Leroy Sane began his journey in football early when he was 5 at the local club SG Wattenscheid 09. When he was 8, he left SG Wattenscheid for Schalke youth academy.
When he joined Schalke, he also spent three years playing junior football with Bayer Leverkusen and in 2011, he came back to Schalke youth Academy.
Three years after he came back to Schalke, in 2014 he signed his professional contract with Schalke 04 and made his debut a year later against VfB Stuttgart.
His outstanding performance in Schalke 04 got him transferred to Manchester City. He signed with Manchester City in 2016 and makes his debut in a match against Manchester United.
With Manchester City, he gained Premier League title. In 2020, he signed a five year contract with Bayer Munich and makes his debut for Bayer Munich against his former club, Schalke 04.
He also lent his outstanding performance to German squad. He got called on to represent German senior team in 2015 in a friendly match against France.
He was also selected to represent Germany at the UEFA Euro 2016 but omitted from Germany’s team from the squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in favor of a young player.
- Real Name: Leroy Aziz Sane
- Stage Name: Leroy Sane
- Also Known As: –
- Nickname: –
- Birthday: January 11, 1996
- Birthplace: Essen, Germany
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Nationality: German
- Height: 183 cm (6’)
- Weight: 80 kg (176 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: –
- Profession: Professional Footballer
- Education: –
- Hobbies: –
- Position: Winger
Bayern Munich (2020 – );
Manchester City (2016 – 2020);
Schalke 04 (2014 – 2016)
- Parents: Souleyman Sane (Father), Regina Weber (Mother)
- Siblings: Sidi Sane (Brother), Kim Sane (Brother)
- Girlfriend: Candice Brook (2017 – )
- Facebook: –
- Instagram: @leroysane
- Tiktok: –
- Youtube: –
- His parents are both athletes. His father was a professional footballer in Nurnberg and SG Watternscheid, while his mother was a 1984 Olympic bronze medalist in gymnastics.
- Both of his brothers were footballers, the youngest one, Sidi Sane is in Schalke Academy.
- His favorite meal is penne carbonara and he likes to pour a bowl of cereal during breakfast.
- He is doing a set of workouts after finishing his bowl of cereal.
- His role models were Ronaldinho and Lionel Messi.
- He is the most expensive German footballer with the record of transfers from Schalke to Manchester City on a transfer fee of £42 million.
- From his relationship with Candice, he had a daughter named Rio Stella.
- The movie that he adored the most was Thor.
- He likes to drink coffee.
- His favorite flower was a rose.
- He is an easy going person and is a funny guy who often jokes with other people.
- He had crashed his cars several times. First when he was 18 years old and he crashed his Mercedes C-Class and not long after that, he crashed his Audi R8.
- He once showed up in a controversial outfit when turned up for national team duty. The outfit that he wore that day is estimated to be worth over €25,000.
- He is the middle child of three siblings.
- He’s been in a long term relationship with Candice Brook and never had any record with others woman.
- There’s no detailed information about his ideal type of woman.
- His net worth is around $22 million.
“You shouldn’t drink two litres of Coca Cola every day.”
“Criticism is normal in football.”
“I don’t have any problem with criticism. It’s an incentive to refine myself.”
“For me, it is important to get away from football, to calm down, relax, and have fun with family and friends.”
“It’s good to have some older friends: they have a lot more experience than us young ones.”
“I always enjoy myself.”
“If you don’t get challenged, then you can’t find out how good you are.”
“There is definitely a big difference from the Bundesliga to the Premier League: it is completely different, and that is why I think we need a bit of time in the beginning to get used to the league.”
“No player at the beginning of his career knows how good he can be.”
“I have inherited pace from my dad, and in terms of the physical side with the balance, I have inherited that from my mum.”
“There’s no pressure on me, really. I just want to play football.”
“My favourite meal is penne carbonara – that’s good for an athlete, right?”
“I try all the time to improve in the game, training all the time, and to help my team with assists or goals.”
Born from parents whose both are athletes, he began football as early, when Leroy Sane was 5 and advanced to it when he was 8.