Lady Gaga is an American singer, songwriter, and actress. She is recognized for her incredible versatility and creative inventions in the entertainment industry, as well as one of the top-selling musicians.
Her career breakthrough happened in 2008 as she debuted with The Fame studio album. Since then, she has released numerous chart-topping single hits, including Poker Face, Alejandro, Bad Romance, and Telephone.
Furthermore, she also branches her career into acting, having appeared in a number of projects such as American Horror Story: Hotel (2015–2016), A Star Is Born (2018), and House of Gucci (2021).
- 1 Career
- 2 Profile
- 3 Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- 4 Family
- 5 Boyfriend & Dating History
- 6 Net Worth
- 7 Controversies
- 8 Facts
- 9 Movies
- 10 TV Series
- 11 TV Shows
- 12 Quotes
- 13 Pics of Lady Gaga
- 14 FAQs
- 14.1 Who is Lady Gaga?
- 14.2 Who is Lady Gaga’s real name?
- 14.3 What makes Lady Gaga famous?
- 14.4 Where is Lady Gaga from?
- 14.5 How old is Lady Gaga?
- 14.6 When Lady Gaga celebrates her birthday?
- 14.7 How tall is Lady Gaga?
- 14.8 Who are Lady Gaga’s parents?
- 14.9 Is Lady Gaga married?
- 14.10 Who is Lady Gaga’s ex-boyfriend?
- 14.11 How rich is Lady Gaga?
- 14.12 What is Lady Gaga nationality?
Lady Gaga began her career when she recorded songs and formed a band named SGband. The band performed around New York.
She then worked together with producer Rob Fusari and promoted her career.
After that, Gaga signed a deal with Sony/ATV to write songs for famous singers including Britney Spears and New Kids on the Block.
Her quantum leap was in 2008 when Gaga released her debut album titled The Fame. The single Poker Face became the best-selling single around the world in 2009, which was sold 9.8 million copies.
This album led her win Best Dance/Electronica Album from Grammy Awards in 2010.
Then, she launched Born This Way, the main single from her album with the same title.
This song was sold over 1 million copies in five days, which earned Guinness World Records as the fastest single that was sold on iTunes.
Not only in the music industry, but Gaga also become prominent in the film industry.
In 2015, she got the Best Actress in a Miniseries or Television Film from Golden Globe Awards for her role in American Horror Story.
Then, in 2018, she filmed A Star Is Born. For this movie, she got Best Actress from Critics’ Choice Awards and nominations from other awards including Golden Globe Award and Academy Award.
- Full name: Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta
- Stage name: Lady Gaga
- Nickname: Mother Monster, Gaga, Germ, Fame Monster
- Birthday: March 28, 1986
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Catholic
- Profession: Singer, Songwriter, Actress
- Education: New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts
- Hobbies: Playing piano and designing clothes
- Facebook: @ladygaga
- Twitter: @ladygaga
- Instagram: @ladygaga
- YouTube: Lady Gaga Official
- TikTok: @ladygaga
Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- Height: 155 cm (5’1″)
- Weight: 53 Kg (117 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Brown
- Eye Color: Hazel
- Body Measurements: 36-25-37 (Bust -36, Waist -25, and Hips -37 inches)
- Shoe Size: 6 (US)
- Dress Size: 6 (US)
- Father: Joseph Germanotta
- Mother: Cynthia Germanotta
- Brother: –
- Sister: Natali Germanotta
Boyfriend & Dating History
Her romance with Lüc, who’s a musician and bartender, began in 2005 after they met in NYC. The couple went on an on-and-off relationship for five years as her career began to ascend.
According to her interview with Rolling Stone in 2009, she had “really never loved anyone” like she loved him and claimed that the relationship “shaped” her.
In 2010, they used to reunited for a short period before eventually separated again in the same year.
It is not known why they chose to part ways both times.
Lady Gaga began dating Matthew, who’s a fashion designer and the creative team director of Haus of Gaga in 2008 to 2010 and the current creative director of Givenchy, in 2009.
As cited from her 2010 interview with The Evening Standard, they were “crazy lovers” and has “a strong creative connection”.
They reportedly separated due to their decision to focus on their professional relationship as creative partnership.
She met Taylor, who’s an actor and singer, in 2011 on the filming set of her You and I music video, in which he served as her on-screen love interest.
The couple were seen together in 2011, but kept their romance quite lowkey until at least 2013 when she opened up about him being her “lover” and “best friend” on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. Since then, the couple have attended multiple public events together.
He proposed to her in 2015 on Valentine’s Day on her family’s restaurant in New York City. She was spotted with her engagement ring as she walked on the 88th Academy Award’s red carpet together with him.
She announced that they had broke off the engagement in July 2016 after months of separation rumors. According to a source to the media, it’s because the couple “aren’t in the same state” as she worked on her album and him on his show.
She also launched a statement about their breakup, citing that they “have been taking a break” but still “really love each other,” suggesting that they parted ways on good terms.
She was seen for the first time with Christian, who’s a talent agent, in early 2017 during Kings og Leon’s concert. The pair were captured before the Super Bowl half-time show that year, where she performed.
