Surrounded by her family who loves acting, Hailee Steinfeld started to fall in love with acting when she initially appeared for various short movies at the age of 10.
Three years later, in 2010, when she was just 13 years old, she was trusted to act in True Grit as Mattie Ross.
In that movie, she acted together with a lot of senior actors, such as Matt Damon, Jeff Bridges, and also Josh Brolin.
True Grit was very huge until many movie critics praised her acting so well and earned her a nomination as Best Supporting Actress for the 83rd Academy Awards.
Later, no longer after True Grit was released, Hailee was trusted to be the new ambassador of fashion brand Miu Miu.
One year later, in 2013, she became Juliet Capulet for the movie Romeo and Juliet, a romance movie that unfortunately gained poor reviews internationally.
In that year, she appeared in Ender’s Game, a science-fiction movie that was adapted from the book written by Orson Scott Card.
Continuing her career, Hailee later joined the cast of Begin Again (2014) and also Pitch Perfect 2 (2015).
In 2015, she made the acoustic version of Shawn Mendes’ single, Stitches, alongside him. Besides, she also debuted as a singer by releasing her own song, Love Myself.
That single earned her more popularity as a singer, which later made her release more songs, Rock Bottom (2016) and Starving (2016).
She came back to star in the movie back in 2018 when she acted in Bumblebee.
That year, she also appeared as a voice dubber as Gwen Stacy for Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.
Later, Hailee continued her acting career by acting in Charlie’s Angels (2019), Dickinson (2019-2021), and Hawkeye (2021).
- Real Name: Hailee Steinfeld
- Stage Name: Hailee Steinfeld
- Nickname: Hailee
- Birthday: December 11, 1996
- Birthplace: Tarzana, California, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Nationality: American
- Height: 173 cm (5’7″)
- Weight: –
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Actress, Singer
- Education: Lutheran School, Conejo Elementary, Colina Middle School.
- Hobbies: Play basketball, Making music
- Parents: Peter Steinfeld (father), Cheri Steinfeld (mother)
- Siblings: Griffin Steinfeld (brother)
- Boyfriend: Cameron Smoller (2016-2017), Niall Horan (2017-2018)
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: @HaileeSteinfeld
- Instagram: @haileesteinfeld
- TikTok: @haileesteinfeld
- YouTube: Hailee Steinfeld Official
- Hailee was raised in Tarzana.
- Her mother, Cheri, works as an interior designer.
- Her father is a personal trainer, so is her uncle, Jake Steinfeld.
- She was raised in an actor family.
- Hailee got an inspiration to be an actress when she saw her cousin, True O’Brien, when she was just 8 years old.
- She has Filipino descent and African from her grandfather, Ricardo Domasin.
- Hailee was home-schooled started from 2008 until 2015.
- Her father is Jewish.
- Hailee is really active in charity activities.
- She once made a “swear jar” when she was on the set of True Grit where she would collect $5 every time someone said “fuck” or other vulgar words. That jar later was donated to an Alzheimer’s foundation.
- Hailee is close to Taylor Swift, the popular American singer.
- She also made a good friendship with Camila Cabello.
- Hailee loves to spend her time outside.
- During her spare time, she loves to play basketball and soccer.
- Music is her biggest passion.
- Her ideal type is someone who is honest, loyal, and confident with himself and can do their thing while she does her own thing.
- Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Part One) (2022), as Gwen Stacy
- Charlie’s Angels (2019), as angel recruit (cameo)
- Between Two Ferns: The Movie (2019), as herself
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018), as Gwen Stacy (voice)
- Bumblebee (2018), as Charlie Watson
- Pitch Perfect 3 (2017), as Emily Junk
- The Edge of Seventeen (2016), as Nadine Franklin
- Term Life (2016), as Cate Barrow
- Unity (2015), as narrator
- Barely Lethal (2015), as Megan Walsh
- Taylor Swift: The 1989 World Tour Live (2015), as herself
- Pitch Perfect 2 (2015), as Emily Junk
- Ten Thousand Saints (2015), as Eliza Urbanski
- When Marnie Was There (2014), as Anna Sasaki (voice)
- The Keeping Room (2014), as Louise
- The Homesman (2014), as Tabitha Hutchinson
- 3 Days to Kill (2014), as Zooey Renner
- Ender’s Game (2013), as Petra Arkanian
- Romeo & Juliet (2013), as Juliet Capulet
- Begin Again (2013), as Violet Mulligan
- Hateship, Loveship (2013), as Sabitha
- True Grit (2010), as Mattie Ross
- Hawkeye (Disney+ | 2021), as Kate Bishop
- Arcane (Netflix | 2021), as Vi (voice)
- Dickinson (Apple TV+ | 2019-2021), as Emily Dickinson
- Sons of Tucson (Fox | 2010), as Bethany Springs
- Back to You (Fox | 2007), as little girl (cameo)
- I Love You’s (2020)
- Wrong Direction (2020)
- Afterlife (2019) – Dickinson OST
- Back To Life (2018)
- Capital Letters (2018) – with BloodPop
- Let Me Go (2017) – with Alesso ft. Florida Georgina Line and Watt
- Most Girls (2017)
- Starving (2016) – with Grey ft. Zedd
- Rock Bottom (2016) – ft. DNCE
- Love Myself (2015)
- The Voice (NBC | 2015-2018), as advisor
- BrainSurge (Nickelodeon | 2009), as herself
- GLAAD Media Awards 2020 – Outstanding Comedy Series – Dickinson
- Kids’ Choice Awards 2019 – Favorite Female Voice from an Animated Movie – Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
- Saturn Awards 2019 – Best Supporting Actress – Bumblebee
- Teen Choice Awards 2018 – Choice Movie Actress – Comedy – Pitch Perfect 3
- Teen Choice Awards 2017 – Choice Music for Single – Most Girls
- Behind the Voice Actor Awards 2014 – Best Female Lead Vocal Performance in an Anime Feature Film/Special – When Marnie Was There
- Peabody Awards 2020 – Entertainment Honoree – Dickinson
Hailee Steinfeld has been proving to her fans that she’s worthy to be idolized. She is humble, generous, beautiful, and passionate.