Sydney Sweeney already had a tough passion in acting when she was just a teenager, which later made her land an acting job during her teenage years.
To begin her acting journey, Sydney Sweeney started to join various audition and commercial acting in Seattle and also Oregon.
Two years after she started her journey, when she was 14, Sydney then moved to Los Angeles to get wider acting opportunities.
After moving to LA, this Virgo actress later got some opportunities to be a guest actress for various popular series, such as Criminal Minds (2009), 90210 (2010), Grey’s Anatomy (2014), and also Pretty Little Liars (2017).
One year later, in 2018, Sydney successfully booked a job as the lead actress for the Netflix series, Everything Sucks!, as Emaline Addario, which gave her a career breakthrough.
Not stopping there, she then made an appearance for Sharp Objects (2018), an HBO series, and got a role as Alice.
After that, she began to act in a thriller movie, Under the Silver Lake (2018), which was a new experience for her.
Later, she got a recurring role for The Handmaid’s Tale (2018) as Eden Spancer, which was followed by her appearance in Along Came the Devil (2018).
Sydney returned to the big screens for Clementine (2019) and also Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019).
Sydney Sweeney got a big popularity after portraying Cassie Howard in the first season of Euphoria (2019), which later was followed for its second season in 2022.
- Real Name: Sydney Bernice Sweeney
- Stage Name: Sydney Sweeney
- Nickname: Sydney
- Birthday: September 12, 1997
- Birthplace: Spokane, Washington, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Nationality: American
- Height: 161 cm (5’3″)
- Weight: 55 kg (121 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actress
- Education: Saint George’s School
- Hobbies: Sports, Acting, Traveling
- Parents: –
- Siblings: Trent Sweeney (brother)
- Boyfriend: Jonathan Davino
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: @sydney_sweeney
- Instagram: @sydney_sweeney
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
- When she was just a 12-years-old girl, Sydney Sweeney once made a business plan for five-year long to make her parents support her acting dreams.
- Sydney is a West Coast native.
- She is a big fan of behind-the scene moments.
- She loves to post her photos while she is preparing on her set.
- In the real life, she is the best friend of her fellow Euphoria cast, Maude Apatow.
- Sydney once did an Old-Hollywood style photoshoot project with Maude, because they both like it.
- Her best advice to share with others is “Be more confident in who you are”.
- For her, actually confidence is just a thing she wish she would had when she was younger.
- When Sydney was younger, she was problematic with her self-image and body.
- She revealed that she had some meat on her bones when she was younger and she felt very self-conscious when she compared herself to other girls.
- Every time Sydney is in the process of approaching a new character, she would write 100-page journals for what will her character do from start to the end.
- To make it fun, Sydney Sweeney once turned into The Shining‘s twin sisters for Halloween.
- She is the real fan of dogs.
- Sydney has a dog namely Tank.
- She has a very good skill on the slopes.
- Sydney loves to do water sports.
- Sydney is able to fight and a trainer of MMA.
- Her first MMA competition is when she was 18 years old.
- During that competition, she had to compete with other guys who has weights above hers, but she ended up get the first place.
- Her reason to get major in business was to be the navigation for acting contracts.
- Sydney said that “You will always be the number one person looking out for yourself”.
- She is an international jet setter.
- She has traveled in so many places around the world.
- Since she was just a little, she already had a grand passion for cars.
- Her ideal type is…
- Her net worth is around $5 million.
- Night Teeth (2021), as Eva
- The Voyeurs (2021), as Pippa
- Downfalls High (2021), as Scarlett
- Nocturne (2020), as Juliet Lowe
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019), as Dianne Lake
- Clementine (2019), as Lana
- Big Time Adolescence (2019), as Holly
- Along Came the Devil (2018), as Ashley
- Under the Silver Lake (2018), as Shooting Star
- The Wrong Daughter (2018), as Samantha
- Relentless (2018), as Ally
- Dead Ant (2017), as Sam
- Vikes (2017), as Ida
- The Horde (2016), as Hailey Summers
- Cassidy Way (2016), as Kelsey Connors
- Stolen From Suburbia (2015), as Emma
- The Martial Arts Kid (2015), as Julia
- Angels in Stardust (2014), as Annie
- Spiders 3D (2013), as Emily
- The Ward (2011), as Young Alice
- The Opium Eater (2010), as Sarah Detzer
- ZMD: Zombies of Mass Destruction (2009), as Lisa
- Euphoria 2 (HBO | 2022), as Cassie Howard
- Robot Chicken (Adults Swim | 2021), as Barbie, Riley Andersen, Cinema Girl (voices)
- The White Lotus (HBO | 2021), as Olivia Mossbacher
- Euphoria (HBO | 2019), as Cassie Howard
- Sharp Objects (HBO | 2018), as Alice
- The Handmaid’s Tale (Hulu | 2018), as Eden Spencer
- Everything Sucks! (Netflix | 2018), as Emaline Addario
- Pretty Little Liars (Freeform | 2017), as Willa
- The Middle (ABC | 2017), as Female Student #1
- Grey’s Anatomy (ABC | 2014), as Erin Weaver
- Kickin’ It (Disney XD | 2011), as Kelsey Vargas
- 90210 (The CW | 2010), as girl
- Chase (NBC | 2010), as Kayla Edwards
- Criminal Minds (CBS | 2009), as Dani Forester
- Heroes (NBC | 2009), as little girl
Music Videos Appearances
- Graveyard (2019) – Halsey
“Everyone looks cool in the ’90s.”
