Sadio Mané is a Senegalese professional football player. He gained his fame when he joined Liverpool and was listed at the 2019 Ballon d’Or.
Sadio Mané lived with his uncle since he was a kid because he had many siblings and his parents couldn’t afford to raise him.
Because his parents couldn’t afford to send him to school, he played football day and night.
When his country, Senegal got into the quarter-finals of the 2002 World Cup, it inspired him to become a footballer.
He started getting serious about football and even though at first his parents and his uncle couldn’t accept his dream, but seeing how serious he is, they do all they can to help him.
He went to his country’s capital, Dakar and went visiting the most popular football club in the town. But things didn’t go well at first because he got underestimated when he arrived for the test.
When he played for a local club, he scored 131 goals in 90 appearances in just two seasons. It got him to rise to fame.
When the French scouts asked him to take two season trials in a football academy Generation Foot, he got the changed of destiny and the scouts saw that he exceeded the expectations.
The scouts then took him to France to join French club. It happened when he was 15 and he started his career playing at Metz youth club.
He went to France in quiet and not told his family because his family was skeptical at first for his professional career.
He began playing for Metz’s senior side in 2012 and his performance shined in Metz and gained him a transfer to Red Bull Salzburg.
He scored 42 goals in 80 appearances and makes his transfer to Premier League Southampton. His mother was happy when she heard that he was moving to Southampton.
He made his debut at Southampton in 2014 in League Cup and won a penalty for Southampton. He ended his contract at Southampton in 2016 and became the top scorer.
In 2016, he made a transfer to Liverpool on a five year contract and made his debut in a match with Arsenal.
He outshined in Liverpool and even listed at the 2019 Ballon d’Or. He scored more than 100 goals in his years at Liverpool.
In his years at Liverpool, he helped his team go to the final of Champions League and in 2022 he transferred to Bayern Munich.
He was taking part to represent Senegal at the 2012 Olympic tournament and once again represent Senegal at the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations.
Sadio Mané was also named as the Senegal squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup that was held in Russia and scoring a 2-2 and World Cup opening against Japan.
- Real Name: Sadio Mané
- Stage Name: Sadio Mané
- Also Known As: –
- Nickname: –
- Birthday: April 10, 1992
- Birthplace: Bambali, Sédhiou, Senegal
- Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Nationality: Senegalese
- Religion: Moslem
- Profession: Professional Football Player
- Education: –
- Hobbies: Playing Video Games, Listening Music
- Position: Forward
Al Nassr (2023–)
Bayern Munich (2022–2023)
Red Bull Salzburg (2012–2014)
Metz B (2011)
- Facebook: –
- Instagram: @sadiomaneofficiel
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
Height, Weight, Physical Appearance
- Height: 175 cm (5’9”)
- Weight: 69 kg (152 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Black
- Body Measurements: 40-29-14 (Bust -40, Waist -29, and Arms -14 in inches)
- Shoe Size: 10.5 (US)
- Father: –
- Mother: Satou Toure
- Brother: Malick Mané
- Sister: –
Girlfriend & Dating History
It was rumored that Sadio Mané was dating Melissa Reddy, a South African journalist and author. Since the relationship was a rumor, there’s no evidence of them being spotted together or details on how their relationship between them began.
Sadio Mané’s net worth is around $20 million to $25 million. His main incomes came from his salary as a football player.
Sadio Mane’s name has caught people’s attention since he transferred to Liverpool. From his contract at Liverpool, he got paid £200,000 per week with an annual salary of £10,400,000.
Sadio Mané signs a contract with Bayern Munich in 2022. His contract got him paid £306,000 per week with an annual salary of £15,912,000.
He reportedly earns £650,000 a week of salary under his contract with Al Nassr. His estimated annual salary is £22 million.
Sadio donated £250 thousand in 2019, to help building a school in Bambali, his hometown. He donated £500 thousand to Bambali again to help building a hospital a couple of years later.
He donated £41 thousand to help his country, Senegal, to fight the Covid-19 pandemic in March 2020.
- Sadio Mané was from a poor family and his parents and his uncle should have sold his crops to send him into the local club in the capital city.
- When he first arrived to take the test at his local club, he got underestimated because his shoes were worn out and the man at the local club said that he didn’t even wear decent clothes for football.
