Bretman Rock is a Filipino-American makeup artist, YouTube star, and TikTok star. He rose to prominence after his contouring Vine videos went viral in 2015.
His popularity is boosted even further through his makeup tutorials and his humorous personality.
- 1 Career
- 2 Profile
- 3 Height, Weight & Physical Appearances
- 4 Family
- 5 Boyfriend & Dating History
- 6 Net Worth
- 7 Controversies
- 8 Facts
- 9 TV Shows
- 10 Music Video Appearances
- 11 Awards
- 12 Nominations
- 13 Quotes
- 14 Pics of Bretman Rock
- 15 FAQs
- 15.1 Who is Bretman Rock?
- 15.2 Who is Bretman Rock’s real name?
- 15.3 What makes Bretman Rock famous?
- 15.4 Where is Bretman Rock from?
- 15.5 How old is Bretman Rock?
- 15.6 When Bretman Rock celebrates his birthday?
- 15.7 How tall is Bretman Rock?
- 15.8 Who are Bretman Rock’s parents?
- 15.9 Who is Bretman Rock’s ex-boyfriend?
- 15.10 How rich is Bretman Rock?
- 15.11 What is Bretman Rock nationality?
Bretman Rock was first known through his performance on Youtube and Vine. In 2016, Rock turned to vlogs with beauty tutorial videos. From there, he gained popularity with his viral contouring videos.
He obtained his fame very quickly due to the unique content he shared on the internet. His unique identity and authenticity have a contribution to achieving his success.
The beauty empire he built through social media brought him to the doorstep of the entertainment industry.
In 2019, he got the opportunity to appear on the Pride Month issue of Gay Times Magazine.
In the same year, collaborated with stylist Andrew Gelwicks, he attended New York Fashion Week for the first time.
His steps into the entertainment industry keep continuing; he played the fourth season of the YouTube Premium web series Escape the Night. He also got a project on MTV by starring the YouTube show, No Filter.
The beauty vlogger becomes widely recognized as an entertainer. In May 2020, Rock was invited as a guest star on the third episode, Instant Influencer, from James Charles’ YouTube Originals.
In May 2021, alongside fellow internet personalities, he appeared as a cameo in music video Bella Poarch’s debut single.
His skill and effort to stand out gave him an achievement to be proud of. Among the awards he has won is Beauty Influencer Award at the 45th People’s Choice Awards and Breakthrough Social Star from MTV Movie and TV Awards 2021.
Rock also developed his business as an entrepreneur by launched his eyewear collection. In this venture, the Hawaiian has a collaboration with a Los Angeles-based brand, Dime Optics.
- Full name: Bretman Rock Sacayanan
- Stage name: Bretman Rock
- Nickname: Bretman Rock
- Birthdate: July 31, 1998
- Birthplace: Sanchez-Mira, Cagayan, Philippines
- Zodiac sign: Leo
- Nationality: American, Philippine
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: YouTube Star, TikTok Star, Makeup Artist
- Education: James Campbell High School
- Hobbies: Make-up, Sports
- Parents: Edmund Laforga (Father), Mercedita (Mother)
- Sibling: Princess Mae
- Facebook: @Bretman Rock
- Twitter: @BretmanRock’s Year
- Instagram: @bretmanrock
- TikTok: @bretmanrock
- YouTube: Bretman Rock Official
Height, Weight & Physical Appearances
- Height: 173 cm (5’8″)
- Weight: 70 kg (154 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Brown
- Body Measurements: 39-30-34 (Bust -39, Waist -30, and Hips -34 inches)
- Shoe Size: 10 (US)
- Dress Size: –
- Father: Edmund Laforga
- Mother: Mercedita Sacayanan
- Brother: Edmund Jr.
- Sister: Princess Mae
Boyfriend & Dating History
Bretman’s dating history is unknown.
In 2020, he posted a lot of pictures with a faceless, mysterious guy but it was later revealed that they had broken up.
Bretman has an estimated net worth of $6 million to $7 million. He mainly earns from his career as a YouTube star and TikTok star.
Using Racial Slur in His Video
In 2020, a video in which Bretman Rock was shown saying the N-word repeatedly surfaced on the internet.
He posted an apology statement swiftly through Twitter in April 2020, explaining that the video was taken when he’s merely 15. He admitted that the action was “stupid & ignorant.”
- Rock moved to Hawaii from Philipines at was seven years old
- His father gave him a name based on his favourite wrestling stars, Bret Hart and The Rock
- His father died after being in a coma in 2019
- He often features his mother, sister, and nephew in his posts
- The Instagram star learned the value of being patient from her mother
- The beauty vlogger is known for his humorous views on life
- Vlogger Talia Joy and makeup artist Patrick Starrr are the figures who have inspired him
- His courage to appear different made him a finalist in the awards: Shorty Award for Breakout YouTuber in 2017; comedy video at the Shorty Awards in 2020
- Time recognized him as one of the 30 Most Influential Teens in 2017; Forbes included him in 30 Under 30 Asia – Media, Marketing, & Advertising list in 2018; He was one of Variety’s 2020 Power of Young Hollywood List
- In June 2020, it was announced that he would be featured in a new series on Ellen DeGeneres’ Ellen Digital Network
- He loves sports. In his young days, he did baseball, soccer, cross-country, and volleyball
- In high school, Rock was on the track team
- Rock confirmed that he was gay in September 2019
- In an interview with Elle, he informed he has his first relationship
- To guard his private matter, he claims that he will never reveal his boyfriend’s identity
- He is popular for his gay rights campaigns on the social media
- His grandmother was his initial inspiration in his make-up proficiency
- The beauty influencer posted his make-up videos when he was quite young. He got support from his family on his venture.
