Juan Luis Londoño Arias, known as Maluma, developed his interest in music in his early teenage years. When he was in high school, this singer entered local singing competitions.
In 2010, he started recording singles. One of the singles Farandulera led him to sign a contract with Sony Music Colombia.
His first album Magia was released in 2012. The single in the album titled Miss Independent reached the top five songs on the Colombian National-Report songs chart.
His breakthrough was releasing a single with Eli Palacios named La Temperatura. It entered top rank on the Billboard charts.
He continued creating milestones in his career. In 2014, Maluma recorded a song for the 2014 FIFA World Cup called Olé Brazil with Elvis Crespo.
He also became one of the judges on The Voice Kid, along with Andrés Cepeda and Fanny Lu. In 2019, he performed with Madonna at the Billboard Music Awards.
Throughout his career, he won many prestigious awards, such as Billboard Latin Music Awards, Latin Grammy Award, and MTV Europe Music Awards.
- Full name: Juan Luis Londoño Arias
- Stage name: Maluma
- Nickname: Maluma Baby
- Born: January 28, 1994, Medellín, Colombia
- Zodiac sign: Aquarius
- Height: 1.77 m
- Nationality: Columbian
- Religion: Catholic
- Profession: Singer, songwriter
- Education: Hontanares School
- Hobbies: Singing, playing football
- Parents: Luis Londoño (Father), Marlli Arias (Mother)
- Sibling: Manuela
- Girlfriend: Susana Gómez
- Facebook: @MALUMAMUSIK
- Twitter: @maluma
- Instagram: @maluma
- TikTok: @malumaoficial
- YouTube: Maluma Official
- The name Maluma is the combination of his family members’ names.
- His close friends and family call him JL.
- Michael Jackson, Justin Timberlake, and Héctor Lavoe are his biggest musical influences.
- Gold is Maluma’s favorite color.
- This singer identifies himself as an old soul.
- When he’s in his country, he likes spending time with his family, friends, horses, and dogs.
- He loves eating sushi.
- His favorite fashion item is accessories.
- Kendall Jenner is Maluma’s celebrity crush.
- He would be a soccer player if he weren’t a singer.
- One of his tattoos is on March 25, 2018, when he performed at Madison Square Garden.
- He joined Equidad Sports Club and the teams Atletico Nacional in his middle school.
- He was trained to become a soccer player, but then he was injured.
- His uncle gave him a chance to record his song as his 15th birthday gift.
- In 2016, his song with other singers titled Cuatro Babys got controversy as the lyrics sound to objectify women.
- TC Candler named him as one of the most handsome faces in 2017 and 2018.
- He dated a Croatian-Cuban model Natalia Barulich, but the couple broke up in 2019.
- Maluma was assumed to date Susana Gómez in August 2020.
- At that time, the woman was still someone else’s wife.
- In 2020, Forbes magazine listed him in its 30 Under 30 – Music list.
- In January 2021, he announced via his Instagram that her girlfriend was pregnant.
Pics of Maluma
1. This singer wears a casual white shirt and jeans
2. He looks cool with the sunglasses
3. Let’s chill at home with Maluma
4. This singer seems like a snow prince
5. The pastel purple sweater is cute on him
Maluma is a talented singer that always makes high-quality songs. No wonder he gained a huge following from around the world.