When she was a kid, Natalie Portman focused her skills on dancing, including ballet and modern dance.
She attended American Theater Dance Workshop also the Usdan Center for the Creative and Performing Arts.
In 1992, she auditioned for Broadway Ruthless!. Then, she got the main role in Léon: The Professional in 1994.
Her first big-budget movie is the first film of the Star Wars series, Episode I – The Phantom Menace as Padmé Amidala.
This role gained global recognition. Then, she played a role in Anywhere but Here and received a nomination for Best Supporting Actress in the Golden Globe Awards.
She also came back to Broadway to joined The Seagull, a Chekhov’s drama. Then, she continued the Star Wars series on Episode II in 2002 and Episode III in the following year.
Between those projects, she played on Closer as a stripper. This role made her get the Best Supporting Actress from the Golden Globe Awards.
In 2008, she was pointed as a jury member at Cannes Film Festival and released her production company named handsomecharlie films.
Her critical performance is on Black Swan as Nina Sayers. She won Best Actress from reputable awards including the Critics’ Choice Movie Awards and BAFTA Award.
- Full name: Neta-Lee Hershlag
- Stage name: Natalie Portman
- Nickname: Nat
- Born: June 9, 1981, in Jerusalem
- Nationality: Israeli and American
- Religion: Jew
- Profession: Actress, filmmaker
- Education: Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- Hobbies: Dancing, reading, and ice skating
- Parents: Avner Hershlag (Father) and Shelley Stevens (Mother)
- Sibling: –
- Husband: Benjamin Millepied
- Instagram: @natalieportman
- Her trademarks are mole on her face, brown eyes, and smart!
- She is a big fan of Ben Kingsley.
- The Black Swan star has double citizenships in Israel and America.
- Portman is excellent in ballet, tap dancing, and jazz.
- Some of her close friends are Bryce Dallas, Mila Kunis, and Jake Gyllenhaal.
- She is known as Hollywood’s nerdy girl.
- Her IQ is 140 and she has published several papers in scientific journals.
- She said that she would be a doctor like her father when she gets older.
- At the age of 3, she moved to America.
- She was a member of The World Patrol Kids. It’s an environmental dance and song troupe.
- She was auditioned for Little Women in 1994 as young Amy March.
- In 1997, Natalie turned down a role in Lolita because it would expose her to young adult films with sex.
- She didn’t take part in the premiere of Star Wars: Episode I because she studied for her final exams in high school.
- In 2002, People magazine was listed as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world.
- In the same year, she also became of the hottest stars in Teen People magazine.
- She studied psychology at Harvard University for a bachelor’s degree and graduated in 2003.
- Then, she continued her education to a master’s degree at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- In 2005, Natalie shaved her head for her role on V for Vendetta.
- She met her husband in Black Swan when he choreographed the film.
- Then, they got married in 2012.
- On her 39th birthday, the star donated 100,000 USD to A New Way of Life charity.
- Her ideal type is…
- Her net worth is around $90 million.
Pics of Natalie Portman
1. She already looks pretty with her bare face
2. This pink pastel suits her overall appearance, right?
3. She is so gorgeous!
4. Yet, what do you think about this black dress with golden details?
5. Do you want chicken wings, anyone?
Natalie Portman shows us that being an actress doesn’t mean we have to sacrifice our education. She can be successful in both fields!