- The family support has given him the confidence to grow his career and brand.
- He was subjected to bullying when still in high school
- For some valuable reason, the Youtuber had no plans of leaving Hawaii
- Rock loves outdoor activities
- The sports lover keeps himself fit by doing CrossFit and weightlifting
- As part of his passion for fitness, he plans to make CrossFit and weightlifting into a business venture
- He wasn’t prepared his script for his speech as he accepted Breakthrough Social Star in MTV Movie and TV Awards 2021
- In April 2020, he asked that his fans not visit his home uninvited, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- His ideal type is…
- The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder (BAR Productions | 2022), as the voice of the makeup guy and Sebastian
- 30 Days With: Bretman Rock (YouTube | 2021), as himself
- MTV Following: Bretman Rock (MTV | 2021), as himself
- Instant Influencer with James Charles (Brian Graden Media | 2020), as himself
- Escape the Night S4 (Brian Graden Media | 2019), as The Play Boy
Music Video Appearances
- Dolls (2022) –– Bella Poarch
- Inferno (2021) –– Sub Urban & Bella Poarch
- Build a Bitch (2021) –– Bella Poarch
- 2021 Streamy Awards – Show of the Year – 30 Days With: Bretman Rock
- 2021 Streamy Awards – Unscripted Series of the Year – 30 Days With: Bretman Rock
- 2021 MTV Movie and TV Awards – Breakthrough Social Star
- 2019 People’s Choice Awards – Beauty Influencer
- 2022 WOWIE Awards – Best Instagram
- 2022 GLAAD Media Award – Outstanding Reality Program – MTV’s Following: Bretman Rock
“I like to wake up and not know what I’m doing.”
“I will wear a woman’s dress and a man’s pant with it.”
“I’m a singer, song-writer, actor, actress, athlete. Girl, I’m everything.”
“Don’t forget to appreciate everyone you have in your life… not everyone is blessed to have them like you do.”
“As long as you are doing things with a smile on your face, and you are having fun, then you are being unfiltered.”
“I just don’t like how the beauty industry became so much about money and so much drama-driven.”
“It’s crazy to me that we call it a beauty industry when it’s not beautiful at all.”
“To be honest, I don’t know… something about the camera like turns me into such a diva. Like when it’s on and I see my face in the camera, I’m just like, oh girl you look so good!”
“I mean, I will always be that beauty boy, and I will always wear makeup ’til the day that I die.”
“I get to escape this crazy world that I live in. I think that’s the true beauty of running.”
“I don’t need drama to stand out.”
“Men’s clothing and women’s clothing shouldn’t even really be a thing.”
“I usually wait for opportunities and act on them if I like them or I like to really think through any new ideas I have.”
“Drag Race’ was, like, my outlet and finally being able to see myself in television and that was through Manila Luzon, who was a ‘Drag Race’ contestant. Manila was the first Asian queer person that I ever saw on mainstream media and ‘Drag Race’ really did that for me.”
“I think people are always surprised to learn that I’m actually nice.”
“I wake up when the time is double digits – 10, 11, 12 – and I make myself a cup of coffee and think about what I’m gonna do that day. Either I’m gonna set my house on fire or I’m gonna take pictures. I’m random.”
Pics of Bretman Rock
1. Bretman Rock displaying his unique personality in various colours
2. The true make-up artisan
3. The pink boy who celebrated his birthday
4. Tosca dress for success
5. The proud guy and his golden popcorn
Who is Bretman Rock?
He is a Filipino-American makeup artist, YouTube star, and TikTok star.
Who is Bretman Rock’s real name?
His real name is Bretman Rock Sacayanan.
What makes Bretman Rock famous?
He’s famous because his contouring Vine videos went viral in 2015, and for his makeup tutorials and his humorous personality.
Where is Bretman Rock from?
He was born in Sanchez-Mira, Cagayan, Philippines.
How old is Bretman Rock?
He was born in 1998, and he is 27 years old as of 2023.
When Bretman Rock celebrates his birthday?
He celebrates on the 31st of every July.
How tall is Bretman Rock?
His height is 5’8″ or 173 cm.
Who are Bretman Rock’s parents?
His father’s name is Edmund Laforga and his mother’s name is Mercedita Sacayanan.
Who is Bretman Rock’s ex-boyfriend?
None of his ex-boyfriend is known to the public.
How rich is Bretman Rock?
His net worth is around $6 million to $7 million.
What is Bretman Rock nationality?
His nationality is Filipino-American.
No matter what other people’s comments, being real and unique is the key to Bretman Rock’s victory.