Leighton Meester started her entertainment career in her 11-years-old when she began working as a model with Wilhelmina Models, a modeling agency.
Later, this Aries actress successfully booked a campaign shoot for Ralph Lauren, a campaign shot by Bruce Weber.
She then became a model for Limited Too with the popular Hollywood actress, Amanda Seyfried.
In 1999, she debuted as an actress as Alyssa Turner for the NBC series, Law & Order, followed by her movie debut for Hangman’s Curse (2003).
Leighton got some recognition after appearing in Tarzan (2003), Entourage (2004), and Veronica Mars (2005).
In 2006, she then came back to the movies, Flourish and Inside, and also made a guest star appearance for the series Numbers and House.
She got her career breakthrough after portraying Blair Waldorf in the legendary socialite series, Gossip Girl, which started in 2007.
Leighton debuted as a singer after releasing Good Girls Go Bad, a song owned by Cobra Starship, in 2009, which later peaked at the 7th position for the Billboard Hot 100.
She then continued her singing career by releasing Somebody to Love (2009) and Your Love’s a Drug (2010).
In 2011, Leighton got another popularity by becoming a villain in a horror-thriller movie, The Roommate, which gave her various awards and nominations.
After that, she appeared in Life Partners (2014), The Judge (2014), and also Unity (2015).
In 2017, she came back to TV by starring in Making History, a comedy series created by Fox Channel.
Later, Leighton made other comebacks for Single Parents (2018), The Orville (2019), and also How I Met Your Father (2022).
- Real Name: Leighton Marissa Meester
- Stage Name: Leighton Meester
- Nickname: Leighton
- Birthday: April 9, 1986
- Birthplace: Fort Worth, Texas, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Nationality: American
- Height: 165 cm (5’5″)
- Weight: 53 kg (117 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actress, Singer, Model
- Education: Beverly Hills High School
- Hobbies: Cooking, Surfing
- Parents: Douglas Meester (father), Constance Meester (mother)
- Siblings: Lex Meester (brother), Douglas Meester (brother)
- Husband: Adam Brody (Married 2014)
- Children: Arlo Day Brody
- Facebook: Leighton Meester Official
- Twitter: @itsmeleighton
- Instagram: @itsmeleighton
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
- Leighton’s father works as a real estate broker.
- Her mother is a writer.
- During her birth time, her parents were in federal prison because of a drug ring, so she was taken care of by her grandparents.
- Leighton said that despite her parents’ criminal past, it made her realize that she can’t judge anyone from their past because people always change.
- Leighton grew up in Marco Island, Florida.
- Her parents were divorced in 1992.
- She moved to New York City when she was 11 years old with her mother and siblings.
- She graduated a year earlier than normal after high school in a small private school.
- Leighton is very active in charity.
- She once became a spokesperson for a campaign of Sunsilk, Life Can’t Wait, in 2008 to motivate women to pursue their own dreams.
- She once volunteered with Feeding America, a non-profit organization, started in 2017.
- Leighton once got enlisted for the 100 Most Beautiful in 2008 by People’s magazine.
- She also got the 48th rank for Maxim Magazine’s Hot 100 of 2008.
- Leighton met her husband, Adam Brody, while she was filming The Oranges in 2010.
- She married her husband in a private ceremony.
- Leighton and her mother once filed lawsuits against each other for her financial support of her brother in 2011.
- Her ideal type is…
- Her net worth is around $16 million.
