Bob Marley Quotes – As a reggae music lover, you may be familiar with the following singer and songwriter. Reggae, music and Bob Marley is a unique and unforgettable unit of all time.
Bob Marley or Robert Nesta Marley “Bob” Marley is a Jamaican singer, songwriter, and reggae musician.
Bob Marley is known throughout the world as the most famous reggae musician in the world of reggae music.
He is recognized for his role in popularizing and spreading Jamaican music and the Rastafari Movement throughout the world.
In the course of his career in reggae music, the beginning of his career began when Bob Marley married Rita Marley in February 1966.
And it was Rita who introduced Bob to Rastafarianism. By 1969, Bob, Tosh and Livingston had fully embraced Rastafarian, which greatly influenced their music and reggae in general. Over the last four years that became the forerunner of reggae music that is now known through Bob Marley.
Bob Marley started his career with the Wailers, the group he formed with Peter Tosh and Bunny Livingston in 1963.
The Wailers collaborated with Lee Scratch Perry, producing hit hits such as Soul Rebel, Duppy Conquerer, 400 Years and Small Axe.
The collaboration ended bitterly as Perry sold it in England without the Wailers’ approval. But the event bore fruit, Chris Blackwell, owner of Island Records, signed the Wailers and produced their albums Catch a Fire and Burnin.
In 1976, Bob Marley moved to England. His creativity did not subside, EXODUS managed to perch on the British charts for 56 weeks.
This success was followed by the next album, namely KAYA. This success was able to bring reggae music to the western world for the first time.
Until his career, Bob Marley managed to tour the world both in Europe and America and released many hit albums until the end of his life at the end of 1981.
Bob Marley until now is often known for his music and also his inspiring career journey for all of us that can be used as learning and knowledge together, one of which is through the following quotes that inspire us all.
For that, let’s look at 100 Bob Marley quotes that show his popularity and inspiring career path for all of us.
Bob Marley Quotes In His Career That Bring Inspiration
1. “When one door is closed, don’t you know that many more are open?”
2. “Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don’t complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief, and jealousy. Don’t bury your thoughts; put your vision to reality. Wake up and live!”
3. “Though the road’s been rocky, it sure feels good to me.”
4. “You just can’t live that negative way. You know what I mean. Make way for the positive day. Cause it’s a new day.”
5. “Don’t worry about a thing ’cause every little thing gonna be alright.”
6. “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.”
7. “When the race gets hard to run. It means you just can’t take the peace.”
8. “Beginnings are usually scary, and endings are usually sad, but it’s everything in between that makes it all worth living.”
9. “Just because you are happy, it does not mean that the day is perfect but that you have looked beyond its imperfections.”
10. “I don’t know how to live good. I only know how to suffer.”
11. “You not supposed to feel down over whatever happen to you. I mean, you’re supposed to use whatever happen to you as some type of upper, not a downer.”
12. “The day you stop racing is the day you win the race.”
13. “My fear is my only courage.”
14. “You not supposed to feel down over whatever happen to you. I mean, you’re supposed to use whatever happen to you as some type of upper, not a downer.”
15. “You just can’t live that negative way. You know what I mean. Make way for the positive day. Cause it’s a new day.”
16. “Today, people struggle to find what’s real. Everything has become so synthetic that a lot of people, all they want is to grasp onto hope.”
17. “My music will go on forever. Maybe it’s a fool say that, but when me know facts me can say facts. My music will go on forever.”
18. “She may not be the most popular or prettiest but if you love her and she makes you smile… What else matters?”
19. “Just because you are happy, it does not mean that the day is perfect, but that you have looked beyond its imperfections.”
20. “Money is numbers and numbers never end. If it takes money to be happy, your search for happiness will never end.”
21. “I will never regret you or say I wish I’d never met you, because once upon a time, you were exactly what I needed.”
22. “I know that I’m not perfect and that I don’t claim to be, so before you point your fingers make sure your hands are clean.”
23. “Everything is political. I will never be a politician or even think political. Me just deal with life and nature. That is the greatest thing to me.”
24. “The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.”
25. “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?”
26. “The winds that sometimes take something we love, are the same that bring us something we learn to love.”
27. “Judge not, before you judge yourself. Judge not, if you’re not ready for judgment.”
28. “Road of life is rocky and you may stumble too, so while you talk about me, someone else is judging you.”
29. “Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad but it’s everything in between that makes it all worth living.”
30. “It’s your own conscience that is gonna remind you; that it’s your heart and nobody else’s that is gonna judge.”
31. “As a man sow, shall he reap. and I know that talk is cheap. But the heat of the battle is as sweet as the victory.”
32. “You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it. You say you love sun, but you seek shelter when it is shining. You say you love wind, but when it comes, you close your windows. So that’s why I’m scared when you say you love me.”
