Melissa Jefferson, known as Lizzo, is an American singer, songwriter, rapper, and TikTok star.
She got popular with the release of her debut album, Liozzobangers, in 2013. Aside from her music talent, her fame is boosted more by being active on social media platforms.
- 1 Career
- 2 Profile
- 3 Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- 4 Family
- 5 Boyfriend & Dating History
- 6 Net Worth
- 7 Net Worth
- 8 Facts
- 9 TV Series
- 10 Music Video Appearances
- 11 Awards
- 12 Nominations
- 13 Quotes
- 14 Pics of Lizzo
- 15 FAQs
- 15.1 Who is Lizzo?
- 15.2 Who is Lizzo’s real name?
- 15.3 What makes Lizzo famous?
- 15.4 Where is Lizzo from?
- 15.5 How old is Lizzo?
- 15.6 When Lizzo celebrates her birthday?
- 15.7 How tall is Lizzo?
- 15.8 Who are Lizzo’s parents?
- 15.9 Is Lizzo married?
- 15.10 Who is Lizzo’s ex-boyfriend?
- 15.11 How rich is Lizzo?
- 15.12 What is Lizzo nationality?
Lizzo has played the flute since she was a child and formed a group named Cornrow Clique.
After moving to Minneapolis, this singer performed with the group Lizzo & the Larva Ink. She also helped the Chalice, an R&B group, produce their songs.
She released a debut album named Lizzobangers and became successful in 2013. Time magazine even named her one of the music artists to listen to that year.
The next year, she collaborated with 3rdEyeGirl and Prince for their album called Plectrumelectrum.
In 2015, Lizzo launched her album titled Big Grrrl Small World. Her breakthrough was becoming MTV 2016’s host and released an EP called Coconut Oil.
The EP reached #44 at the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums. Her next album called Cuz I Love You ranked #6 on the Billboard 200.
Throughout Lizzo’s career, her profile has been featured in famous magazines, including Teen Vogue, Queerty, and Cool Accidents.
Also, she won many awards, including BET Awards, iHeartRadio Music Award, and Grammy Awards.
In addition, she makes her presence on her social media, such as TikTok and Instagram. In this case, she made entertaining content about her interest in the music industry.
- Full Name: Melissa Viviane Jefferson
- Stage Name: Lizzo
- Nickname: Lizzo
- Birthday: April 27, 1988
- Birthplace: Detroit, Michigan, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Nationality: American
- Religion: Pentecostal
- Profession: Singer, Songwriter, Rapper, TikTok Star
- Education: Alief Elsik High School
- Facebook: @LizzoMusic
- Twitter: @lizzo
- Instagram: @lizzobeeating
- TikTok: @lizzo
- YouTube: Lizzo Official
Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- Height: 178 cm (5’10″)
- Weight: 140 kg (308 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Body Measurements: 45-36-47 (Bust -45, Waist -36, and Hips -47 in inches)
- Shoe Size: 11 (US)
- Dress Size: 24 (US)
- Father: –
- Mother: Shari Johnson-Jefferson
- Brother: –
- Sister: –
Boyfriend & Dating History
Lizzo has a special relationship with Myke, a musician, designer, comedian, and actor.
The relationship between the two began with friends and cooperated in the past. Many suspect their romance began in 2016 when they co-hosted MTV’s Wonderland.
However, Liz confirmed a dating relationship with someone new to this new one in April 2022. This big news comes after Myke and Liz were spotted at dinner together in L.A for Valentine’s Day.
Later in June, they made their red carpet debut by attending the official screening of the show Watch Out For The Big Grrrls.
Her net worth is estimated to be $40 million to $45 million. In this case, her singing career is the primary income of her wealth. Also, she got her money from other jobs, such as, a songwriter, rapper, and TikTok star.
Lizzo purchased a mansion located in the fenced community of Beverly Hills for $15 million in October 2022.
