The majority of the public might already be familiar with George Jung and his ex-wife, Mirtha Jung, but only a few people know much about her.
Popular as the ex-wife of American drug trafficker, Mirtha actually knew about the drug business since she was just a teenager.
Before her drama with drugs and crime controlled her younger life, she initially worked as a waitress right away after she graduated from high school.
After that, during the mid-70s, this Sagittarius woman met a man who later became her husband, George Jung.
After marriage, Mirtha later became a part of a cartel called Medellin Cartel, for which her ex-husband worked.
Her name then became popular because of her big effort in smuggling a huge amount of cocaine starting from Colombia to the United States.
Mirtha got into jail with her husband and during that time, she got pregnant, too. After their baby was born and Mirtha was cleaned from the punishment, she rethought her life path.
Because she didn’t want to make her daughter’s life become a nightmare, Mirtha decided to leave George in 1984.
After the divorce, she maintains her recovery and her relationship with her family. Besides that, she also started to work as a poet, writer, and entrepreneur.
Read also: Rachel Matthews – Biography, Age, Trivia, Family & Life Story
- Real Name: Mirtha Calderon
- Stage Name: Mirtha Jung
- Nickname: Mirtha
- Birthday: December 3, 1952
- Birthplace: Cuba
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Nationality: Cuban-American
- Height: –
- Weight: –
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: –
- Profession: Writer, Entrepreneur, Drug Dealer (formerly)
- Education: –
- Hobbies: –
- Parents: –
- Sibling: –
- Husband: George Jung (Married 1977 – 1984)
- Children: Kristina Sunshine Jung
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @the_real_mirthajung
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
- During her childhood years, Mirtha grew up and lived in a dangerous area of Cuba.
- She already faced poverty during her childhood and teenage years.
- When she was a teenager, she was already introduced to the drug world.
- Mirtha was raised by her parents.
- When Blow biographical movie was released in 2001 that featured the life of her ex-husband, George Jung, Mirtha’s name was mentioned.
- Mirtha once did an interview with a Texas newspaper the same year the movie came out.
- Because of her involvement with the drug business during her younger years, he got into serious drug addiction.
- When she got pregnant, the doctor actually recommended she stop using drugs, but she couldn’t stop at that time.
- She once spent three years in prison after getting involved with cocaine, but then she was released in 1981.
- Even though many people said that she got into the drug industry after she met George, actually she was already an addict beforehand.
- When Mirtha met her ex-husband, she was still in her early 20s meanwhile George was 10 years older than her.
- The couple got into a romance story in 1975 and decided to get married two years later in 1977.
- One of her big reasons for leaving drugs and crime was her daughter, so she decided to divorce George in 1984.
- She didn’t want to give a bad influence on her daughter.
- Her daughter works as an actress and businesswoman.
- Mirtha couldn’t take care of Kristina when she was arrested alongside her ex-husband because of drug trafficking, so the one who took good care of her daughter is Kristina’s grandfather.
- Her daughter is the wife of Roman Reigns and already has 2 lovely children.
- Mirtha always keeps her life stay away from the spotlight.
- She always tries her best to maintain her relationship with her daughter.
- Her ideal type is…
- Her net worth is $150,000.
Read also: Rose Mclver – Biography, Age, Trivia, Family & Life Story
Mirtha Jung is actually an inspiration. She didn’t let her dark past ruin her current and future life, she is such an inspiration.