Cariba Heine is a South African-Australian actress and dancer. She’s best recognized for her appearances in A Model Daughter: The Killing of Caroline Byrne (2009), Blue Water High (2008), and H2O: Just Add Water (2006–2010).
After having to give up on her dancing career, Cariba Heine decided to focus on her acting career by auditioning and started appearing in short movies in 2003.
One of her first short movies was called Balistic Sessions, which was shown at some movie festivals. Later, she appeared on the Australian TV show Strictly Dancing in 2005.
A year later, she signed herself up to star in the fantasy TV series H20: Just Add Water. It was a good start for her career because she was offered a lead role right away.
The overwhelming success of the series had opened several doors for her in the upcoming years. In 2007, she showed up in the TV series Stupid, Stupid Man.
She also joined the cast of the TV series Blue Water High for the episodes the following year. Project after project kept on coming her way after that.
In 2016, she was set to reprise her breakthrough role in the TV series Mako: Island of Secrets, which is a spin-off of the TV series H20: Just Add Water (2006).
- Real Name: Cariba Heine
- Stage Name: Cariba Heine
- Also Known as: –
- Nickname: Cariba
- Birthday: October 6, 1988
- Birthplace: Johannesburg, South Africa
- Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Nationality: South African-Australian
- Religion: –
- Professions: Actress, Dancer
- Education: St. Clare’s College, Telopea Park School, National Capital Acting School
- Hobbies: Dancing, doing gymnastics
- Facebook: The Libratine – Cariba Heine
- Twitter: @TheLibratine
- Instagram: @thelibratine
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- Height: 165 cm (5’5”)
- Weight: 56 kg (123 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Blonde
- Eye Color: Blue
- Body Measurements: 34-25-34 (Bust -34, Waist -25, and Hips -34 inches)
- Shoe Size: 7 (US)
- Dress Size: 6 (US)
- Father: Kevin Heine
- Mother: Michelle Heine
- Brother: Kyle Heine
- Sister: –
Boyfriend & Dating History
Cariba’s reportedly dated Burgess, her co-star in H2O: Just Add Water. They were said to separate in 2008, for unknown reasons.
She has been in relationship with her long-term boyfriend, Jamie, since 2008. Little to none detail is known about their relationship, including how they met.
In 2018, the couple were rumored to be engaged. However, none of both sides has ever confirmed it.
According to multiple sources, she has accumulated $3 million to $5 million of net worth. Her main source of income appeared to be from her career as a professional actress.
- Cariba moved from South Africa to Australia when she was only three years old.
- She has always loved dancing ever since she was a kid.
- Her mother, Michelle Heine, owned a dance school in Canberra, Australia.
- Cariba was formally trained in jazz, tap, classical ballet, acrobatics, and rhythmic gymnastics.
- She is good at singing besides dancing.
- Her favorite band is Muse.
- Cariba had to give up on her dancing career due to a hip injury.
- She was once a member of a duo group.
- Her favorite TV series is Love My Way (2004).
- Cariba is a perfectionist.
- She spent most of her time training to swim for the TV series H20: Just Add Water (2006).
- Her favorite drink is Grape Fanta.
- Cariba is a natural blonde.
- She has striking blue eyes.
- Cariba is determined to keep her Australian accent.
- She has a sweet tooth and likes eating chocolate.
- Cariba prefers homemade food.
- She can speak English and French fluently.
- Her ideal type is…
- Henry & Sophie (2018), as Sophie
- How’d I Get in This Field (2016), as Ashley
- Rough Sweat (2016), as June
- The Making of ‘Bait’ (2013), as self
- Quietus (2012), as Val
- Bait 3D (2012), as Heather
- Blood Brothers (2011), as Ellie Carter
- At the Tattooist (2010), as Alex
- A Model Daughter: The Killing of Caroline Byrne (2009), as Caroline Byrne
- Ballistic Sessions (2003), as Amanda
- Everybody Is Doing Great (Hulu | 2021), as Isabella Baker
- The Secrets She Keeps (Network Ten | 2020), as Grace
- Home and Away (Seven Network | 2018), as Ebony Harding
- Adopted (ABC | 2018), as Jessica and the producer
- Designated Survivor (Netflix | 2017), as Peyton Lane
- Mako: Island of Secrets (Network Ten | 2016), as Rikki Chadwick
- Hiding (ABC1 | 2015), as Harriet
- Friendly Advice (YouTube | 2014), as Faith
- Howzat! Kerry Packer’s War (Nine Network | 2012), as Delvene Delaney
- Dance Academy (ABC | 2010), as Isabelle
- The Future Machine (YouTube | 2010), as Katie Hill
- The Pacific (HBO | 2010), as Phyllis
- Blue Water High (ABC1 | 2008), as Bridget Sanchez
- Stupid, Stupid Man (TV1 | 2007), as Mindy
- H2O: Just Add Water (Network Ten | 2006), as Rikki Chadwick
- Inside Film Awards (SBS TV | 2008), as a guest
- Strictly Dancing (ABC TV | 2005), as a contestant
“I’d love to work with Natalie Portman or Cate Blanchett, I have such enormous respect for them both. There’s a heap of Australian actors I’d love to work with as well.”
“I’ve danced for a lot longer than I’ve acted so obviously I find dancing much more natural and easy but I can safely say I love acting now as well.”
“I actually did 3 auditions for the role of Rikki. I used to have to travel 3 hours for each casting and after the first audition I apologised to my dad for having to drive me the whole way because I thought it was so bad! So getting the first call back was pretty surprising. The last audition was actually in Queensland and they got us in the water in a tail to see how we’d go in the water without any proper mermaid training.”
“I kind of fell into acting through my dancing. My agent started sending me to acting castings and then I got H2O much to my surprise!”
“Having a strong support network around you is the most important thing. There’s so many things with this line of work that impact you negatively from the rejection, to just the uncertainty of it all, having people around you that you can rely on and will be honest with you means that you can avoid a lot of the stress and pressures.”
“I’m currently doing Pilates 3 times a week and hoping to pick up beach walking and swimming as summer arrives.”
“In winter I can’t help myself with comfort food so the slow cooker gets quite a work out and in summer I crave food with lots of water content so fruits and veggies (also helps to undo the damage that winter does). I mainly try to have a big variety of food, that’s about it.”
Cariba Heine is not afraid of change. If anything she always strives to find bigger opportunities and room for her to improve, especially when it comes to her career.