Kim Seon Ho is a South Korean actor. He gained mainstream recognition through his roles in drama series Start-Up (2020) and Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha (2021).
- 1 Career
- 2 Profile
- 3 Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- 4 Family
- 5 Girlfriend & Dating History
- 6 Net Worth
- 7 Controversies
- 8 Facts
- 9 Movies
- 10 Drama Series
- 11 TV Shows
- 12 Awards
- 13 Nominations
- 14 Quotes
- 15 Pics of Kim Seon Ho
- 16 FAQs
- 16.1 Who is Kim Seon Ho?
- 16.2 Who is Kim Seon Ho’s real name?
- 16.3 What makes Kim Seon Ho famous?
- 16.4 Where is Kim Seon Ho from?
- 16.5 How old is Kim Seon Ho?
- 16.6 When Kim Seon Ho celebrates his birthday?
- 16.7 How tall is Kim Seon Ho?
- 16.8 Who are Kim Seon Ho’s parents?
- 16.9 Is Kim Seon Ho married?
- 16.10 Who is Kim Seon Ho’s ex-girlfriend?
- 16.11 How rich is Kim Seon Ho?
- 16.12 What is Kim Seon Ho nationality?
Kim Seon Ho began to love acting through not so good way.. As a young child, he witnessed his mother got stabbed by a robber.
This event traumatized him to the point that he would feel uncomfortable when people stand behind him.
This young boy turned to acting to overcome his trauma. Through acting school, Seon Ho was able to open himself up again.
After high school, this Taurus men decided to study in Seoul Institute of the Arts in Broadcasting and Entertainment Department.
During his college years, he joined their theatre group and got a chance to act in various plays.
In 2009, he got his first stage role in the play New Boeing Boeing. He found himself stuck a bit while playing in romantic comedies Goal of Love and Rooftop House Cat.
But he finally found his footing in darker roles, such as Kiss of the Spider Woman, True West, and Closer.
In 2017, the man from Seoul began to make a move towards TV and films. He had his screen debut in the drama series Good Manager.
Not long after, this actor got his first main role in Strongest Deliveryman after initially auditioning for the supporting role.
Over the years, this actor continued to make a name for himself by appearing on various series. Some of the most notable ones are his acting in Two Cops (2017) and 100 Days My Prince (2018).
In 2019, he also appeared on the reality show 2 Days & 1 Night, for which he won the Rookie Award at the 2020 KBS Entertainment Awards.
In 2020, Kim Seon Ho reached new height of success and fame. This is due to his appearance in the hit series Start-Up.
His portrayal of the supporting character was widely praised by the public. This talented actor even got a nomination for the Baeksang Arts Award for Best Supporting Actor – Television.
- Real Name: Kim Seon Ho (김선호)
- Stage Name: Kim Seon Ho (김선호)
- Nickname: –
- Birthday: May 8, 1986
- Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Nationality: Korean
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actor
- Education: Seoul Institute of the Arts
- Hobbies: Reading comics, Watching movies
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @seonho__kim
- Tiktok: –
- Youtube: –
- Fancafe: Kim Seon-ho Official
- V Live: Kim Seon Ho Official
- Website: 김선호
Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- Height: 183 cm (6’0″)
- Weight: 74 Kg (163 lbs)
- Blood Type: A
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Dark brown
- Body Measurements: –
- Shoe Size: 11.5 (US)
- Father: –
- Mother: –
- Brother: –
- Sister: –
Girlfriend & Dating History
Choi Young Ah
Kim Seon Ho met Choi Young Ah for the first time in around the end of 2019, when there was a friend gathering event. They started dating in early March 2020.
She revealed that she’d been married once and is a divorcee in midst March. However, he decided that he still wanted to continue their relationship, albeit being a little flustered before.
The couple first split happened on July 7, 2020, due to her repeatedly lying to him. She apologized to Seon Ho on the following day and the pair reunited.
They went on an on-and-off relationship, in which it ended up in messy way as she claimed to the public that he forced her to get abortion around the end of July 2020.
The couple eventually parted ways in May 2021, which according to Choi Young Ah’s friends, was also because of her repeated lies to him.
According to various sources, Kim Seon Ho’s net worth is estimated to be anywhere between $1 million and $5 million. He earns his income primarily from working as a professional actor.
Accused of Forcing Her Ex-Girlfriend into Abortion
In October 2021, an internet user (later revealed to be Choi Young Ah) made a post on a Korean online forum, claimed to be the ex-girlfriend of “Actor K” whom had been forced into getting an abortion while their relationship’s going on.
Kim Seon Ho’s agency made an official statement later, apologizing for the issue. Multiple brands who have signed Seon Ho paused campaigns involving him.
