Confucius is a writer, teacher, and a chinese politician whose the words is still relevant and we use it as a guidance, view of life and identity.
Confucius’s difficult time form childhood shaped him into a wise and intelligence person. His dad is died when he was 3 years old.
Lived with his single mother made Confucius had to deal with hard life. Confucius had been a cattlemen, shepherd, shopkeeper, book clerk.
Because of his intelligence, Confucius thought become well-known and get a lot of followers.
China’s government recognize that, and Confucius installed as one of Chinas government officer.
Here 60 of Confucius quotes that not only representing the old days but present and future.
Read more: 60 Beauty Quotes That Make You Love Yourself
1. “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”
2. “Fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.”
3. “Base yourself in loyalty and trust. Don’t be a companion with those who are not your moral equal. When you make a mistake, don’t hesitate to correct it.”
4. “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”
5. “And remember, no matter where you go, there you are.”
6. “Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.”
7. “Roads were made for journeys not destinations.”
8. “Have no friends not equal to yourself”
9. “Attack the evil that is within yourself, rather than attacking the evil that is in others.”
10. “Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses.”
11. “Respect yourself and others will respect you.”
12. “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.”
13. “Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure.”
14. “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”
15. “Do not let a leader lead you on a bad path.”
16. “Words are the voice of the heart.”
17. “The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential… these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.”
18. “You are what you think.”
19. “When we see persons of worth, we should think of equaling them; when we see persons of a contrary character, we should turn inwards and examine ourselves.”
20. “The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.”
21. “The expectations of life depend upon diligence; the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.”
22. “Act with kindness but do not expect gratitude.”
23. “Silence is a true friend who never betrays.”
24. “When wealth is centralized, the people are dispersed. When wealth is distributed, the people are brought together.”
25. “Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without.”
26. “There is nothing more visible than what is secret, and nothing more manifest than what is minute.”
27. “If you try to do too much, you will not achieve anything.”
28. “It is better to light one small candle of gratitude than to curse the darkness.”
29. “Study the past, if you would divine the future.”
30. “A gentleman would be ashamed should his deeds not match his words.”
31. “He who speaks without modesty will find it difficult to make his words good.”
32. “He who learns but does not think, is lost! He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger.” (desain)
33. “No matter how busy you make think you are you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.”
34. “To be truly happy and contented, you must let go of what it means to be happy or content.”
35. “The essence of knowledge is, having it, to use it.”
36. “Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change.”
37. “The superior man is distressed by the limitations of his ability; he is not distressed by the fact that men do not recognize the ability that he has.”
38. “Your life is what your thoughts make it.”
39. “All people are the same; only their habits differ.”
40. “Learn advidly. Question it repeatedly. Analyze it carefully. Then put what you have learned into practice intelligently.”
41. “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.”
42. “Three things cannot long be hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”
43. “Hold faithfulness and sincerity as first principles.”
44. “Give a bowl of rice to a man and you will feed him for a day. Teach him how to grow his own rice and you will save his life.”
45. “Education breeds confidence. Confidence breeds hope. Hope breeds peace.”
46. “It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get.”
47. “Without feelings of respect, what is there to distinguish men from beasts?.”
48. “The noble-minded are calm and steady. Little people are forever fussing and fretting.”
49. “True wisdom is knowing what you don’t know.”
50. “The scholar does not consider gold and jade to be precious treasures, but loyalty and good faith.”
51. “Don’t complain about the snow on your neighbor’s roof when your own doorstep is unclean.”
52. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.”
53. “The funniest people are the saddest ones.”
54. “If you make a mistake and do not correct it, this is called a mistake.”
55. “Recompense injury with justice, and recompense kindness with kindness.”
56. “He who conquers himself is the mightiest warrior.”
57. “One joy dispels a hundred cares.”
58. “No matter how busy you are you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.”
59. Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes.
60. “Think of tomorrow, the past can’t be mended”
After China’s Government become corrupt, Confucius resigned from his job and back to his village and continued to spread his thought.
Until now, Confucius becomes a thought that shared worldwide.