Kelly Clarkson’s talent was discovered by her choir teacher in school, Cynthia Glenn. Since then, she performed some musicals at her high school and received positive feedbacks.
She continued singing and tried to market her songs to record labels. However, she felt like an outsider and moved to Los Angeles.
In May 2002, she joined American Idol: The Search for a Superstar and eventually won the season. Her career began to shine ever since.
She was signed to S Records, 19 Recordings, and RCA Records. She released her debut Before Your Love in September 2002.
It was ranked #60, but leaped to number one and broke the record by The Beatles. The single became the best-selling one of 2002 in the USA.
In 2004, she wanted to detach from her American Idol image and hired talent management services. Her second album Breakaway led her to win 2 nominations at once at the 2006 Grammy Awards.
Those are the Best Female Pop Vocal Performance and Best Pop Vocal Album. Her next singles continued to be nominated for Grammy Award. Those are Because of You, Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You), and Love So Soft.
- Full name: Kelly Brianne Clarkson
- Stage name: Kelly Clarkson
- Nickname: Kellbelle, The Original American Idol, The Queen of Covers
- Born: April 24, 1982, in Fort Worth, Texas, United States
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Singer, Songwriter, Actress
- Education: Burleson High School
- Hobbies: Playing golf and board games, also watching movies
- Parents: Stephen Michael Clarkson (Father) and Jeanne Taylor (Mother)
- Sibling: Alyssa Clarkson and Jason Clarkson
- Husband: Brandon Blackstock (divorced in 2020)
- Facebook: @kellyclarkson
- Twitter: @kellyclarkson
- Instagram: @kellyclarkson
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: Kelly Clarkson Official
- She loves eating red velvet cake and chili chips.
- Kelly’s go-to board games are Scrabble, Boggle, Farkle, and Sequence.
- Her voice signature is spanning three octaves.
- She repeatedly performs barefoot!
- This woman supports several charities including UNICEF, Save the Children, and Save the Music Foundation.
- Clarkson has suffered from autoimmune and thyroid condition since 2006.
- Kelly Brianne Clarkson was raised Southern Baptist.
- Her parents divorced at the age of 6, and her mother remarried Jimmy Taylor.
- She had a dream to be a marine biologist. However, she changed her mind after watching Jaws.
- The University of Texas at Austin, Berklee College of Music, and the University of North Texas offered her full scholarships. However, she turned them down and attempted to build her music career.
- She used to work at a comedy club, Hollywood Theatres, bookstore, and zoo.
- She traveled to Los Angeles in 2001 and tried to join record labels. Yet, many of them rejected her because she sounds “too black”.
- Before her audition for American Idol in 2002, she stayed up all night!
- In 2003, Christina Aguilera co-wrote her single Miss Independent.
- In the World Idol in 2003, Kelly Clarkson became the second place.
- Her single Breakway was co-written by Avril Lavigne. This single becomes the soundtrack of The Princess Diaries 2.
- She sang Because of You at the 2006 Grammy Awards ceremony and got a standing ovation.
- She was married to Brandon Blackstock in 2013 and becomes the stepmother of her husband’s son and daughter, River Rose and Remington Alexander.
- In September 2019, she premiered The Kelly Clarkson Show, her own variety talk show.
- In February 2020, Wayfair chose her as the brand ambassador.
- She released a single I Dare You in 2020 and had duets with five artists with their own native languages.
- Kelly Clarkson was divorced from her husband in 2020.
- Her net worth is estimated to be $45 Million
Pics of Kelly Clarkson
1. Kelly’s look is as gorgeous as her performance!
2. She seems excited for a contestant’s performance in The Voice Season 19. She becomes one of the coaches along with John Legend, Gwen Stefani, and Blake Shelton
3. Kelly Clarkson and her Christmas outfit. Isn’t it lovely?
4. Kelly wears a long black dress for her talk show, The Kelly Clarkson Show.
5. Black or white, which one do you like from her outfits?
Who doesn’t agree that Kelly Clarkson is a role model for everyone dreaming to become a star? She is the representation of “zero to hero”!