He also announced stepping down from 2 Days & 1 Night variety show, in which he was a fixed cast member of the program, as well as his acting projects 2 O’Clock Date and Dog Days.
In the same day of the release of his agency’s statement, his ex-girlfriend made another statement that revealed about how he had personally apologized to her and there were misunderstandings between the former pair.
More than a week after her first post, a media outlet from South Korea released reports that challenging her accusations, including information from sources that allegedly were close with both sides.
According to the report, the decision to abort her pregnancy was actually agreed between both parties. It’s also reported that the reason they split a year later was outside of the issue.
A number of companies resumed ad campaigns featuring him after the reports and he’s announced to be retained as Sad Tropics cast member.
- Seon Ho doesn’t have any siblings.
- He loves the character Iron Man.
- He picks blue as favorite color.
- This actor loves eating tteokbokki and Jajangmyeon.
- He dislikes drinking alcohol.
- He gets nervous when using a lie detector.
- The handsome man is signed under Salt Entertainment since September 2018.
- He thinks the actress Lee You-Young is charming and cute.
- He first rode an airplane at 32 years old.
- Seon Ho likes to make nasty jokes, according to Lee You-Young.
- He has great interest in drawing, so much so that he is taking drawing lesson.
- He likes going to internet cafe to watch movies and read comics.
- This Taurus man doesn’t have any favorite genre or movie directors.
- He likes going to the cinema in his neighborhood so he can sit all by himself.
- He would watch other actors on Youtube while feeling stuck.
- This talented actor is someone who likes taking things slowly, but can quickly adapt to various situations.
- He prefers to listen to other casts rather than being the one in charge.
- He believes that man and woman can be friends without developing any romantic feelings.
- There is an official Instagram page dedicated to behind the scene stuff called @kimseonho_staff.diary.
- He has lots of fears about new stuffs, and can’t really see it in positive lights.
- He thinks that choosing to start acting is his most outrageous choice.
- On his first acting experience, he had to play a part-time worker at coffee shop.
- For his first ever college play, he invited his friends from middle and high school.
- He doesn’t manage his own social media accounts and only uses it when feels like it.
- He loves walking for at least 2 hours. The man from Seoul uses the time to think about stuffs.
- He likes traveling and hiking to Mount Bukhan.
- He still gets a bit star-struck when coming face to face with other actors.
- This star used to not care so much about his looks, but has put more effort into it.
- He gets goosebumps when people tell him that he is a celebrity.
- He wants to appear a bit cold-hearted.
- Seon Ho once collapsed while shooting, so he began working out and taking supplements.
- He only gets 2-3 hours of sleep while shooting drama.
- He has a hard time lying in interviews or broadcast.
- The celebrity often practices on taking selfies.
- He likes posting scenes more than his selfies.
- He is easy to get along with.
- The black haired man checks his phone before sleeping.
- When he was younger, he idolized admiral Yi Sun-sin.
- Seon Ho feels a bit old when dancing.
- He can cry while watching sad movies.
- The saddest movie that he’s ever watched is You Are My Destiny.
- The entertainer has searched his own name on the internet.
- If he got a wish, he would wish for him to be healthy and good at dancing.
- This Start-Up actor doesn’t laugh or cry while being with other people.
- He thinks he’s better at jokes than others.
- He would like to be a painter if he’s not an actor.
- The biggest lie he has ever told is “I like you”.
- He loves December best out of all the months.
- He likes holding hands and kissing to show affection.
- Seon Ho used to believe in Santa Claus until second grade of elementary school when he found his father dressing up as Santa.
- This celebrity often makes typing errors when texting because he’s got big thumbs.
- His ideal type is someone who laughs well even to lame jokes. He also likes someone who talks about trivial things in a fun way. He thinks that communication is important.