33. “She may not be the most popular or prettiest, but if you love her, and she makes you smile, what else matters?”
34. “Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.”
35. “My music will go on forever. Maybe it’s a fool say that, but when me know facts, me can say facts. My music will go on forever.”
36. “Every man got the right to decide his own destiny.”
37. “As a man sow, shall he reap. And I know that talk is cheap. But the heat of the battle is as sweet as the victory.”
38. “Man is a universe within himself.”
40. “The biggest coward is a man who awakens a woman’s love with no intention of loving her.”
41. “Love would never leave us alone.”
42. “If you can love the wrong person that much, imagine how much you can love the right one.”
43. “What important is man should live in righteousness, in natural love for mankind.”
44. “Love the life you live. Live the life you love.”
45. “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
46. “And no matter what game they play, we got something they can never take away.”
47. “Every time I plant a seed, he say kill it before it grow, he say kill it before they grow.”
48. “Me only have one ambition, y’know. I only have one thing I really like to see happen. I like to see mankind live together, black, white, Chinese, everyone, that’s all.”
49. “Don’t give up the fight. Stand up for your rights.”
50. “It take many a year, mon, and maybe some bloodshed must be, but righteousness someday prevail.”
51. “Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery; no one but ourselves can free our minds.”
52. “Overcome the devils with a thing called love.”
53. “The winds that sometimes take something we love are the same that bring us something we learn to love. Therefore we should not cry about something that was taken from us, but, yes, love what we have been given. Because what is really ours is never gone forever.”
54. “The devil ain’t got no power over me. The devil come, and me shake hands with the devil. Devil have his part to play. Devil’s a good friend, too because when you don’t know him, that’s the time he can mosh you down.”
55. “A hungry mob is an angry mob.”
56. “Prejudice is a chain; it can hold you. If you prejudice, you can’t move; you keep prejudice for years. Never get nowhere with that.”
57. “Me don’t dip on nobody’s side. Me don’t dip on the black man’s side, not the white man’s side. Me dip on God’s side, the one who create me and cause me to come from black and white.”
58. “Rastafari not a culture; it’s a reality.”
59. “The harder the battle, the sweet of Jah victory.”
60. “People want to listen to a message, word from Jah. This could be passed through me or anybody. I am not a leader. Messenger. The words of the songs, not the person, is what attracts people.”
61. “I don’t stand for black man’s side; I don’t stand for white man’s side; I stand for God’s side.”
62. “Two thousand years of history Black History could not be wiped away so easily.”
63. “Today, people struggle to find what’s real. Everything has become so synthetic that a lot of people, all they want is to grasp onto hope.”
64. “The good times of today are the sad thoughts of tomorrow.”
65. “None but ourselves can free our minds.”
66. “Truth is the light, so you never give up the fight.”
67. “When the root is strong, the fruit is sweet.”
68. “Love the life you live. Live the life you love.”
69. “Every man got the right to decide his own destiny.”
70. “The good times of today, are the sad thoughts of tomorrow.”
71. “The mind replays what the heart can’t delete.”
72. “Tell the children the truth.”
73. “In this bright future, you can’t forget your past.”
74. “Money can’t buy life.”
75. “You can’t find the right roads when the streets are paved.”
76. “I don’t believe in death, neither in flesh nor in spirit.”
77. “One love, one heart, one destiny.”
78. “The day you stop racing is the day you win the race.”
79. “Never expect God to do for you what you don’t do to others.”
80. “When the race gets hard to run. It means you just can’t take the peace.”
81. “My music fights against the system that teaches to live and die.”
82. “They say: only the fittest of the fittest shall survive, stay alive!”
83. “Free speech carries with it some freedom to listen.”
84. “A hungry mob is an angry mob.”
85. “Enjoy life now. This is not a rehearsal.”
86. “In the abundance of water a fool is thirsty.”
87. “My fear is my only courage.”
88.“Forget your troubles and dance.”
89. “Judge not, before you judge yourself.”
90. “Put your vision to reality.”
91. “Love would never leave us alone.”
92. “Keep calm and chive on.”
93. “You have to be someone.”
94. “Don’t complicate your mind.”
95. “Rastafari not a culture, it’s a reality.”
96. “If something can corrupt you, you’re corrupted already.”
97. “Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.”
98. “Don’t trust people whose feelings change with time. Trust people whose feelings remain the same, even when the time changes.”
99. “Money is numbers, and numbers never end. If it takes money to be happy, your search for happiness will never end.”
100. “You can fool some people sometimes, but you can’t fool all the people all the time.”
We can see together above, Bob Marley quotes that give us inspiration and new knowledge about life during his career that inspires us all until now.