Saoirse Ronan made her on-screen debut in 2003 in the drama The Clinic. Her first official movie was the romantic comedy I Could Never Be Your Woman in 2005.
When she was 12, she auditioned for Atonement and got a role as Briony Tallis.
This movie definitely changes her life. American film critic Ty Burr described her as “remarkable eccentric”.
She was nominated for various awards including Academy Award and became one of the youngest Oscar nominees.
However, she acted for several disappointing works such as Death Defying Acts, City of Ember, and The Lovely Bones.
Yet, she made her comeback by playing roles in The Way Back and Hanna that performed her martial art skills.
After that, she continued earning popularity and won critics’ hearts by taking more mature or complex characters like in Byzantium; Stockholm, Pennsylvania; and Lady Bird.
- Full name: Saoirse Una Ronan
- Stage name: Saoirse Ronan
- Nickname: Sersh, Pony
- Born: April 12, 1994, in New York City, New York, United States
- Nationality: Irish, American
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actress
- Education: Privately tutored by her parents
- Hobbies: Watching movies, surfing, shopping
- Parents: Paul Ronan (Father) and Monica (Mother)
- Sibling: –
- Boyfriend: Jack Lowden
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: –
- TikTok: –
- Youtube: –
- People have difficulty when pronouncing her names, so she talks about it in almost talk shows. It’s actually pronounced seer-sha, but Saoirse pronounces it sur-shuh when talking to North Americans.
- Her name Saoirse means freedom or liberty.
- Her zodiac is Aries.
- Saoirse has dual citizenship for the United States of America and Ireland.
- She is a skilled art martial arts.
- Margot Robbie, Timothée Chalamet, and Aly Michalka are her best friends.
- Kristen Wiig is one of her idols.
- Her favorite color is green.
- Ronan’s signatures are clear blue eyes and blonde hair.
- Saoirse’s favorite charity is the Irish Society for the Protection of Cruelty to Children (ISPCC).
- Ronan was raised in the Catholic faith. Yet, she has doubted her faith since she was 6 years old.
- She attended Ardattin National School briefly before she was homeschooled.
- Saoirse had a dog named Sassy.
- She has lived in Ireland after moving from New York at the age of 3.
- Her parents were undocumented immigrants from Ireland and economically struggled when living in New York. That’s why they returned to Dublin, Ireland.
- Before attending training as an actor, her father worked in construction and her mother was a nanny.
- Ronan was considered taking the role of Luna Lovegood on Harry Potter, but Evanna Lynch got it instead.
- Saoirse starred in Stockholm, Pennsylvania in 2015. From this movie, she was nominated for Academy Awards and Golden Globe Award for Best Actress.
- In 2016, Forbes listed her both 30 Under 30 – Europe – Hollywood & Entertainment and 30 Under 30 – Hollywood & Entertainment.
- She appeared in the 2016 Broadway The Crubicle portraying Abigail Williams.
- Ronan became one of the ambassadors for UNICEF’s campaign on World Barber Day in 2018.
- IndieWire listed her as one of the Best American Actors under 30.
- She appeared on the August Vogue US cover in 2018.
- In 2019, she reunited with her co-star Timothée Chalamet and director Greta Gerwig in Little Women after working together for Lady Bird.
- Her net worth is around $9 Million.
Photos of Saoirse Ronan
1. What do you think of Saoirse with bangs?
2. Her clear blue eyes can hypnotize everyone.
3. This look for Golden Globes looks masculine!
4. But this pink dress for the Oscars also suits her perfectly.
5. Even though the make-up is simple and natural, her expression and earrings are head-turning.
She proves the family background doesn’t affect so much when you truly love what you do and work for it.