- His father died when he was young. That’s become one of the reasons he lived with his uncle.
- When he was a kid, he couldn’t attend school because his parents couldn’t afford to send him to school.
- He ran away from home to Dakar, the city’s capital, when he was 16 because he wanted to pursue football. Because of that, his family realizes how much he wants to pursue football.
- He idolized El Hadji Diouf who is also from Senegal. It was the 2002 World Cup that made him idolize the Senegalian footballer.
- He was recorded as the fastest hat-trick in the Premier League in 2015, when he played for Southampton against Aston Villa.
- There’s a movie dedicated to him title Made in Senegal, that’s based on his life and career.
- He is a philanthropist and regularly donates in charity to help the poor community and build schools and help people in Senegal.
- He was recorded as the most expensive African player with a transfer fee from Liverpool to Bayern Munich worth £28.8 million.
- As a footballer, he is following strict diet and only eats healthy food. He doesn’t know how to cook except then porridge and prepare healthy dishes everyday that contain fruits, nuts, or yogurt.
- He never told his family that he left for France and only told his mother later in 2011 and his mother was surprised but later feeling happy for him and calling him almost everyday.
- His mother was also the first person he was called upon when he got transferred to Liverpool.
- His house and his uncle’s house once were under attack when he missed a penalty at his country’s nation cup match.
- He is known as humble and self-effacing people, that’s why he can befriend many people.
- He once was in a rift with Southampton manager because of his frequent lateness and even missed a match and should be replaced in the last minutes. But since he joined Liverpool, his habits have changed.
- Because his father is unable to get medical assistance when he is in a critical condition, Sadio makes remedies by cutting the first hospital in Bambali and helping build a school in his hometown.
- His favorite actor was Leonardo di Caprio, while Angelina Ksyvickis is an actress that he liked.
- He’s been quite discreet about his personal life and there’s not much information about his relationship else than his girlfriend’s identity.
- He has been approached by many women during his bachelor day, but the one he wants to be married to should be a woman who has strong faith in God and isn’t addicted to social media.
“Whenever I play, I know I have the support to help me.”
“I think everything is possible.”
“If you want to be successful when you play, you have to be free in your mind, and that happens if you know that everything is taken care of – you just focus on the football.”
“All I can do is do my best: score goals, give assists, and do my best for my team.”
“You can’t say when you are 25 years old that you know everything. You don’t.”
“I was brought up correctly and in the right way, and my parents are very proud of the fact that I am a professional footballer.”
“A good thing for footballers is not to think too much, especially when you’ve got to move to a big team like Liverpool, because that’s when you start to confuse your mind.”
“I remember that when I was little, my parents felt that I should study to become a teacher. They thought football was a waste of time and I’d never succeed at it.”
“Honestly, I don’t know the word ‘pressure,’ because football is my job. I always enjoy it.”
“I really don’t like not being able to help my teammates.”
“The wrong team wanted me, by the way – of course United. I spoke with Van Gaal, and they even made an offer, but for me, it was not the right club and not the right moment.”
Who is Sadio Mané?
He is a Senegalese professional football player.
Who is Sadio Mané’s real name?
His real name is Sadio Mané.
What makes Sadio Mané famous?
He got famous when he joined Liverpool and was listed at the 2019 Ballon d’Or.
Where is Sadio Mané from?
He was born in Bambali, Sédhiou, Senegal.
How old is Sadio Mane?
He was born in 1992, and he is 31 years old as of 2023.
When Sadio Mané celebrates his birthday?
He celebrates on the 10th of every April.
How tall is Sadio Mané?
His height is 5’9″ or 175 cm.
Who are Sadio Mané’s parents?
His father’s name is not known, but his mother’s name is Satou Toure.
Is Sadio Mané married?
He is not married. Furthermore, there is no information on whether he is in a relationship or not.
Who is Sadio Mané’s ex-girlfriend?
None of his ex-girlfriend is known to the public. However, he used to be rumored to date Melissa Reddy.
How rich is Sadio Mané?
His net worth is around $20 million to $25 million.
What is Sadio Mané nationality?
His nationality is Senagelese.
Sadio Mané was poor and unable to attend school. It was the 2002 World Cup that brought him to realize his dream and his perseverance kept him from becoming the top footballer.