After graduating from school, Erin Doherty worked widely in theater, and from 2014 to 2017, her face was closely acquainted in notable theater productions.
A year later, she tried out for a job on the small screen and got picked to play a role in the TV series Call the Midwife. It was a hit and gave her career an instant boost.
After two years, she was cast in the TV series Les Misérables, which was another hit that benefited her career as a rising actress.
Even then, things only got better for her as she was chosen to portray a significant character in the TV series The Crown (2019). After that, she landed a role in the movie Intelligent Design (2020).
She even got several awards for her spectacular acting. In 2022, she secured a spot to play the main character in the TV series Chloe.
- Real Name: Erin Rachael Doherty
- Stage Name: Erin Doherty
- Nickname: Erin
- Birthday: July 16, 1992
- Birthplace: Crawley, United Kingdom
- Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Nationality: British
- Height: 168 cm (5’6”)
- Weight: 57 kg (126 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: Christianity
- Profession: Actress
- Education: Guildford School of Acting, Hazelwick School, Bristol Old Vic Theatre School
- Hobbies: Tutoring, shopping, playing soccer, and baking
- Parents: –
- Siblings: Grace Josephine Doherty (Sister), Matthew Doherty (Brother)
- Girlfriend: Sophie Melville (2021 – )
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @erinrdoherty
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
- Erin was involved in various theater productions and therefore has a lot of experience in theatrical plays.
- Before taking the role of Princess Anne in the TV series The Crown (2019), she spent a lot of time watching old videos of the princess so she would be able to recreate her character.
- She likes to improvise both on stage and on camera.
- Erin is a huge fan of veteran actress Meryl Streep.
- She decided to become an actress when she was 18 years of age.
- The movie Bridesmaids (2011) is easily one of the best movies she has watched.
- She needs a cup of black coffee whenever she works on the set.
- Erin has never been to Buckingham Palace and met the royal family despite living in the United Kingdom her whole life.
- Her parents divorced when she was only four years old.
- She said she is not good at academics.
- Erin was a football player at school and was even scouted to play for Chelsea FC.
- She is very picky when it comes to clothes.
- Erin likes stylish and fashionable clothes.
- She likes her clothes clean and well-pressed.
- Erin likes her shoes good-looking and comfortable.
- Her ideal type is…
- Her net worth is around $1 million.
- Firebrand (TBA), as Anne Askew
- The Last Jeff (2020), as Maddy
- Intelligent Design (2020), as Grace Lindsey
- Chloe (BBC | 2022), as Becky Green
- Unprecedented (BBC | 2020), as Dee
- The Crown (Netflix | 2019), as Princess Anne
- Les Misérables (BBC | 2019), as Fabienne
- This World (BBC | 2019), as self
- Call the Midwife (BBC | 2017), as Jessie Marsh
- The Man Cave Chronicles Podcast (Apple Podcasts | 2022), as a guest
- Celebrity Page (Reelz | 2022), as a guest
- CBS Mornings (CBS | 2022), as a guest
- GMA3: Strahan, Sara & Keke (ABC | 2019), as a guest
- ITV Evening News (ITV | 2019), as a guest
- 2020 – Newport Film Festival – Breakthrough Artist Award – The Crown
- 2017 Manchester Theatre Awards – Best Actress in a Studio Production – Wish List
- 2015 Stephen Sondheim Society – Student Performer of the Year Award – Follies
- 2021 Gold Derby Awards – Best Supporting Actress (Drama) – The Crown
Erin Doherty has always had a knack for acting and performing on stage. It all can be seen from a good acting resume she has built since she was a teenager.