Criticized Over Her ‘Chris Brown’ Remark
In October 2020, Lizzo faced backlash after snippet of her openly complimenting Chris Brown circulated online. The criticism was because Chris Brown is a convicted domestic abuser.
Chris Brown has charged a number of times for his violent behavior, especially towards women. One of his most famous case was the 2009 assault towards her ex-girlfriend, Rihanna, in which he pleaded guilty to.
In the video that surfaced, Lizzo could be seen posing with him and then be heard referred to him as her “favorite person in the whole f**king world.”
- Her name was inspired by Jay-Z’s song named Izzo.
- She does not attach to certain gender or sexuality.
- The rapper is frequently considered as the image of self-confidence and body positivity.
- Her biggest musical influences are Beyoncé, Missy Elliott, and Lauryn Hill.
- Meanwhile, Diana Ross is her fashion reference.
- Lizzo cannot leave the house without chapstick.
- Her favorite fashion items in her closet are her lacy thongs and Batman underwear.
- Growing up, Lizzo had always attended the Church of God in Christ.
- The singer graduated from high school in 2006 and enrolled as a classical music major at the University of Houston.
- After her father passed away, the woman dropped out of university and moved to Minnesota in 2011.
- She described her collaboration with Prince as a fairy tale.
- The rapper Diddy was accused of fat-shaming Lizzo’s twerking.
- She sparked controversy after twerking at the Los Angeles Lakers game and she wore a dress revealing her thong.
- The woman was “engaged” to Chris Evans in June 2018, but it was only a joke on Twitter.
- In April 2019, she appeared on the Trevor Noah Show and was rumored to have a romantic relationship with him.
- Lizzo announced that she is vegan in June 2020.
- In January 2020, she stopped using Twitter, but eventually, her management is the one who manages the account.
- During the pandemic in 2020, Lizzo sent free lunches to health workers around the US.
- This rapper also performed in One World Together virtual concert.
- Her ideal type is…
- The Simpsons (FOX | 2023), as Happy Little Elf DollLizzo (voice)
- The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder (Disney+ | 2022), as Lizzo (voice)
- The Eric Andre Show (Adult Swim | 2012), as herself
Music Video Appearances
- Special (2023)
- 2 Be Loved (Am I Ready) (2022)
- About Damn Time (2022)
- Rumors – feat Cardi B (2021)
- Good as Hell – feat Ariana Grande (2020)
- Tempo – feat Missy Elliott (2019)
- Blame It on Your Love – Charli XCX feat. Lizzo (2019)
- Cuz I Love You (2019)
- Juice (2019)
- Truth Hurts (2017)
- Scuse Me (2017)
- 2023 Grammy Awards – Record of the Year
- 2022 Primetime Emmy Awards – Outstanding Competition Program
- 2021 iHeartRadio Music Awards – Best Cover Song
- 2020 iHeartRadio Music Awards – Song of the Year
- 2020 Grammy Awards – Best Pop Solo Performance
- 2020 BET Awards – Best Female R&B/Pop Artist
- 2023 iHeartRadio Music Awards – Artist of the Year
- 2023 iHeartRadio Music Awards – TikTok Bop of the Year
- 2023 Grammy Awards – Best Pop Vocal Album
- 2023 Grammy Awards – Song of the Year
- 2022 American Music Awards – Favorite Female Pop Artist
- 2022 Black Reel Awards for Television – Outstanding Guest Actress Comedy Series
- 2022 Gold Derby Awards – Reality Host
- 2020 Grammy Awards – Record of the Year
- 2019 American Music Awards – New Artist of the Year
- 2019 American Music Awards – Favorite Song Soul/R&B
“About 10 years ago, I made the decision that I just wanted to be happy with my body.”
“I feel like women who are smaller aren’t really given the opportunities to be body-positive or role models either because we’ve been conditioned to believe that women are using their bodies for the male gaze.”
