Maia Mitchell started her acting career by appearing in school plays. She was soon discovered by an agency and cast in the children’s TV series Mortified in 2006.
The series was so popular that it aired for two seasons. She then appeared in the Australian TV series Trapped in 2008 and officially made her name known as an actress.
In 2012, she had her first acting job on the big screen with the movie Zombies and Cheerleader, which later opened a door of opportunities for her.
A year later, she starred in two movies, namely Teen Beach Movie, where she played McKenzie and After the Dark where she played Beatrice. Each one was released not long after the other.
She reprised the role of McKenzie in the sequel movies Teen Beach 2 in 2015, which was just as successful as the first movie.
Her big breakthrough came when she showed up in the family drama series The Fosters (2013). Her performance was commendable and widely praised by critics.
- Real Name: Maia Mitchell
- Stage Name: Maia Mitchell
- Also Known as: –
- Nickname: Maia
- Birthday: August 18, 1993
- Birthplace: Lismore, New South Wales, Australia
- Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Nationality: Australian
- Height: 168 cm (5’6”)
- Weight: 54 kg (119 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: Catholicism
- Professions: Actress, Singer
- Education: Trinity Catholic College Lismore
- Hobbies: Singing, playing the guitar
- Parents: Alex Mitchell (Father), Jill Micthell (Mother)
- Sibling: Charlie Mitchell (Brother)
- Boyfriends: Rudy Mancuso (2015 – 2022), Ramy Youssef (2012 – 2014)
- Facebook: Maia Mitchell Official
- Twitter: @maiamitchell
- Instagram: @maiamitchell
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
- Maia is trained in dancing.
- Her father, Alex Mitchell, is a taxi driver while her mother, Jill Mitchell, works in the education system.
- She can play the guitar.
- Maia often participated in school plays and local theater productions.
- She is good at singing and writing her own songs.
- When it comes to music, her mother is her source of inspiration.
- Her ex-boyfriend, Rudy Mancuso, is a web expert.
- Many fans said she looks like fellow actress Bailee Madison.
- Her favorite food is pizza.
- She likes wearing beanies, jeans, and sneakers when she is not up for a meeting.
- Maia is a fan of actor Ross Lynch and actress Cierra Ramirez.
- She wants to visit Canada.
- Maia is of English and Hungarian descent.
- She had to learn how to surf for her role in the Teen Beach Movie (2013).
- Maia is determined to keep her Australian accent intact.
- At home, she likes to dress down.
- Her ideal type is…
- Her net worth is around $3 million.
- No Way Out (2022), as Tessa and the executive producer
- Strobe (2019), as Fin
- The Last Summer (2019), as Phoebe
- Talk About It (2018), as Girl
- Racist Superman (2018), as Waitress
- Never Goin’ Back (2018), as Angela
- Hot Summer Nights (2017), as Amy
- Teen Beach 2 Party Pack (2015), as self
- Teen Beach 2 (2015), as McKenzie
- Teen Beach Movie (2013), as McKenzie
- After the Dark (2013), as Beatrice
- Zombies and Cheerleaders (2012), as Addison
- Mortified: Behind the Scenes (2007), as self
- Good Trouble (Freeform | 2019), as Callie Adams Foster and the executive producer
- Stories from Our Future (Netflix | 2019), as…
- The Lion Guard (Disney Channel | 2016), as Jasiri
- Whisker Haven Tales with the Palace Pets (Disney Junior | 2016), as Brook
- Teens Wanna Know (YouTube | 2015), as self
- The Fosters: Girls United (Freeform | 2014), as Callie Adams Foster
- Jake and the Never Land Pirates (Disney Channel | 2014), as Wendy Darling
- Disney 365 (Disney Channel | 2013), as self
- The Fosters (ABC Family | 2013), as Callie Adams Foster
- Jessie (Disney Channel | 2013), as Shaylee Michaels
- Castaway (Seven Network | 2011), as Natasha Hamilton
- K9 (Channel 5 | 2010), as Taphony
- Trapped (Seven Network | 2008), a sNatasha Hamilton
- Mortified (Nine Network | 2006), as Brittany Flune
- Celebrity Family Feud (ABC | 2021), as a guest
- Good Morning America (ABC | 2021), as a guest
- Teen Choice Awards 2019 (Fox | 2019), as the host
- BuzzFeed Celeb (YouTube | 2019), as a guest
- Made in Hollywood (Syndication | 2019), as a guest
- Late Night with Seth Meyers (NBC | 2019), as a guest
- The ALMAs (BBC Two | 2018), as a guest
- Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show (Syndication | 2018), as a guest
- 2017 Billboard Music Awards (NBC | 2017), as a guest
- Chopped Junior (Food Network | 2017), as the judge
- Teen Choice Awards 2016 (Fox | 2016), as the host
- Red Carpet Report (YouTube | 2015), as a guest
- IMDb on The Scene (YouTube | 2015), as a guest
- Teen Choice Awards 2015 (Fox | 2015), as the host
- Conan (NBC | 2015), as a guest
- The View (ABC | 2015), as a guest
- Live with Kelly and Ryan (ABC | 2014), as a guest
- Disney Channel’s This Is Who I Am (Disney Channel | 2013), as a guest
- Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade (Disney Channel | 2013), as a guest
- American Music Awards 2013 (ABC | 2013), as the host
- Teen Choice Awards 2013 (Fox | 2013), as the host
- Disney 365 (Disney Channel | 2013), as a guest
- Disney Channel’s Hanging with Adam and Naomi (Disney Channel | 2013), as a guest
- Phineas and Ferb (Disney Channel | 2013), as the host
- Radio Disney Music Awards (Disney Channel | 2013), as a guest
Music Video Appearances
- I Wish (2019) – Hayley Kiyoko
- Like Me (2013)
- Can’t Stop Singing (2013)
- 2019 Teen Choice Awards – Choice Drama TV Actress – Good Trouble
- 2019 Teen Choice Awards – Choice Summer Movie Actress – The Last Summer
- 2017 Teen Choice Awards – Choice Summer TV Star: Female – The Fosters
- 2016 Teen Choice Awards – Choice TV Actress: Drama – The Fosters
- 2015 Teen Choice Awards – Choice Summer TV Star: Female – Teen Beach 2
- 2015 Teen Choice Awards – Choice TV Actress: Drama – The Fosters
- 2014 Teen Choice Awards – Choice TV Actress: Drama – The Fosters
- 2013 Teen Choice Awards – Choice Summer TV Star: Female – The Fosters
“I’m trying hard to keep my Australian accent. My mom would disown me if I didn’t.”
“I personally want to come across as authentic and real. I don’t judge anyone.”
“I get on social media sometimes. I think it’s good to find a balance and to be able to put your phone down.”
“That’s how I am – I don’t like games, and I don’t beat around the bush.”
“I don’t want to be that girl hobbling around in heels, falling in snow.”
“If I’m in work mode and going to meetings, I’ll make an effort and dress up, but when I’m at home or just chilling, I’m in beanies and jeans and sneakers.”
“I’ve never been to acting classes or anything like that. Everything I do is quite instinctual.”
“My mum always encouraged me that less is more, make-up wise. I think that’s why I feel more confident when I have a fresh and natural face.”
“I love ’60s styles.”
“I play guitar, so that’s kind of my outlet, but its just something I want to keep for myself.”
“I’d love to start doing some films and really kind of pursue acting as much as possible. That’s really where my main focus is.”
Maia Mitchell has always been vocal about her love for acting ever since she was young. Besides that, she also has the talent to dabble in the music industry.