- The Weekend Away (2022), as Beth
- Semper Fi (2019), as Clara
- The North Winds Gift (2018), as the mother (short movie)
- Unity (2015), as narrator (voice)
- By the Gun (2014), as Ali Matazano
- Like Sunday, Like Rain (2014), as Eleanor Logan
- The Judge (2014), as Carla Powell
- Life Partners (2014), as Sasha Weiss
- That’s My Boy (2012), as Jamie Martin
- The Oranges (2011), as Nina Ostroff
- Monte Carlo (2011), as Meg Kelly
- The Roommate (2011), as Rebecca Evans
- Country Strong (2010), as Chiles Stanton
- Going the Distance (2010), as Amy
- Date Night (2010), as Katy
- Killer Movie (2008), as Jaynie Hansen
- Remember the Daze (2007), as Tori
- Drive-Thru (2007), as Mackenzie Carpenter
- Inside (2006), as Josie
- Flourish (2006), as Lucy Covner
- Hangman’s Curse (2003), as Elisha Springfield
- The Jackalope (2003), as Lorraine
- Zoolander: Super Model (Netflix | 2016), as herself
- The Haunting of Sorority Row (Global | 2007), as Samantha “Sam” Willows
- How I Met Your Father (Hulu | 2022), as Meredith
- The Orville (Fox | 2019), as Laura Huggins
- Single Parents (ABC | 2018-2020), as Angie D’Amato
- The Last Man on Earth (Fox | 2018), as Zoe
- Making History (Fox | 2017), as Deborah Revere
- Gossip Girl (The CW | 2007-2012), as Blair Waldorf
- Shark (CBS | 2007), as Megan
- CSI: Miami (CBS | 2007), as Heather Crowley
- Secrets of a Small Town (2006), as Kayla Rhodes / Kelly Rhodes
- House (Fox | 2006), as Ali Johnson
- Numbers (CBS | 2006), as Karen Camden
- Monster Allergy (Rai 2 | 2006), as Poppy (voice)
- Surface (NBC | 2005-2006), as Savannah Barnett
- 8 Simple Rules (ABC | 2005), as Nikki Alcott
- Veronica Mars (UPN | 2005), as Carrie Bishop
- 24 (Fox | 2005), as Debbie Pendleton
- Entourage (HBO | 2004-2008), as Justine Chapin
- North Shore (Fox | 2004), as Veronica Farrell
- 7th Heaven (The WB | 2004), as Kendall
- Crossing Jordan (NBC | 2004), as Marie Strand
- The Big Wide World of Carl Laemke (2003), as Tanni Laemke
- Tarzan (The WB | 2003), as Nicki Porter
- Hollywood Division (2003), as Michelle Nichols
- Family Affair (CBS | 2002), as Irene
- Once and Again (ABC | 2002), as Amanda
- Boston Public (Fox | 2001), as Sarah Breen
- Law & Order (NBC | 1999), as Alyssa Turner
- Heartstrings (2014)
- Your Love’s a Drug (2011)
- Somebody To Love (2009) – ft. Robin Thicke
- The City (MTV | 2010), as herself
Music Video Appearances
- Addicted to Love (2012) – Nomads ft. Vanessa Curry
- Good Girls Go Bad (2009) – Cobra Starship ft. Leighton Meester
- Hollywood Film Awards 2010 – Spotlight Award – Country Strong
- Teen Choice Awards 2010 – Choice TV Actress: Drama – Gossip Girl
- Teen Choice Awards 2009 – Choice TV Actress: Drama – Gossip Girl
- Broadway.com Audience Awards 2014 – Favorite Featured Actress in a Play – Of Mice and Men
- Teen Choice Awards 2012 – Choice TV Actress: Drama – Gossip Girl
- Teen Choice Awards 2012 – Choice Summer Movie Star: Female – That’s My Boy
- Teen Choice Awards 2011 – Choice Movie: Villain – The Roommate
- Teen Choice Awards 2011 – Choice Movie Actress: Drama – Country Strong
- MTV Movie Awards 2011 – Best Villain – The Roommate
- MTV Video Music Awards 2009 – Best Pop Video – Good Girls Go Bad
- Teen Choice Awards 2008 – Choice TV Breakout Star: Female – Gossip Girl
- Teen Choice Awards 2008 – Choice TV Actress: Drama – Gossip Girl
Leighton Meester already got her experience in acting for more than 20 years, so no wonder that she is so iconic. Good job, Leighton!