Jessi had a dream of making it big in the Korean music industry. For this reason, she decided to move from her hometown in US to South Korea at fifteen years old.
She was initially going to join SM entertainment, having already passed the audition. But the aspiring artist felt that SM music didn’t match her style.
In 2005, Jessi made her debut in the music industry. She released the single album Get Up under the label Doremi Records. She followed it up with a second single album The Rebirth in 2009.
However, these two early releases were not very successful. This Rapper even had to sleep in sauna as she didn’t have enough money to rent a place.
She eventually had to take a break from music and move back to the US.
In 2014, Jessi made his return to the music industry. She signed to YMC Entertainment and became part of a hip-hop trio Lucky J. With the group, she released the single Can Your Hear Me.
This Sagittarius woman began to gain recognition when she participated in Unpretty Rapstar in 2015.
After that, she was invited to be in JYP’s single Who’s Your Mama? and the music video. The track successfully topped all nine Korean music charts.
Following her new-found fame, Jessi released her first solo rap single Ssenunni in September 2015.
She would then release several more singles including Gucci (2017) and Down (2018) under YMC Entertainment.
After her contract ended with YMC, this Rapstar joined P Nation in January 2019. With the new label, she released the single Who Dat B.
The song was a commercial success, even charting at number eight on World Digital Songs Sales chart.
Jessi also had an EP titled Nuna, released on July 2020. The lead single Nunu Nana was released alongside the album.
Nunu Nana peaked at number 2 on Gaon Digital Chart. With this song, this rapper earned her first top ten single as solo artist. Nunu Nana is also her highest charting solo single.
Read more: Jeon Yeo Bin – Biography, Profile, Facts, & Life Story
- Real Name: Ho Hyun Joo (호현주) / Jessica Ho
- Stage Name: Jessi (제시)
- Nickname: Jessi
- Birthday: December 17, 1988
- Birthplace: Queens, New York City, New York, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Chinese Zodiac Sign: Dragon
- Nationality: Korean-American
- Height: 167 cm (5’6’’)
- Weight: 47 kg (104 lbs)
- Blood Type: O
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Composer, Host
- Education: Korea Kent Foreign School
- Hobbies: Shopping
- Parents: –
- Sibling: –
- Boyfriend: –
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @jessicah_o
- Tiktok: @itsjessibaby
- Youtube: –
- Despite being born in New York City, Jessi spent her childhood in New Jersey.
- She went to the same school as Tiffany and Jessica of Girls’ Generation.
- She had a hard time adjusting to Korean culture.
- Her parents are Korean immigrants.
- She has an IQ of 137.
- She has several tattoos which are on her left scapula, left ear, and on the eyebrow.
- This Rapper admitted to have plastic surgery and end up regreting it.
- She loves going shopping.
- She has a dog named Chewie with an instagram account @softandchewie.
- Her surname Ho is quite unique in Korea as only 5.000 people have it.
- She has been on many variety shows like Happy Together and Running Man.
- She became a mentor for several episodes on Unpretty Rapstar 2 in 2015.
- According to J.Y. Park, the Jessi’s featured on Who’s Your Mama? is Suzy’s idea.
- In 2017, she was in Sister’s Slam Dunk Season 1 as permanent cast.
- She is friends with Ailee, Hyorin, and Tiffany of Girls’ Generation.
- This Sagittarius woman was in the show Yo! MTV Raps in 2018.
- She’s part of project girl group Refund Sisters / Refund Expedition starting in October 2020.
- Her ideal type is someone like Jungkook of BTS. She would also like to have a duet with him.
Read more: Azzyland – Biography, Profile, Facts, & Life Story
Pics of Jessi
1. Jessi has incredible sense of style
2. Looking cute, posing with her dog
3. She looks extra glamorous here
4. Jessi can pull off even the most outrageous outfits
5. Love her simple style as well
Jessi has worked so hard to reach this kind of success. There were time when she needed to stop and rethink of what she’s doing.
But in the end, Jessi keeps on pushing forward and that’s truly inspiring.