Lady Gaga began her career when she recorded songs and formed a band named SGband. The band performed around New York.
She then worked together with producer Rob Fusari and promoted her career.
After that, Gaga signed a deal with Sony/ATV to write songs for famous singers including Britney Spears and New Kids on the Block.
Her quantum leap was in 2008 when Gaga released her debut album titled The Fame. The single Poker Face became the best-selling single around the world in 2009, which was sold 9.8 million copies.
This album led her win Best Dance/Electronica Album from Grammy Awards in 2010.
Then, she launched Born This Way, the main single from her album with the same title.
This song was sold over 1 million copies in five days, which earned Guinness World Records as the fastest single that was sold on iTunes.
Not only in the music industry, but Gaga also become prominent in the film industry.
In 2015, she got the Best Actress in a Miniseries or Television Film from Golden Globe Awards for her role in American Horror Story.
Then, in 2018, she filmed A Star Is Born. For this movie, she got Best Actress from Critics’ Choice Awards and nominations from other awards including Golden Globe Award and Academy Award.
- Full name: Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta
- Stage name: Lady Gaga
- Nickname: Mother Monster, Gaga, Germ, Fame Monster
- Born: March 28, 1986 in Manhattan, New York, USA
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Catholic
- Profession: Singer, songwriter, actress
- Education: New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts
- Hobbies: Playing piano and designing clothes
- Parents: Joseph Germanotta (Father) and Cynthia Germanotta (Mother)
- Sibling: Natali Germanotta
- Boyfriend: Michael Polansky
- Instagram: @ladygaga
- Twitter: @ladygaga
- YouTube: Lady Gaga
- Facebook: @ladygaga
- TikTok: @ladygaga
- Her trademarks are various colored wigs and controversial outfits.
- Madonna and Michael Jackson are some of her musical influences.
- Freddie Mercury also plays important role in her career. Her stage name was derived from his song titled Radio Ga-Ga.
- She is one of Stefani’s close friends.
- She learned to play piano when she was 4 years old.
- She was Paris Hilton’s classmates at Convent of the Sacred Heart.
- She enrolled in New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts but withdrew from there during the second semester.
- In 2010, FHM listed her as one of the 100 Sexiest Women.
- The 911 singer wore a raw beef dress to MTV Video Music Awards in 2010.
- She and her mother released a non-profit organization named Born This Way Foundation in 2011.
- In the same year, she raised 1,5 million USD for the Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami in Japan.
- Time magazine placed Mother Monster as one of the All-Time 100 Fashion Icons in 2012.
- In 2013, she committed to quit smoking marijuana and drinking due to a hip injury.
- From 2010 to 2014, Forbes listed her in the Celebrity 100 list.
- She had a discussion about kindness with the Dalai Lama in 2016.
- Gaga had a diagnosis of fibromyalgia in 2017.
- In 2019, Gaga was ranked #10 as Top-Earning Musicians of the Decade in Forbes 2019.
- During the coronavirus pandemic, she joined a benefit concert called One World: Together at Home and raised 127 million USD.
1. She wears makeup from her own brand, Haus Laboratories
2. A sexy look from Lady Gaga!
3. Her selfie is stunning even with simple makeup
4. Her appearance in VMAs is amazing
5. The purple dress is splendid!
Lady Gaga often displays controversial outfits throughout her career, yet her acting and singing talent are also phenomenal!