In November, speculations surfaced that the pair had gotten engaged. She also referred to him as her “fiancé” in a gala event, which strongly indicated that the rumors were true.
In the following months until early 2019, the couple attended various public events together. They were seen together at the 2019 Screen Actors Guild Awards.
An alleged insider told the media that they had called their engagement off in February that year, citing that it “just didn’t work out” and that there was “no long dramatic story.”
She was seen sharing kisses with Daniel, who worked as her monitor engineer, while they enjoying a date in a California restaurant in July 2019.
That being said, it appeared to be a short-lived romance as she referred to herself as “a single lady”, confirming their breakup via a Story post on her Instagram page.
Dating rumors between Lady Gaga and Michael, who’s a businessman, started when they were seen smooching at a Las Vegas 2020 New Year’s Eve event.
Just a couple of weeks later, their officially announced their relationship via her Instagram page.
She referred to Michael as “the love of my live” in a Morning Joe online interview in April that year.
The couple rarely made public appearance together, but they attended the inauguration event of President Joe Biden on early 2021. Later, they were also seen together at the 27th Critics Choice Awards.
Their relationship seemed to be going on strong.
According to a number of online sources, her net worth is estimated to be anywhere between $320 million and $330 million.
She appeared to have collected her wealth through her successful career in the entertainment industry as a singer, songwriter, and actress.
Her annual income is around $30 to $40 million, which came from different endeavors, but mainly touring and residency.
Lady Gaga is often deemed as one of the best-selling musician in the world, with an estimated sold records of 170 million. She’s also the only female artist who has sold minimum 10 million copies around the world for four singles.
Her album sales, tours, and brand endorsements earned her over $80 million in 2012 alone.
Her Joanne World Tour made a gross earnings of $95 million despite having 10 shows cancelled. Her Chromatica Ball Stadium tour (2022), sold 834 thousand tickets and earned more than $112 million of gross earnings.
She resides on a Pacific Ocean-facing house in Malibu that she purchased for $22.5 million in 2014. The house reportedly features 5 bedrooms and 12 bathrooms.
She purchased a house located in LA, which formerly owned by Frank Zappa, in 2006. She sold the house to Lizzy Jagger, who’s the daughter of Mick Jagger, in 2021 for $6.5 million.
She also owned a penthouse in NYC that’s rented for $67 thousand per month.
Banned by the China’s Goverment for “Being Vulgar”
The Ministry of Culture of the People’s Republic of China banned her for allegedly “being vulgar” in 2011.
They removed the ban in 2014, but her Artpop was forbidden to be sold legally in the country for featuring a picture of her nearly naked body on the cover.
She was banned once again by the country’s government in 2016 due to conversing with the Daily Lama publicly. In effects, her songs were ordered to be not distributed and her image was censored in various media.
- Her trademarks are various colored wigs and controversial outfits.
- Madonna and Michael Jackson are some of her musical influences.
- Freddie Mercury also plays important role in her career. Her stage name was derived from his song titled Radio Ga-Ga.
- She is one of Stefani’s close friends.
- She learned to play piano when she was 4 years old.
- She was Paris Hilton’s classmates at Convent of the Sacred Heart.
- She enrolled in New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts but withdrew from there during the second semester.
- In 2010, FHM listed her as one of the 100 Sexiest Women.
- The 911 singer wore a raw beef dress to MTV Video Music Awards in 2010.
- She and her mother released a non-profit organization named Born This Way Foundation in 2011.
- In the same year, she raised 1,5 million USD for the Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami in Japan.
- Time magazine placed Mother Monster as one of the All-Time 100 Fashion Icons in 2012.
- In 2013, she committed to quit smoking marijuana and drinking due to a hip injury.
- From 2010 to 2014, Forbes listed her in the Celebrity 100 list.
- She had a discussion about kindness with the Dalai Lama in 2016.
- Gaga had a diagnosis of fibromyalgia in 2017.
- In 2019, Gaga was ranked #10 as Top-Earning Musicians of the Decade in Forbes 2019.
- During the coronavirus pandemic, she joined a benefit concert called One World: Together at Home and raised 127 million USD.
