Before starting her journey in the art and entertainment industry, Hunter Schafer already faced a lot of ups and downs through her career.
Initially wanted to be a fashion designer, this Capricorn actress began to be a runway model in 2017 to explore more about the fashion world and got a chance into the industry.
After getting into various modeling agencies, such as Community in New York, Why Not Model Management in Milan, and Premier Model Management in London, her chance to reach her dreams became wider.
She then did a lot of modeling jobs for many fashion weeks, and also for designer brands, such as Prada, Marc Jacobs, Calvin Klein, Miu Miu, Vera Wang, Thierry Mugler, and many more.
Even though she got amazing jobs in modeling, Hunter was very confused about her career path.
In the midst of her confusion, she then heard about the audition for the 2019 HBO series, Euphoria, which later made her debut on that show as Jules.
Consequently, as her acting portraying Jules on that show was very good, she received various compliments from her performance.
Later, in 2022, Hunter Schafer came back for the Euphoria series on its second season, which later gave her more popularity than before.
- Real Name: Hunter Schafer
- Stage Name: Hunter Schafer
- Nickname: Hunter
- Birthday: December 31, 1998
- Birthplace: Trenton, New Jersey, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Nationality: American
- Height: 178 cm (5’10”)
- Weight: 65 kg (143 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actress, Model
- Education: Needham B. Broughton High School, North Carolina School of the Arts
- Hobbies: –
- Parents: Mac Schafer (father), Katy (mother)
- Siblings: 2 sisters, 1 brother
- Boyfriend: Dominic Fike
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @hunterschafer
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
- Hunter’s father works as a Presbyterian minister.
- She and her family already moved from New Jersey, Arizona, to Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Hunter once was involved in a protest against Public Facilities Privacy & Security Act for North Carolina.
- Hunter was added as a plaintiff for the Carcaño v. McCrory lawsuit during her junior high school year.
- She became a semifinalist for the U.S. Presidential Scholars Program when she was a senior high school student.
- Initially, Hunter wanted to attend Central Saint Martins but she declined it to focus on her modeling and acting career.
- Hunter is a trans woman.
- She revealed that the Internet had helped her overcome with her gender identity crisis.
- Hunter was once being diagnosed with dysphoria when she was in ninth grade.
- She said that she is proud to be a trans woman.
- Hunter is an advocate of LGBTQ+.
- She has a big passion in fashion.
- She thought that becoming a runway model is a high-paying career until the reality didn’t do the same.
- Actually, she wanted to be a model to make a lot of money to afford her tuition fees in a fashion design school.
- She once almost gave up reaching for her own dream and considered to go back to school, but the audition for Euphoria changed her life forever.
- Hunter doesn’t think that she’s fit to be anyone’s role model.
- In the beginning of her transitioning journey, Hunter wore a lot of makeup to feel good about her own self.
- During her time when she was a toddler, she already portrayed his own femininity even though she was born as a male.
- Her parents initially were worried whether she was normal or not.
- She said that she picked Catwoman and Hawkgirl as her favorite superheroes when her mother asked her during her 2-years-old period.
- Hunter also said that her mother was so worried that she chose pink dresses over vest and fireman gear.
- Actually, it’s very hard for her parents to accept that Hunter is a trans gender.
- Before Hunter got into fashion, she already wanted to be a comic book artist.
- She once was invited to contribute her sketches for the website of Tavi Gevinson, a popular fashion blogger.
- Her ideal type is…
- Her net worth is around $4 million.
- Belle (2022), as Ruka “Ruka-chan” Watanabe (voice)
- Euphoria 2 (HBO | 2022), as Jules Vaughn
- Euphoria (HBO | 2019), as Jules Vaughn
“I had never really acted before, so I really didn’t know what I was doing. The casting director for ‘Euphoria’ set me up with an acting coach in New York, and he completely flipped my world around. The way you learn to utilize your brain and your emotions”
“When I think of an activist, I think of a community organizer who is working every day and directly with community members and making it a job to take care of and speak up for a community in some way.”
“There might have been a point in my career where, because people have been telling me I’m an activist, I took on that label. But in retrospect, I don’t think that’s what I am – or what I’ve been – just because I’m vocal about my identity sometimes.”
“Modeling for a year taught me a lot. I got very involved in the fashion industry and met a bunch of people who I admired.”
“Ever since I can remember, I drew, and visual arts have been my main way to express myself. I like dancing, although I’ve never done that very seriously. It’s something I’d like to explore more.”
“I went to an arts high school and was surrounded by drama students who dreamed of working in the industry. I almost feel a sense of guilt, because I didn’t go to acting school.”
“No matter what I’ve worked on or what art practices I’ve delved into, they’ve always been an attempt to world-build.”
“In the entertainment world, you can have more of a personality and be yourself. You don’t have to look like a standard of beauty. You can have something provocative to say.”
Hunter Schafer’s journey to be here is really hard. Even so, she never gets tired and always keeps moving forward. What a role model!