Our EXY started her big journey to be a K-Pop idol when she decided to join an audition held by JYP in previous 2008.
Unfortunately, she didn’t succeed to pass the audition. Try to fight for her dream, she then gave another shot to another agency, Starship Entertainment.
In this agency, she then started to become a trainee. She worked very hard during her trainee days and this work led her to be a contestant for a survival show called Unpretty Rapstar Season 2 in 2015.
She succeeds to survive until the 8th episode and got eliminated after then. In the same year, EXY then made a release for a Mixtape.
In late 2015, EXY then was announced as one of WJSN’s members when the agency posted her cover song video. In that video, she sang for All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey.
She was also announced as WJSN’s sub-unit, Sweet Unit, on 24th December 2015. Several months later, on 25th February 2016, she then finally debuted alongside the group by releasing Would You Like? as the first EP.
But EXY’s journey didn’t stop there. She even venturing her wings for some solo projects.
In 2017, she did a collaboration alongside Euna Kim to release a single Love Therapy. One year later, she continued doing collaborations such as for Homegirl by Sobae and Love Professor by Nakta.
She also became a K-Drama OST’s singer in 2020 for a drama called Meow, the Secret Boy. For this project, she did a collaboration with Dayoung.
- Real Name: Chu So Jung (추소정)
- Stage Name: EXY (엑시)
- Nickname: –
- Birthday: November 6, 1995
- Birthplace: Busan, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Nationality: South Korean
- Position: Leader, Main Rapper, Vocalist
- Height: 166 cm (5’5″)
- Weight: 49 kg (108 lbs)
- Blood Type: A
- Religion: –
- Profession: Singer, Dancer, Rapper
- Education: Dongduk Women’s University
- Hobbies: Rapping, Songwriting, Listening to hip-hop and R&B
- Parents: –
- Siblings: –
- Boyfriend: –
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: @exy_s2
- Instagram: @exy_s2
- YouTube: –
- Weibo: @wjsnexy
- She is the leader of the Sweet sub-unit and also a part of αγυρτης and WJSN THE BLACK sub-unit.
- EXY has a sister who is older than her and a brother who is younger than her.
- She is the middle child in her family.
- In the group, she becomes the representative of Scorpio.
- EXY is good at playing tambourine and also a triangle.
- She became a rapper for Unpretty Rapstar Season 2.
- She is part of YTeen alongside Dayoung, Seola, Cheng Xiao, Eunseo, Yeoreum, and also Soobin.
- Initially, EXY trained to be a singer but eventually, she switched to be a rapper.
- EXY is very good at rap composing and writing.
- She became a trainee for approximately eight years.
- She composed some songs in WJSN albums, such as Dream Your Dream and WJ Please?.
- She became an actress alongside Bora from SISTAR for The Flatterer, a web drama.
- EXY once made an appearance for King of Masked Singer.
- She also once made an appearance for I Have Something to Say Today.
- EXY made a good friendship with Dreamcatcher’s Sua.
- One day, EXY would like to do an acoustic project as a soloist or even an R&B singer.
- J.Cole is EXY’s R&B idol.
- She has a dream unit that contains her, Chungha, Haebin from Gugudan, and Huihyeon from DIA.
- She is a friend of LOONA’s Yves.
- EXY always wants to express her gratitude to her fans because they always support WJSN.
- She would like to ask Eunseo to go out if she were born as a boy.
- EXY is really a sweet girl.
- Her fans always make EXY smile every day, even on the worst days.
- EXY admitted that the best rappers in the group also fall to Bona and Yeoreum.
- Someday, she would like to do a collaboration alongside Eric Nam.
- EXY was once featured in Love Professor by Nakta.
- Her ideal type is…
Pics of EXY
1. EXY’s outfits match her personality very well
2. She’s so gorgeous with her casual street style
3. EXY’s blonde hair is so adorable
4. She looks so perfectly classy in that blue suit
5. But we also love EXY’s comfortable style
The best rapper, a good actress, and a sweet person. How could a human have those top 3 best traits? We adore you very much, EXY!