“I think if I were slimmer, I don’t think people would look to me with the same type of like, oh, wow; she’s so brave; she’s doing this and representing everyone – that they would – you know I’m saying? – because I’m big.”
“10 years ago, I couldn’t find a bathing suit, and I couldn’t find bikinis for my body size. And I was being told every day that my face was great, but my body needs work. And I was being shamed in little ways that people didn’t even realize they were shaming me. It was so ingrained. And I started to shame myself and actually believed what they were saying to me.”
“I just wanted to be happy with who I am and that I would wake up every day in the same body, and it wasn’t going to change.”
“There’s days where I wake up and I’m like, oh, my God. You know, this isn’t me. But then I have to remind myself, this is you. It looks a little different, but it’s still you.”
“You have to find that love for yourself deep down inside, underneath all of that, you know, questioning and ickiness.”
“Music makes people feel things, and it made me feel things in church that I knew that I could bring to my music.”
“I want to use my music as a vessel to get you where you need to go to a positive place.”
“I have a deep understanding and a deep sensitivity to people who experience homelessness.”
“There are people who do not have a choice in their homelessness, and homelessness is something that plagues, like, so many hundreds of thousands and millions of people, specifically Americans, due to so many extenuating circumstances.”
“Houston, I think, is, like, the king and the queen of freestyle. Like, that’s the city that freestyle really found its swag. And I’m just lucky that I was a part of that while it was happening and also a classically trained flute player.”
“I didn’t start bringing the flute out in my rap career until – at least for my solo career – way later. And I think it was, like, something that I did – so for instance, my first tape ever, ‘Lizzobangers.'”
“I studied flute. I played it every night. I – when I was a senior in high school – or a junior, I started studying with the principal flutist of the Houston Opera, and she was also a professor at the University of Houston.”
“Now, being different makes you a star. And I think that I had to embrace those differences to become the person that I am, where – you know what I’m saying? – the star that I am. Or else I would have just been homogenized like everybody else.”
“I think when you’re in middle school and in high school, you want to be like everybody else. You want to amalgamize, and you want to be normal so badly. But I just couldn’t help being weird. I was so weird that people went out of their way to point it out for me. And now I’m so grateful for that.”
“I am my inspiration.”
“Thick thighs save lives.”
“I’m like chardonnay, get better over time.”
“I know I’m a queen but I don’t need no crown.”
“If I’m shinin’, everybody gonna shine. I was born like this, don’t even gotta try.”
“The space I’m occupying isn’t just for me. It’s for all the big black girls in the future who just want to be seen.”
Pics of Lizzo
1. This female singer wears a mint dress
2. Her orange hair matches the dress and background
3. Lizzo is watering the garden with style!
4. Lizzo wears a red dress
5. This rapper poses with one of her dolls
Who is Lizzo?
She is an American singer, songwriter, rapper, and TikTok star.
Who is Lizzo’s real name?
Her real name is Melissa Viviane Jefferson.
What makes Lizzo famous?
She’s famous because of her debut album, Liozzobangers, in 2013. Aside from her music talent, her fame is boosted more by being active on social media platforms.
Where is Lizzo from?
She was born in Detroit, Michigan, United States.
How old is Lizzo?
She was born in 1988, and she is 35 years old as of 2023.
When Lizzo celebrates her birthday?
She celebrates on the 27th of every April.
How tall is Lizzo?
Her height is 5’10” or 178 cm.
Who are Lizzo’s parents?
Her father’s name is unknown, but her mother’s name is Shari Johnson-Jefferson.
Is Lizzo married?
No, she is currently unmarried. But she is in a relationship with Myke Wright.
Who is Lizzo’s ex-boyfriend?
None of her ex-boyfriend is known to the public.
How rich is Lizzo?
Her net worth is around $40 million to $45 million.
What is Lizzo nationality?
Her nationality is American.
Lizzo has broken the stereotypes of women in the entertainment industry. She proudly shows herself and her identity.