Alexa Demie is an American actress and singer. She’s best recognized for her portrayal as one of the main role in HBO’s Euphoria (2019–present).
Aside from television series and film projects, she also boosted her popularity by appearing in a number of music videos including in ATM Jam (2013) by Azaelia Banks feat. Pharrell and Stargazing (2020) by The Neighboorhood.
Many people don’t know how was Alexa struggled to establish her dream as an artist before she becomes successful as now.
Already having hard times during teenage years, this fashionista started her hard journey by seeking for little opportunities around her.
In 2013, Alexa made her first entertainment appearance for an MV owned by Azaelia Banks and Pharrell, ATM Jam, which was also directed by Rony Alwin.
Two years later, she landed her first acting career for a short movie entitled Miles (2015) and played a role as Sara.
Even though people already knew her as an actress, during her time establishing acting career, she also got various jobs, such as became an assistant for Nicki Minaj’s stylist.
After that, in 2016, she appeared in the Showtime’s series, Ray Donovan, as Shairee and acted in 3 episodes there.
Alexa then became busier in 2017, proven by her acting projects in Brigsby Bear as Meredith which was followed by her appearance in the short movie To The Moon.
Besides, she also appeared in JMSN’s MVs, such as Slide and Angelica during that year.
In 2018, Alexa expanded her career by directed JMSN’s MVs for Talk Is Cheap and acted for the movie Mid90s.
She then got her career breakthrough after portrayed Maddy Perez in Euphoria Season 1 (2019), a HBO series which was very popular back then.
Alexa got more acting projects later, such as Mainstream (2020) and Nineteen of Fire (2021).
And finally, she got another popularity breakthrough in 2022, when she came back in Euphoria Season 2.
Read also: Esther Povitsky – Biography, Profile, Facts, Family & Life Story
- Real Name: Alexa Demie Wilson Vanerstrom
- Stage Name: Alexa Demie
- Nickname: Alexa
- Birthday: December 11, 1990
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Nationality: American
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actress, Singer
- Education: Otis College of Art and Design (dropped out)
- Hobbies: Designing jewelries, Singing, Acting, Writing
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: @AlexaDemie
- Instagram: @alexademie
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: Alexa Demie Official
Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- Height: 168 cm (5’7″)
- Weight: 55 kg (121 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Dark brown
- Body Measurements: 34-26-35 (Bust -34, Waist -26, and Hips -35 inches)
- Shoe Size: 7 (US)
- Dress Size: –
- Father: Scott Wilson Vanerstrom
- Mother: Rose Mendez
- Brother: –
- Sister: Falize Rome
Boyfriend & Dating History
Christian Berishaj (JMSN)
She has been in relationship with Christian, who’s an American singer and songwriter that goes with a stage name JMSN, since 2017.
Although the couple tend to keep it lowkey, Cosmopolitan captured them in October 2020 enjoying quality time in Miami beach.
She has appeared in a couple of his music videos, including Slide (2017) and Act Like I’m Not Here (2021).
Even though the exact number of her net worth is not known, multiple sources estimate it to be between $3 million to $5 million.
Alexa seemed to build her fortune primarily through acting and singing.
- Alexa is the real Los Angeles native.
- She grew up in the Atwater Village in the city.
- She spent her school time in a high school in Los Feliz.
- She is really a private person.
- Many fans said that she is so mysterious on social media.
- Alexa said that she prefers her Instagram as her digital mood board to create her character.
- She revealed that she is not like Maddy Perez, because she was a loner.
- During high school, she didn’t go to parties and wasn’t a part of cheerleader team.
- When Alexa was in high school, she once made her own sunglasses line, Mainframe.
- She also purchased a bunch of sunglasses and decorated it with jewels, which initially was her hobby.
- Her sunglasses were very hit in Asia and were wore by G-Dragon, J.Lo, and Nicki Minaj.
- Alexa then stopped design her sunglasses when she realized that she wasn’t being paid for her hard work.
- Initially, she thought she would be a designer and went to college, but she dropped out after realizing school wasn’t for her.
- Her personal style is actually quite different from Maddy Perez who is more feminine. Alexa’s style is more tomboy.
- She said that playing Maddy made her go out from her comfort zone.
- Alexa’s mother is Rose Mendez, a MUA, writer, and producer.
- She loves her mother so much and revealed that she is her biggest inspiration.
- Actually, her abusive relationship with Nate in Euphoria reflected her growing up phase in a home full of fighting and screaming.