- Her ideal type is…
- Joker: Folie à Deux (2024), as Harley Quinn
- House of Gucci (2021), as Patrizia Reggiani
- A Star Is Born (2018), as Ally Maine
- Gaga: Five Foot Two (2017), as herself
- Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (2014), as Bertha
- Muppets Most Wanted (2014), as herself
- Machete Kills (2013), as La Chameleón
- Friends: The Reunion (HBO Max ⏐ 2021), as herself (cameo)
- American Horror Story: Roanoke (FX ⏐ 2016), as Scáthach
- American Horror Story: Hotel (FX ⏐ 2015–2016), as Elizabeth Johnson / The Countess
- Gossip Girl (The CW ⏐ 2009), as herself (cameo)
- The Sopranos (HBO ⏐ 2001), as herself
- The Lady and the Legend (Paramount+ ⏐ TBA), as herself
- MTV Unplugged Presents: Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga (MTV ⏐ 2021), as herself
- One Last Time: An Evening with Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga (CBS ⏐ 2021), as herself
- The Me You Can’t See (Apple TV+ ⏐ 2021), as herself
- One World: Together at Home (NBC, CBS, ABC ⏐ 2020), as herself
- The Defiant Ones (HBO ⏐ 2017), as herself
- RuPaul’s Drag Race (VH1 ⏐ 2017), as herself (guest judge)
- Super Bowl LI halftime show (FOX ⏐ 2017), as herself (headliner)
- Tony Bennett Celebrates 90: The Best Is Yet to Come (NBC ⏐ 2016), as herself
- The Late Late Show with James Corden (CBS ⏐ 2016), as herself
- Saturday Night Live (NBC ⏐ 2016), as herself (musical guest)
- Variety Studio: Actors on Actors (PBS ⏐ 2016), as herself
- Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga: Cheek to Cheek Live! (PBS ⏐ 2014), as herself
- Lady Gaga and the Muppets Holiday Spectacular (ABC ⏐ 2013), as herself
- Saturday Night Live (NBC ⏐ 2013), as herself (host / musical guest)
- Who the F–k is Arthur Fogel? (ePix ⏐ 2013), as herself
- Opening Act (E! ⏐ 2012), as herself
- The Simpsons (FOX ⏐ 2012), as herself (voice)
- Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin Eve (ABC ⏐ 2011), as herself
- A Very Gaga Thanksgiving (ABC ⏐ 2011), as herself
- So You Think You Can Dance (FOX ⏐ 2011), as herself (guest judge)
- Lady Gaga: Inside the Outside (MTV ⏐ 2011), as herself
- Saturday Night Live (NBC ⏐ 2011), as musical guest
- American Idol (FOX ⏐ 2011), as herself (mentor)
- Lady Gaga Presents the Monster Ball Tour: At Madison Square Garden (HBO ⏐ 2011), as herself
- Double Exposure (Bravo ⏐ 2010), as herself
- Saturday Night Live (NBC ⏐ 2009), as herself (musical guest)
- Boiling Points (MTV ⏐ 2005), as herself
“I’m half living my life between reality and fantasy at all times.”
“I’ve been searching for ways to heal myself, and I’ve found that kindness is the best way.”
“The Internet is a toilet. It is.”
“Music is one of the most powerful things the world has to offer. No matter what race or religion or nationality or sexual orientation or gender that you are, it has the power to unite us.”
“I allow myself to fail. I allow myself to break. I’m not afraid of my flaws.”
“I am my own sanctuary and I can be reborn as many times as I choose throughout my life.”
“‘Born this Way’ is about being yourself, and loving who you are and being proud. Lady Gaga It was my delusion and naivety that brought me here.”
“I feel like if you’re a really good human being, you can try to find something beautiful in every single person, no matter what.”
“I think tolerance and acceptance and love is something that feeds every community.”
“I don’t think I could think of a single thing that’s more isolating than being famous.”
“I’m confident in who I am. I’ve come to a place in my life where I’ve accepted things that are me, as opposed to feeling pressure to explain myself to people around me. That’s just the way I’ve always tried to be. It didn’t change when I became a star.”
“I feel that my fans have cultivated my talent and they continue to nurture me.”
“I live halfway between reality and theater at all times. And I was born this way.”
“We are not actually equal – humanity – if we are not allowed to freely love one another. Lady Gaga There really is no difference between the bully and the victim.”
“When I say to you, there is nobody like me, and there never was, that is a statement I want every woman to feel and make about themselves.”
“I am an artist, and I have the ability and the free will to choose the way the world will envision me.”
Pics of Lady Gaga
1. She wears makeup from her own brand, Haus Laboratories
2. A sexy look from Lady Gaga!
3. Her selfie is stunning even with simple makeup
4. Her appearance in VMAs is amazing
5. The purple dress is splendid!
Who is Lady Gaga?
She is an American singer, songwriter, and actress.
Who is Lady Gaga’s real name?
Her real name is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta.
What makes Lady Gaga famous?
She’s famous because of her debut with The Fame studio album in 2018, followed by the releases of numerous chart-topping single hits, including Poker Face, Alejandro, Bad Romance, and Telephone.
Where is Lady Gaga from?
She was born in New York City, New York, United States.
How old is Lady Gaga?
She was born in 1986, and she is 37 years old as of 2023.
When Lady Gaga celebrates her birthday?
She celebrates on the 28th of every March.
How tall is Lady Gaga?
Her height is 5’1″ or 155 cm.
Who are Lady Gaga’s parents?
Her father’s name is Joseph Germanotta and her mother’s name is Cynthia Germanotta.
Is Lady Gaga married?
No, she is currently unmarried. But she is in a relationship with Michael Polansky.
Who is Lady Gaga’s ex-boyfriend?
Her ex-boyfriends are Lüc Carl, Matthew Williams, Taylor Kinney, Christian Carino, and Daniel Horton.
How rich is Lady Gaga?
Her net worth is around $320 million to $330 million.
What is Lady Gaga nationality?
Her nationality is American.
Lady Gaga often displays controversial outfits throughout her career, yet her acting and singing talent are also phenomenal!