Dwayne Johnson started his career as an athlete. In his university, he became a successful football player. However, he got a back injury and decided to be a professional wrestler instead.
He began his debut in 1996 and signed the World Wrestling Federation (WWF) contract. Rocky Maivia was his debut name.
Eliminations and matches had passed. He was called the Nation of Domination as Dwayne had won many championships such as the Intercontinental Championship and King of the Ring tournament.
In 1997, he changed his name to The Rock. He took a rest from the wrestling arena in 2000. Then, he appeared in The Mummy Returns in 2001 and The Scorpion King in 2002.
The movies were financially victorious. After that, he took a role in popular movie franchises including Fast & Furious and G.I Joe.
He eventually announced his retirement from the wrestling arena in 2019.
- Full name: Dwayne Johnson
- Stage name: Dwayne Johnson, The Rock
- Nickname: Dewey, The Rock, The Brahma Bull
- Born: May 2, 1972 in California, USA
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Professional wrestler, actor, businessman
- Education: University of Miami
- Hobbies: working out, listening to music, fishing
- Parents: Rocky Johnson (Father) and Ata Johnson (Mother)
- Sibling: Curtis Bowles, Wanda Bowles
- Wife: Lauren Hashian
- Instagram: @therock
- Facebook: @DwayneJohnson
- YouTube: The Rock
- TikTok: @therock
- Twitter: @TheRock
- His signature is his well-built and muscular physique.
- He likes Groucho Marx’s eyebrow trademark.
- You can see his wax figure at Madame Tussaud’s museum, London.
- He is afraid of spiders.
- To build his body, Dwayne has to eat healthily. However, he eats sushi and much cream cheese on his cheat day.
- Tommy Lee Jones is his favorite actor.
- He loves black.
- Brian Gewirtz, Rob Corddry, and Hugh Jackman are his close friends.
- Hiz late father was also a professional wrestler and recorded history in World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) as the first black champions.
- His father is of Black Nova Scotian ancestry and his mother has Samoan background.
- In 1995, he finished his bachelor’s degree in General Studies, Criminology, and Physiology.
- He became a football player during his time in the university.
- He filmed as his father in 1999 for That ’70s Show: That Wrestling Show.
- In 2002, he received a paycheck worth 5.5 million USD for his role in The Scorpion King. This was recorded in the Guinness Book of World Records as the first actor who got top billing.
- The 2003 WWE is his last match. He fought against Bill Goldberg.
- He and his wife donated 2 million USD to the University of Miami in 2006.
- In the same year, he built the Dwayne Johnson Rock Foundation. This fundraiser focuses on the terminally ill children’s betterment.
- In 2015, Muscle & Fitness named him Man of the Century.
- During the Covid-19 pandemic in 2020, Johnson and his family donated 1 million USD to the United Way agencies. Then, he and The Jets Wire added 2 million USD.
- Dwayne’s daughter, Simone Alexandra, followed his path in WWE. She even becomes the youngest wrestling athlete there.
- He launched his tequila brand, Teremana Tequila, in 2020.
- His song You’re Welcome for Moana earned multi-platinum in the United States.
Read more: Beyoncé – Biography, Profile, Facts & Career
1. With this look, who wants to mess up with him?
2. He definitely loves black!
3. Who do you think is the cooler? Dwayne or the car?
4. Even though he has retired as a wrestler, he still manages to keep in shape
5. He looks intimidating sometimes. But, when Dwayne’s with his children, he is the best dad ever!
Dwayne Johnson shows us that people can be successful in many fields as long as they work hard and perform on the highest level.