Seulgi started her journey as an idol in 2007. In that year, she officially became an SM Entertainment trainee. Five years later in 2013, shebecame the first trainee to be announced to the public through SM Rookies.
Before her debut with Red Velvet, she performed with Irene ‘Red Velvet’ and did a dance cover of S.E.S’s Be Natural.
In 2014, she was also featured in Henry Lau’s music video for Butterfly, one of the tracks on the Fantastic EP.
Finally, on August 1, 2014, she debuted with Red Velvet with the song Happiness topping the Korean charts.
Not only in Red Velvet, but her solo career is also increasing. She often releases singles with Wendy for drama OSTs, such as, Don’t Push Me Away for the drama Uncontrollably Fond (2016) and You’re The Only One I See for the drama Hwarang (2017).
In 2020, SM Entertainment confirmed that Seulgi and Irene would be Red Velvet’s first sub-unit. Following the news, the sub-unit finally released the mini-album Monster, which was quite successful.
- Real Name: Kang Seulgi (강슬기)
- Stage Name: Seulgi (슬기)
- Nickname: Kkangesul, TeddyBear, Seulgi
- Birthdate: February 10, 1994
- Birthplace: Ansan, Gyeonggi, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Nationality: South Korea
- Position: Main Dancer, Lead Vocalist, Lead Center (Red Velvet)
- Height: 164 cm (5’5″)
- Weight: 44 kg (97 lbs)
- Blood Type: A
- Religion: Buddhist
- Profession: Singer, Model, Dancer
- Education: School of Performing Arts Seoul
- Hobbies: Drawing, Playing guitar
- Parents: –
- Sibling: –
- Boyfriend: –
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @hi_sseulgi
- Tiktok: –
- YouTube: –
- She has an older brother than her.
- Before continuing her education at the School of Performing Arts Seoul (SOPA), she studied at Ansan Byeolmang Middle School.
- Seulgi can speak Korean and Japanese.
- SM Entertainment published Seulgi through SM Rookies with Jeno and Taeyong from NCT.
- She once starred in School Oz, a musical from SM Entertainment by playing the main character, Dorothy.
- She has also participated in the JTBC variety show Off to School.
- Seulgi once appeared on King of Mask Singer as a contestant in October 2016. She appeared as ‘Cinema Heaven’.
- She once released a single with Yesung from Super Junior in January 2017, Darling U.
- Seulgi along with other female K-Pop idols were cast for the Idol Drama Operation Team program and their group was called Girls Next Door.
- Seulgi with Girls Next Door released a single titled Deep Blue Eyes and made her debut stage in July 2017.
- In Red Velvet, the color designed for her is yellow or tangerine.
- She almost debuted under the stage name Rowoon.
- She is often known as a person who has a calm personality.
- She had a slump when her voice couldn’t come out, so she started practicing her dance harder than ever.
- Seulgi is good friends with Krystal from F(X) and Kyuhyun from Super Junior.
- She has appeared in Henry Lau’s video clip Fantastic.
- In Red Velvet, Seulgi is the only member who only has single eyelids.
- Her nickname ‘Bear’ is a nickname from F(X)’s Amber.
- Seulgi likes to collect pens, notes, and stickers.
- She likes eating vegetables.
- When she’s stressed, Seulgi tends to release it by writing a diary, eating with people she likes, and going to karaoke alone.
- When it comes to getting dressed, she likes to color coordinate.
- Seulgi once drew Taeyeon and the drawing is very similar to her real face.
- She likes the film The Apple of My Eye.
- For music genres, she likes calming music, acoustic music, and New Age.
- Similar to the color designed for her, Seulgi’s favorite color is orange because it’s refreshing.
- Seulgi likes chic and dark-colored clothing styles.
- She is close friends with Moonbyul from Mamamoo and Jisoo from BLACKPINK.
- In 2015, she got 71st place for the Most Beautiful Faces award. The following year, she took the 29th position.
- Her ideal type is someone who makes her comfortable, likes to laugh, and looks awesome when laughing.
Pics of Seulgi
1. Black is the true color for her
2. Seulgi looks cute even when she wears dark color
3. Seulgi’s Psycho outfit looks very charming
4. Elegant and classy Seulgi in a red dress
5. She looks like a fashionista with her greyish outfits
Seulgi is one of the most talented and charming K-Pop female idols. She also has a beautiful appearance and heart, and that’s why her fans are always on her side.