Julia Garner made her acting debut during her teenage years when she was just 17 years old by joining Martha Marcy May Marlene in 2011 as Sarah.
One year later, in 2012, a film director named David Chase offered her a small role in a movie Not Fade Away.
Following that job, this Aquarius actress later got her first major role in that year for a movie called Electrick Children.
She also got a role as Susan for the 2012 hit movie, The Perks of Being A Wallflower, starring by Logan Lerman and Emma Watson.
One year later, in 2013, Julia starred in a horror movie, The Last Exorcism Part II with Ashley Bell, followed by her role in We Are What We Are (2013).
Later, she began to become a co-star in a movie Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (2014) which marked the first time where she did an acting project against a green screen.
Julia continued her career in movie by starring in Grandma (2015), series Girls (2016), and also The Americans (2016).
Her career breakthrough was happened in 2017, where she starred in Netflix series, Ozark, as Ruth Langmore.
That character then led into her victory in the 2019 and 2020 Primetime Emmy Awards as an Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series.
After her name became more popular, she then starred in other acting projects, Modern Love (2019), The Assistant (2019), and Inventing Anna (2022).
- Real Name: Julia Garner
- Stage Name: Julia Garner
- Nickname: Julia
- Birthday: February 1, 1994
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Nationality: American
- Height: –
- Weight: –
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actress
- Education: Eagle Hill School, Columbia University
- Hobbies: –
- Parents: Thomas Garner (father), Tami Gingold (mother)
- Siblings: Anna Garner (sister)
- Husband: Mark Foster (Married 2019)
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: @juliagarner94
- Instagram: @juliagarnerofficial
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
- Julia was born in the Riverdale neighborhood.
- Her mother works as a therapist.
- Her mother also had a career as a comedian and actress in Israel.
- Julia’s father is an art teacher and painter.
- She describes herself as half-Israeli.
- She frequently visits her mother’s relatives in Israel.
- Julia is able to understand Hebrew.
- She already took an acting class when she was 15 years old.
- Julia’s husband, Mark Foster, is the member of Foster The People.
- She married her husband at the New York City Hall.
- She had engaged with Mark for 8 months before they got married.
- Her ideal type is…
- The Assistant (2019), as Jane
- Everything Beautiful Is Far Away (2017), as Rola
- One Percent More Humid (2017), as Catherine
- Tomato Red (2017), as Jamalee Merridew
- Good Kids (2016), as Tinsley
- Grandma (2015), as Sage
- Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (2014), as Marcie
- I Believe in Unicorns (2014), as Cassidy
- Hair Brained (2013), as Shauna Holder
- The Last Exorcism Part II (2013), as Gwen
- We Are What We Are (2013), as Rose Parker
- Not Fade Away (2012), as girl in car
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012), as Susan
- Electrick Children (2012), as Rachel McKnight
- Martha Marcy May Marlene (2011), as Sarah
- Inventing Anna (Netflix | 2022), as Anna Delvey
- Modern Love (Amazon Prime Video | 2019), as Maddy
- Dirty John (Netflix | 2018-2019), as Terra Newell
- Maniac (Netflix | 2018), as Ellie Landsberg
- Waco (Paramount Network | 2018), as Michelle Jones
- Ozark (Netflix | 2017), as Ruth Langmore
- The Get Down (Netflix | 2016-2017), as Claudia Gunns
- Girls (HBO | 2016), as Charlie’s Roommate
- The Americans (FX | 2015-2018), as Kimberly Breland
- Primetime Emmy Awards 2020 – Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series – Ozark
- Fantastic Fest 2013 – Best Actress in Horror Features – We Are What We Are
- Golden Globe Awards 2021 – Best Supporting TV Actress – Ozark
- Columbus Film Critics Association 2020 – Best Actress – The Assistant
- Critics’ Choice Television Awards 2018 – Best Supporting Actress in a Movie/Miniseries – Dirty John
Julia Garner is such a sweetheart and independent woman. She is also a successful actress who loves to keep improving her acting skills. Awesome!