Many people don’t know how was Alexa Demie struggled to establish her dream as an artist before she becomes successful as now.
Already having hard times during teenage years, this fashionista started her hard journey by seeking for little opportunities around her.
In 2013, Alexa made her first entertainment appearance for an MV owned by Azaelia Banks and Pharrell, ATM Jam, which was also directed by Rony Alwin.
Two years later, she landed her first acting career for a short movie entitled Miles (2015) and played a role as Sara.
Even though people already knew her as an actress, during her time establishing acting career, she also got various jobs, such as became an assistant for Nicki Minaj’s stylist.
After that, in 2016, she appeared in the Showtime’s series, Ray Donovan, as Shairee and acted in 3 episodes there.
Alexa then became busier in 2017, proven by her acting projects in Brigsby Bear as Meredith which was followed by her appearance in the short movie To The Moon.
Besides, she also appeared in JMSN’s MVs, such as Slide and Angelica during that year.
In 2018, Alexa expanded her career by directed JMSN’s MVs for Talk Is Cheap and acted for the movie Mid90s.
She then got her career breakthrough after portrayed Maddy Perez in Euphoria Season 1 (2019), a HBO series which was very popular back then.
Alexa got more acting projects later, such as Mainstream (2020) and Nineteen of Fire (2021).
And finally, she got another popularity breakthrough in 2022, when she came back in Euphoria Season 2.
- Real Name: Alexa Demie Wilson Vanerstrom
- Stage Name: Alexa Demie
- Nickname: Alexa
- Birthday: December 11, 1990
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Nationality: American
- Height: 168 cm (5’7″)
- Weight: 55 kg (121 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actress, Singer
- Education: Otis College of Art and Design (dropped out)
- Hobbies: Designing jewelries, Singing, Acting, Writing
- Parents: Rose Mendez (mother)
- Sibling: –
- Boyfriend: Christian Berishaj (JMSN)
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: @AlexaDemie
- Instagram: @alexademie
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: Alexa Demie Official
- Alexa is the real Los Angeles native.
- She grew up in the Atwater Village in the city.
- She spent her school time in a high school in Los Feliz.
- She is really a private person.
- Many fans said that she is so mysterious on social media.
- Alexa said that she prefers her Instagram as her digital mood board to create her character.
- She revealed that she is not like Maddy Perez, because she was a loner.
- During high school, she didn’t go to parties and wasn’t a part of cheerleader team.
- When Alexa was in high school, she once made her own sunglasses line, Mainframe.
- She also purchased a bunch of sunglasses and decorated it with jewels, which initially was her hobby.
- Her sunglasses were very hit in Asia and were wore by G-Dragon, J.Lo, and Nicki Minaj.
- Alexa then stopped design her sunglasses when she realized that she wasn’t being paid for her hard work.
- Initially, she thought she would be a designer and went to college, but she dropped out after realizing school wasn’t for her.
- Her personal style is actually quite different from Maddy Perez who is more feminine. Alexa’s style is more tomboy.
- She said that playing Maddy made her go out from her comfort zone.
- Alexa’s mother is Rose Mendez, a MUA, writer, and producer.
- She loves her mother so much and revealed that she is her biggest inspiration.
- Actually, her abusive relationship with Nate in Euphoria reflected her growing up phase in a home full of fighting and screaming.
- Alexa had a hard relationship with her stepfather, so she left home when she was a teenager and had to work for herself.
- When she left her home, she slept on her friends’ couch and lived in an acting studio.
- Before Euphoria, she admitted that she almost quitted acting because she hated the audition processes and it was difficult to get a role.
- Alexa actually avoids the stereotype of “spicy Latina” and wants to explore different characters.
- Alexa has a very keen eye for art and fashion.
- For Euphoria Season 2’s premiere, she selected her own iconic black dress without stylist, which initially was pulled by Kim Kardashian.
- Alexa had created 3 extensive mood boards for her makeup look as Maddy on Euphoria with the approval from the makeup artists.
- She often does her own eyeliner because it’s her signature look.
- María Félix is one of her role models and Alexa revealed she would love to work with her in the future.
- While she keeps booking dramatic and dark roles, Alexa always goes to stand-up shows because she craves comedy.
- She would like to act in a comedy movie if she is given a chance.
- When Alexa sees herself in 50 years, Alexa would love to play a role like actress Gena Rowlands for A Woman Under the Influence (1974).
- Her ideal type is…
- Her net worth is around $3 million.
- Nineteen of Fire (2021), as Paisley
- Mainstream (2020), as Isabelle Roberts
- Waves (2019), as Alexis Lopez
- Mid90s (2018), as Estee
- To The Moon (2017), as Virginia Dawson
- Brigsby Bear (2017), as Merideth
- Miles (2015), as Sara
- Euphoria 2 (HBO | 2022), as Maddy Perez
- Euphoria (HBO | 2019), as Maddy Perez
- The OA (Netflix | 2019), as Ingrid
- Love (Netflix | 2018), as Marina
- Ray Donovan (Showtime | 2016), as Shairee
- Girl Like Me (2018)
- Leopard Limo (2021)
Music Videos Appearances
- Stargazing (2020) – The Neighbourhood
- Angelica (2017) – JMSN
- Slide (2017) – JMSN
- ATM Jam (2013 – Azaelia Banks and Pharrell
Even though many people had stereotyped her as Maddy Perez, Alexa Demie has her own thing outside her character on the show. Salute, Alexa!