- Tyrant (TBA), as Choi Director
- The Childe (2023), as Gwigongja (Nobleman)
- Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha (tvN | 2021), as Hong Du-Sik
- Run On (JTBC | 2020-2021), as Kim Sang-Ho
- Start-Up (tvN | 2020), as Han Ji-Pyeong
- Find Me in Your Memory (MBC | 2020), as Seo Gwang-Jin
- Catch The Ghost (tvN | 2019), as Ko Ji-Seok
- Welcome to Waikiki 2 (JTBC | 2019), as Cha Woo-Sik
- Feel Good To Die (KBS2 | 2018), as interviewer
- 100 Days My Prince (tvN | 2018), as Jung Je-Yoon
- Your House Helper (KBS2 | 2018), as Yong-Joon
- Two Cops (MBC | 2017–2018), as Gong Soo-Chang
- Strongest Deliveryman (KBS2 | 2017), as Oh Jin-Gyu
- Good Manager (KBS2 | 2017), as Sun Sang-Tae
- MBC Gayo Daejejeon (MBC | 2020), as himself (host)
- 2 Days & 1 Night (KBS | 2019–2021), as himself (fixed cast)
- 2022 Seoul International Drama Awards – Outstanding Korean Actor – Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha
- 2022 OBS Hot Icon Awards – 2022 Hot Icon Award ‘Proven Trend’
- 2022 Asia Artist Awards – Best Choice Award (Actor)
- 2022 Asia Artist Awards – Asia Celebrity Award (Actor)
- 2022 Asia Artist Awards – DCM Popularity Award (Actor)
- 2022 Asia Artist Awards – Idol Plus Popularity Award (Actor)
- 2021 Seoul International Drama Awards – Character of the Year – Start-Up
- 2021 Brand Customer Loyalty Awards – Trend Icon (Actor)
- 2021 Brand Customer Loyalty Awards – Male Multitainer
- 2021 Asia Artist Awards – Best Emotive Award (Actor)
- 2021 Asia Artist Awards – RET Popularity Award (Actor)
- 2021 Asia Artist Awards – U+Idol Live Popularity Award (Actor)
- 2021 Korea Broadcasting Awards – Popularity Award (Entertainer) – 2 Days & 1 Night Season 4
- 2020 Asia Model Awards – Model Star Award
- 2020 KBS Entertainment Awards – Rookie Award – Show/Variety Category – 2 Days & 1 Night Season 4
- 2017 MBC Drama Awards – Excellence Award, Actor in a Monday-Tuesday Drama – Two Cops
- 2017 MBC Drama Awards – Best New Actor – Two Cops
- 2023 Interpark Golden Ticket Awards – Best Actor in a Play – Touching the Void
- 2021 Baeksang Arts Awards – Best Supporting Actor (Television) – Start-Up
- 2020 Asia Artist Awards – Popularity Award (Actor)
- 2017 KBS Drama Awards – Best New Actor – Strongest Deliveryman, Good Manager
- 2017 MBC Drama Awards – Best Comic Character – Two Cops
“If I am to compare it with a workout, stage acting is like doing squats. It allows you to go think of and learn the most important foundation of acting.”
“Honestly, when it comes to deciding on a project, the most important thing is the people; when I look at the director, the cast, and the staff who would be working on it, and have the thought, ‘I want to work with them’, I’d choose to join the project without thinking twice. I’d say okay at once.”
“Rather than being ‘the one’, I want to be ‘one among the others’.”
“As I keep on living, everything that I have encountered would somehow be incorporated into acting. If I am to become a good actor, I have to become a good person first.”
“As long as I can continue acting, I think I can be happy, no matter what I look like. As a person, maybe just a fun person; one that people want to be together with. Nothing serious or difficult, I hope to become a simple person in a good sense.”
“I don’t think I have the right to tell another person to just endure, but I personally let myself struggle to the fullest. I overcome it, and then enjoy [my job again] to that extent.”
“You can’t say ‘I don’t hurt, I won’t make it’. You can’t hide yourself away like that. You have to face your pains and shortcomings cool-headedly. […] Time will pass, and good days will come too. Because it’s not only the bad days that come.”
“I didn’t know how to form relationships or communicate effectively to others, but through acting, I learned how to navigate social settings.”
“I never had any thought of wanting to succeed or make lots of money. When I first started acting, my parents told me this. They said that since they were so poor, they were unable to dream, but that I should live my life while dreaming.”
Pics of Kim Seon Ho
1. Kim Seon Ho looks handsome in mint green
2. His side profile is amazing
3. He looks so relaxed
4. The warm blue sweater fits him well
5. He looking incredible in this close-up
Who is Kim Seon Ho?
He is a South Korean actor.
Who is Kim Seon Ho’s real name?
His real name is Kim Seon Ho (김선호).
What makes Kim Seon Ho famous?
He’s famous through his roles in drama series Start-Up (2020) and Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha (2021).
Where is Kim Seon Ho from?
He was born in Seoul, South Korea.
How old is Kim Seon Ho?
He was born in 1986, and he is 37 years old as of 2023.
When Kim Seon Ho celebrates his birthday?
He celebrates on the 8th of every May.
How tall is Kim Seon Ho?
His height is 6’0″ or 183 cm.
Who are Kim Seon Ho’s parents?
He did not reveal the names of his father and mother.
Is Kim Seon Ho married?
He is not married. Furthermore, there is no information on whether he is in a relationship or not.
Who is Kim Seon Ho’s ex-girlfriend?
His ex-girlfriend is Choi Young Ah.
How rich is Kim Seon Ho?
His net worth is around $1 million to $5 million.
What is Kim Seon Ho nationality?
His nationality is South Korean.
Kim Seon Ho’s story is truly inspirational. He is able to turn his trauma into a love of acting. His next series or films are surely going to be even bigger and more exciting.