Choi Daniel kickstarted his career in acting back in 2000 when he got a minor role for a TV drama created by EBS, School Stories.
Five years later, in 2005, Daniel made his official debut by taking a supporting character for a drama entitled Golden Apple.
In 2008, this mentally-strong actor then debuted in a big-screen movie, Yoga Hakwon.
Daniel got his first role in the drama series when he starred in High Kick Through the Roof! (2009).
Later, he finally raised his popularity by starring in the movie Cyrano Agency. In the same year, he also appeared in Villain and Widow and also Once Upon a Time in Saengchori.
Popularity and appraisal from the public began to reach him when he starred in The Musical (2011) and School 2013 (2012).
He then continued his career by starring in Big Man (2014) and Jugglers (2017). Also, his role in Jugglers finally made him win at the 2018 KBS Drama Awards
After that, Daniel then made an appearance for The Beast (2019), It’s Okay to be Not Okay (2020), and Flying Butterflies (2022).
Read also: Kim Ji Woong – Biography, Profile, Facts, Family & Life Story
- Real Name: Choi Daniel (최다니엘)
- Stage Name: Choi Daniel (최다니엘)
- Nickname: Yogi Daniel
- Birthday: February 22, 1986
- Birthplace: South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Nationality: South Korean
- Height: 186 cm (6’1″)
- Weight: 73 kg (161 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Actor, DJ, Model
- Education: Chungwoon University
- Hobbies: –
- Parents: –
- Siblings: Choi Sung Woo
- Girlfriend: –
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: –
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
- He is under J.Wide Company.
- Initially, Daniel’s father wanted to name him ‘Solomon’, but his mom wanted his name to be ‘Daniel’ which means God’s gift.
- His mother actually didn’t consider having another child because his mother had morning sickness when pregnant with Daniel’s brother.
- Daniel’s father had a vasectomy.
- His nickname, Yogi Daniel, was given by his friends during childhood.
- ‘Yogi Daniel’ is a parody of his similarity with a famous contortionist and yoga master at that time.
- During childhood, Daniel was often the object of joking when his friend asked him to squeeze into a desk.
- His own mother passed away 5 years after he was born.
- Daniel’s father faced bankruptcy for his business no longer after her mother passed away.
- After that, Daniel was sent to be taken care of by his aunt, meanwhile, his brother lived with his father alongside another relative.
- He once did a part-time job as a gas station worker during high school.
- Daniel quit college after one semester because he thought the experience he got was enough.
- Daniel once became a part of the cheerleading team at his college.
- His father works in Military Academy.
- Daniel’s brother works as a civil servant.
- Daniel went to military service in 2015.
- When filming School 2013, Daniel got an injury.
- Daniel’s brother got married when he was in the drama project, Jugglers.
- His ideal type is a kind woman.
- His net worth is around…
Read also: Yoon Chan Young – Biography, Profile, Facts, Family & Life Story
Choi Daniel has been facing a lot of struggles during his lifetime. Even so, he never gives up to reach his dream to be an entertainer, Really, he is a strong-minded person!