Karol G started to love music when she was five years old. She wrote a song about peace when she was in school with her sisters for a challenge.
In 2007, she released a song titled En La Playa and followed by other songs Por Ti, Dime Que Si, and Mil Maneras in the next years.
In 2011, she was rejected by Universal Records, saying women wouldn’t be successful in reggaeton.
Karol then decided to promote her music independently through festivals, clubs, and colleges. Her breakthrough was collaborating with Bad Bunny for Ahore Me Llama.
The music video was viewed over 750 million times and peaked #10 on the Billboard Hot Latin Songs chart.
She also gained a large following because her lyrics often show her interest in female empowerment.
Throughout her career, Karol has collaborated with Becky G, Leslie Grace, and Bad Bunny.
She also received many prestigious awards including MTV Europe Music Awards, LOS40 Music Awards, and American Music Awards.
- Full name: Carolina Giraldo Navarro
- Stage name: Karol G
- Nickname: Karol
- Born: 14 February 1991, in Medellín, Colombia
- Zodiac sign: Aquarius
- Nationality: Columbian
- Height: 160 cm (5’3″)
- Weight: 53 kg (117 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Singer, songwriter
- Education: Music, University of Antioquia
- Hobbies: Singing
- Parents: Juan Guillermo (Father) and Marta Navarro (Mother)
- Sibling: Verónica and Jessica
- Boyfriend: –
- Facebook: @KarolGOficial
- Twitter: @karolg
- Instagram: @karolg
- TikTok: @karolg
- YouTube: KAROL G Official
- Her trademarks are killer curves and colorful outfits.
- Karol also has many tattoos on her body.
- Several of her tattoos include her own face, Rihanna’s, and Selena’s face.
- Instagram is Karol G’s most used app.
- Her favorite food is Bandeje paisa.
- She often celebrates the success of her friends by throwing a party.
- Before going to the stage, she does prayer, practices the vocal technique, and kisses her boyfriend.
- Her favorite subject in school was art because she loves drawing.
- Nick from the Backstreet Boys is her celebrity crush.
- Her go-to photoshoot pose is a wink to the camera.
- Church is the favorite spot to perform her music.
- She describes her music as truthful.
- Her biggest musical influence is Shakira, Beyoncé, and Selena.
- This singer has a huge following in the LGBT community.
- Her mother used to cry a lot when reading hate comments directed at her daughter.
- After some time, she turns a deaf ear to the foolish words.
- Karol refused to have a collaboration with Becky G for her song Sin Pijama due to the smoking marijuana lyric.
- Her album Ocean portrays her natural look without makeup because she wants people to listen to her music honestly.
- She was engaged to a rapper Anuel AA in April 2019.
- The couple first met when recording their duet song Culpables in August 2018.
- However, during summer 2020, the couple split up.
- After breaking up, Karol was spotted still wearing her diamond engagement ring.
- In 2020, she was tested positive for Covid-19.
- Her ideal type is…
Pics of Karol G
1. Karol G looks like a desert princess
2. Karol wears a white winter jacket
3. She won an award. Congratulations!
4. Karol G’s outfit is stunning
5. The red hoodie matches her car
Even though Karol G was rejected in her early career, she didn’t give up and continued pursuing her dream as a singer.