- Alexa had a hard relationship with her stepfather, so she left home when she was a teenager and had to work for herself.
- When she left her home, she slept on her friends’ couch and lived in an acting studio.
- Before Euphoria, she admitted that she almost quitted acting because she hated the audition processes and it was difficult to get a role.
- Alexa actually avoids the stereotype of “spicy Latina” and wants to explore different characters.
- Alexa has a very keen eye for art and fashion.
- For Euphoria Season 2’s premiere, she selected her own iconic black dress without stylist, which initially was pulled by Kim Kardashian.
- Alexa had created 3 extensive mood boards for her makeup look as Maddy on Euphoria with the approval from the makeup artists.
- She often does her own eyeliner because it’s her signature look.
- María Félix is one of her role models and Alexa revealed she would love to work with her in the future.
- While she keeps booking dramatic and dark roles, Alexa always goes to stand-up shows because she craves comedy.
- She would like to act in a comedy movie if she is given a chance.
- When Alexa sees herself in 50 years, Alexa would love to play a role like actress Gena Rowlands for A Woman Under the Influence (1974).
- Her ideal type is…
Read also: Havana Rose Liu – Biography, Profile, Facts, Family & Life Story
- Nineteen of Fire (2021), as Paisley
- Mainstream (2020), as Isabelle Roberts
- Waves (2019), as Alexis Lopez
- Mid90s (2018), as Estee
- To The Moon (2017), as Virginia Dawson
- Brigsby Bear (2017), as Merideth
- Miles (2015), as Sara
- Euphoria 2 (HBO | 2022), as Maddy Perez
- Euphoria (HBO | 2019), as Maddy Perez
- The OA (Netflix | 2019), as Ingrid
- Love (Netflix | 2018), as Marina
- Ray Donovan (Showtime | 2016), as Shairee
- Girl Like Me (2018)
- Leopard Limo (2021)
Music Videos Appearances
- Stargazing (2020) – The Neighbourhood
- Angelica (2017) – JMSN
- Slide (2017) – JMSN
- ATM Jam (2013) – Azaelia Banks and Pharrell
“I love schoolwork. I love research and I love working, but I don’t like being told what to do. I think I struggled a lot in school because you’re on a schedule and you’re being told what to do and when you can go to the bathroom. I was always getting in trouble for talking too much. But no, I don’t want to go back to high school. I’m good.”
“I’m very vocal about the projects that I want to do and the projects that come to me. I’ve probably said no to every script that’s come since Euphoria and Waves. I probably wouldn’t take on another role like that right away. If I did, it’d have to be really special and there has to be a really good reason because I’m ready to explore other characters.”
“Despite [my mom] not having any support emotionally or financially, she was always the number one person in my life. She was just always so positive when the rest of my family really wasn’t. They didn’t really believe that you could do what I’m doing. She was always the one to be like, “You can do anything you want.” I think she instilled that in me.”
“I love ’90s fashion because I think that’s just what my mom loved. I love timeless. I don’t like trendy looks. I sometimes prefer to wear no name designers or vintage stuff over a new trendy designer that everyone’s wearing.”
“I don’t get starstruck ever, but for some reason, [I did] meeting Adam Sandler. He just has this presence. He was the nicest guy ever. Now, every time he sees me, he’s like, “Hey.” He remembers you, he’s a genuine human being.”
“I’m such a private person. I’ve gotten this since high school — girls would never speak to me and I think that’s why I didn’t have a lot of friends. Then, when I would finally speak to them, they would be like, “Oh, you’re not a bitch.” I think just because, in high school especially, I was very introverted, and if I don’t know you, I can be really shy.”
“[In Euphoria] We show drugs, we show sex, we show violence. We show all of these things, but we really don’t glorify it; we show a lot of the consequences.”
“I’ve always known I wanted to be really successful and create whatever I want to create. I’m a musician, and I love fashion. And I want to direct and write my own stuff. There are so many other parts of me.”
““You just have to keep going, even if you don’t see the reward right away, because it’s going to come at some point. The universe knows what it’s doing. You just have to trust it.”
“I like the activities of school, but I like to do it on my own accord. So as soon as I got to the [college] orientation, and they were telling us what to do, I was like, I need to get out of here.”
“My philosophy is why wait around? Create your own thing. So that’s what I’m doing.”
Even though many people had stereotyped her as Maddy Perez, Alexa Demie has her own thing outside her character on the show. Salute, Alexa!