Born into a household that centers on their love for Barcelona, Pedri’s family’s love of football is like a fate. Pedri as a kid often has a conversation about football with his family especially his father. It is his father who introduced him to Michael Laudrup.
His childhood was also filled with playing football in the street. When he was 9, he gained his playing style and surpassing his peers tactics in playing football.
He then played for a local league, but felt frustrated because he didn’t get the opportunity to move to bigger academies.
When he was 13, he passed a trial in Juventus Laguna’s youth team which is a bigger academy in his homeland.
He improved his skills in the academy and his improvement led to him getting scouted by Las Palmas youth team.
He makes his professional debut with Las Palmas senior team in 2019 and became the youngest player in Las Palmas to score a goal.
While playing for Las Palmas, his name rose to fame and European clubs began to queue to sign him. He then choose Barcelona and transferred in 2020.
As a Spanish footballer, he also gets a chance to represent his nation. He gets called up to represent Spain in 2020 and makes his international debut the same year in U-21 squad.
In 2021, his senior international debut at the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualification against Greece.
- Real Name: Pedro González López
- Stage Name: Pedri
- Also Known As: –
- Nickname: Pedri
- Birthday: November 25, 2002
- Birthplace: Bajamar, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Nationality: Spanish
- Height: 180 cm (5’11”)
- Weight: 70 kg (154 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: –
- Profession: Professional Footballer
- Education: –
- Hobbies: Playing Basketball, Videogames
- Position: Centre Midfielder
Barcelona (2020 – )
Las Palmas (2019 – 2020)
- Parents: –
- Siblings: –
- Girlfriend: –
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: @Pedri
- Instagram: @Pedri
- Tiktok: –
- Youtube: –
- Pedri is quite discreet about his family so there’s no information regardless of his parents or sibling’s identity.
- The only information about his family is that they are football lovers and supporters of Barcelona.
- His grandfather is the one who founded Penya Barcelonista de Tenerife- Tegueste in his home and even has a dinner plate in Barca badge.
- His idol is Andrés Iniesta, but when he was a kid, his father show him videos of Michael Laundrup.
- He signed a contract with Barcelona in 2019 with a transfer fee of €5 million.
- His debut with Barcelona was in the 2020-21 season and he wore the jersey number 16 in a match against Villarreal.
- He is the youngest player to play for Spain in the finals of European Championships.
- He doesn’t have a driver’s license and once went viral for his humble lifestyle because he leaves training ground with a taxi.
- He is currently not dating anyone and is seemingly focusing only on his career.
- He has never been involved in any scandal or controversy since his debut on the pitch.
- His net worth is around $9.4 million.
“From day one he told me I had to work very hard because it is hard to stay at Barça. I’ve shown him that I am able to play here, and he has backed me by playing me in important games. I have to be grateful to him and keep working.”
“I was really happy to play in El Clasico. It’s a dream that you have as a kid since you see it on TV. I was lucky and I’m grateful to Koeman and my teammates for making it easy for me to play.”
“I’m enjoying it all, it’s a really nice sensation. You’re far from the people that love you, but I’m doing what I like, which is playing football.”
“When I came, I was a player who had been playing in the second division. I didn’t have as much experience and I came to acquire that as soon as possible, to try and stay here with effort and hard work.”
“It was quite special to see Messi in person, as it is with everyone. But as the days pass, he’s a normal guy and a friend in the dressing room. It’s great to play games, train and learn from the best player in the world.”
Born into a family who loves football has helped him pursue his dream since a kid to be a professional footballer.