“I love sports or hiking; you’ll always find me outside doing something.”
“I think that any young child or teenager, you take a lot from your parents when you’re growing up.”
“I always look for characters that will hopefully develop into a more powerful symbol.”
“I’m really into both sides of the industry – in front of the camera and behind the camera. I love the business side of it; I love all of the contracts and negotiating and the different connections that you can make.”
“I got rid of my place in L.A. I had this beautiful condo in Taluca Lake, but I was like, Why am I paying for this when I’m all over?”
“On ‘Euphoria,’ it’s so fun because we’re all the same age, so being able to hang out and go out together and go to different events together has been so fun compared to always being the youngest on set, which was really fun, but it’s like, you’re going to go home to your husband or wife, and I’m going to go home to my dog.”
“I’m trained in mixed martial arts. I started when I was 14 and did my first competition at
eighteen. It was a grappling competition against all guys a weight category above me, and I got first place.”
“Growing up, I was definitely a tomboy, an overall-and-Converse type of girl, and I still am, but for events, I love dressing up.”
“I’ve been a teenage girl, too, so I’ve had my own insecurities and my own struggles that I’ve got through.”
“There was no entertainment industry at all in Spokane, Washington, where I was raised. When I was
twelve, this movie came to town randomly, and I begged my parents to let me audition.”
“Working with Amy Adams was amazing. I’ve always looked up to her as an actor and as a role model, so being able to be on set with her was completely beyond anything I could ever imagine.”
“I love ‘Gone Girl,’ so bringing ‘Sharp Objects’ to life, that was amazing.”
“Jean-Marc Vallee is a talent, and working with Amy Adams was incredible.”
“I don’t think, because I’m going to school for something else, that I will stop being an actress.”
“I really look up to Amy Adams, who I got to work with, Meryl Streep, and Angelina Jolie.”
“I’m never in the same place for too long, and you make the most amazing friends on one set, and then you go to another, and you start all over again, and it’s lonely sometimes.”
“I’ve been able to work on shows with amazing role models, amazing actors, incredible female filmmakers.”
“Oh, I can’t master the smoldering look to save my life.”
“I grew up watching ‘Gilmore Girls’ with my older cousins!”
“I believe in this industry as a business, and I want to continue to grow my own business.”
“I slalom ski. I wakeboard. I hike and rock climb.”
“I would love to write and direct.”
“I’m not one to go out. I’m more of a homebody.”
“Every show is completely different.”
“I build my characters from the day they’re born to the first page of the script.”
“Never was I allowed to miss school.”
“This industry is a business – I’m a business myself, and I want to be able to run my own business.”
“I’d love to have a production company one day, and I’d love to maybe venture out with other industries.”
“My family collects vintage pinball machines, so I have a few in my apartment.”
“Everybody is always like, ‘You must be a really good liar,’ and no, I’m actually a truth teller, and I’m telling someone else’s truth. If I’m lying, then I’m not doing my job correctly.”
“Serena and Blair from ‘Gossip Girl’ got to wear such awesome outfits, and being on a show like that, where you’re getting to wear incredible designers all the time, would be a lot of fun.”
“When it’s a bigger character, and there’s a lot going on for her, and there are all these different elements that go into the character, I just love being able to dive into it.”
“I grew up on a lake on the border of Washington and Idaho.”
“I actually began my career by convincing my parents to let me be an actress when I was 12 with a PowerPoint presentation describing acting and my goals.”
“Hard work pays off. The harder you work, the more people will notice.”
“When I’m on set, everybody always hangs out, especially on ‘Euphoria’ we’re all the same age, so we would do tons of things together, which is a lot of fun.”
“’Euphoria’ was a lot of fun wardrobe-wise because I actually got to wear clothing that I would regularly wear.”
“I was actually valedictorian of my class.”
“I grew up remodeling houses with my parents, and I’ve started to do it again with some of my friends. So, I like to watch HGTV – ‘Love It or List It,’ ‘Property Brothers,’ ‘Flip or Flop.’”
“I would always worry that I was only going to play the girl next door or the cute girlfriend. But I’ve been really lucky that all my roles have been very intense and completely different kinds of characters.”
“Every single character and every single person in real life can all be 16 or 17 years old and maybe live in the same town and go to the same school, but every single girl is experiencing and living a different life. I think that, on the outside, it may seem like there’s a lot of similarities, but there’s also a lot of differences as well.”
“I honestly don’t think I have one specific style. One day, I could be wearing a workout track suit, and another day, I could be wearing overalls and a tank top. Or I love a slip with corset. It just honestly depends on where I am in the world and what I’m doing and how I’m feeling that day.”
“I separate myself from my characters as much as possible, but I have these books that I create which are interactive diaries/timelines/memory books/pictures of the character’s entire world.”
“I’ve been able to work with so many people, so I love asking advice from as many as possible.”
“When I’m on set, I’m 100 percent comfortable, but at events and photo shoots, I’m beyond nervous.”
“I have to be honest: I’ve memorized ‘Titanic.’”
“I was on the math team, and I was on the soccer team.”
“I love working with an actress that you can just look at them and be able to react with your eyes and not have to do much else.”
“I’m a huge nerd.”
Sydney Sweeney is one of the most hard-working Hollywood actresses in the industry. She is sweet, positive, and always spread inspirations everywhere she goes.