Jannine Weigel, also known as Ploychompoo, is a Thai singer, TikTok star, YouTube star, and actress. She began to earn recognition in her homecountry after starring in Klai Khae Nai Khue Klai (2013) by Getsunova.
Her popularity is boosted further by beginning her YouTube channel, where she posted various contents, including song covers. She also began to work to build her acting career.
She first started modeling at just 10 years old, after moving from Germany to Thailand. A year later, this Leo girl began to dive into the music industry.
She got three months of intense training in preparation for her singing career.
Afterward, she took part in children singing contest called Singing Kids. The girl born in Germany ended up in the third place.
Her appearance on the show brought interest from entertainment company GMM Grammy. Jannine became a trainee under them in 2012, before emerging as a full artist later on.
During her trainee years, she had appeared in Getsunova’s music video for Klai Khae Nai Khue Klai (How Much Further Is It Till I Could Be Near You?).
At this time, Jannine also started her Youtube channel. She began to make cover of popular songs like Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri, Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen, and Payphone by Maroon 5.
These covers got millions of views and brought her popularity even before her official debut. Under GMM Grammy, Jannine released her first single Chak Din Chak Ngo in 2015.
She also appeared in original soundtrack for horror film Senior with the song Thoe Doen Khao Ma (You Walked In).
This song got her the Best Original Song Awards in 2016 Thailand National Film Association Awards.
Later on, this talented singer released several more songs with GMM Grammy such as Away and Because of You.
She also has 2 EPs titled Genesis (2015) and Deep End (2017), both with songs in English.
In June 2018, Jannine parted way with GMM Grammy. Since 2019, this young artist is signed under RedRecords.
This label is a joint venture between Universal Music Group and AirAsia Group. With them, Jannine has released the single Passcode in 2020.
Other than being an artist, the girl born in 2000 has also appeared in several movies.
Her most notable role came from horror comedy film Pee Nak in 2019. Acting as Jui in the film, Jannine received a nomination for Best Southeast Asia act in MTV EMA Seville.
- Real Name: Jannine Parawie Weigel
- Stage Name: Jannine Weigel
- Nickname: Jannine, Ploychompoo
- Birthdate: July 30, 2000
- Birthplace: Steinfurt, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
- Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Nationality: Thai
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Singer, Actress, TikTok Star, YouTube Star
- Education: Berklee College of Music, Faculty of Liberal Arts Sukhothai Thammathirat Open University
- Hobbies: Singing, playing basketball and swimming.
- Facebook: Jannine Weigel Official
- Twitter: @thejanninew
- Instagram: @jannineweigel
- TikTok: @jannineweigel
- Youtube: Jannine Weigel Official
- Website: www.jannineweigelofficial.com
Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- Height: 165 cm (5’5”)
- Weight: 44 kg (97 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Brown
- Eye Color: Brown
- Body Measurements: –
- Shoe Size: –
- Dress Size: –
- Father: –
- Mother: –
- Brother: –
- Sister: –
Boyfriend & Dating History
She has never been involved in a publicly known relationship. She tends to keep her personal and dating life private.
The exact amount of her net worth is not known, but various sources estimated it to be around $2 million. She possibly earns mostly from her career in the entertainment industry.
- Jannine’s family consists of father, mother, and three older brothers.
- Her father is German, while her mother is Thai.
- This talented singer has a Thai nickname Ploychompoo meaning pink sapphire.
- Her favorite colors are green, purple, pink, and blue.
- Some of her favorite foods are tom yam kung, pizza, fried chicken, and lemonade.
- Jannine also likes eating north-eastern Thai food.
- She has a dog named Melody.
- She can speak Thai, German, and English.
- This young actress is learning Vietnamese and Mandarin.
- She is the first Thai singer who reaches 1 million subscribers on Youtube in only 2 years.
- She has received the Youtube Gold Play Button.
- Jannine wants to be the kind of artist who can connect with her listeners. Someone who is able to share her emotions, whether it’s happiness, pain, and everything in between.
- Her ideal type is…
- Pee Nak (2018), as Jui
- The Black Moon (2018), as multiple roles
- The Diary (2018), as Jiji
- Love Score (2018), as Music
- Senior (2015), as Athiti/Mon
- Khitaratchaniphon (2015), as Dao
- Mass Suicide (2012)
- When I Was 16 (True4U ⏐ 2020), as Da
- Dream Teen (ThaiPBS⏐ 2020), as Namwan
- Game of Thrones (HBO ⏐ 2017), as Arya Stark (Thai dub voice)
- My Secret Friend (YouTube ⏐ 2017), as DJ
- U-Prince Series (GMM25 ⏐ 2017), as Pinyin
- #Ped Idol (GMM25 ⏐ 2016), as Saengdaet
- Love Songs, Love Series (GMM25 ⏐ 2016), as Mi
- Banlang Mek (“Throne of Clouds”) (One HD⏐ 2015), as Win
“I don’t just want to be an artist because I like it. I want to sing and do music because I want to connect with my listeners, I want to share my emotions with them, my happiness, my pain and everything in between. I want them to feel like I’m there for them and feel them when sometimes no one is.”
“I’ve loved music ever since I can remember.”
“While I started out in acting as an extra in commercials and TV spots, I realised I wanted to try something else. So at age 11, I went to compete in a singing competition, and that led me to really spark my passion in music and desire to pursue it as more than a hobby.”
“If I didn’t go down this route, I think I might have become a professional swimmer instead. I actually did that for 4 years when I was younger, and we’d go around different cities in Germany to compete.
“I might have become a designer and went into fashion, because I remember how I loved seeing my mum do that when I was a kid.”
“Passcode really marked a new chapter in my life. Even though I’ve done songs in English before, that was mostly as an independent artist, where I’d invest with my own personal finances and do most things by myself.”
“I started with music when I was 12, that’s when I started my YouTube channel. Back then, I was already in a (Thai) label but I was still a trainee so I had a lot of free time. That’s why I started my YouTube channel. That’s where it pretty much took off.”
“I try to make my music as inspirational as possible. So I guess it’s inspirational? haha.”
“My mom is the one who sparked my passion for music for me. She always liked me to sing karaoke since I was 3 years old and I loved it.”
“My musical influences are mostly female singers, say Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Selena Gomez and Ariana Grande. I think they all are amazing performers and watching their shows is just mesmerizing. I hope I can entertain as good as them one day.”
“ I basically can read-write-speak 3 languages which is English, German and Thai. That comes from being mixed-race (German-Thai) and my parents speaking to me/each other in different languages. I would really want to learn more languages but currently I’m super busy!”
“I actually wanna act in a horror movie, either a ghost or slasher movie. I just love that stuff. I love playing terrified I guess lol. I would love to play something like the main actress in the movie Orphan!”
“Always try to find a way to get closer to your dream. Don’t just wait for opportunities, you need to run to them. Anything you do won’t be for nothing, I believe that anything that God has put into your heart is for a purpose.”
Pics of Jannine Weigel
1. Jannine in all black outfit
2. She looks really cool and funky here
3. She is so effortlessly beautiful
4. Jannine wearing a dress fit for a princess
5. You can really see her perfect face in this close-up
Jannine Weigel has had such an amazing career in the entertainment industry. Whether as a singer or actress, her next projects would be exciting to see.