The Lord Of The Rings Quotes – For those of you who like fantasy novels, you may already be familiar with The Lord of the Rings.
The Lord of the Rings. The novels are an epic fantasy novel published in three volumes in 1954 and 1955, each volume consisting of two books.
The novel was written from 1937 to 1949 and became one of the most popular works of 20th-century literature and was translated into 38 languages.
Not just a novel, The Lord of the Rings has been filmed three times, the first as an animated film by Ralph Bakshi in 1978 (as the first of two originally planned films), the second in 1980 as a television show.
The third work, The Lord of the Rings film trilogy by director Peter Jackson, released in 2001, 2002, and 2003.
Because of that, this novel is famous for being the best novel ever published and filmed in its time and has received many awards.
In addition to the interesting novel, there are many exciting inspirations that can be gleaned from both the novel and the film.
Here are 150 The Lord of the Rings quotes that build inspiration and open new horizons.
The Lord Of The Rings Quotes Bring New Life Perceptions
1.” Far to the east, over ranges and rivers lies a single solitary peak.” – Gandalf.
2.” May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.” – Gandalf.
3.” There is a lot more in Bilbo than you guess, and a deal more than he has any idea of himself.” – Gandalf.
4.” It was a hobbit hole, and that means comfort.” – J. R. R. Tolkien.
5.” In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit.” – J. R. R. Tolkien.
6.” Many die in war. Life is cheap. But a treasure such as this cannot be counted in lives lost. It is worth all the blood we can spend.” – Thorin.
7.” Loyalty, honor, a willing heart. I can ask no more than that.” – Thorin
8. ” Don’t adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.” – Bilbo Baggins.
9.” It is useless to meet revenge with revenge: it will heal nothing.” – Frodo Baggins.
10.” May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.” – Galadriel.
11.” Curse us and crush us, my precious is lost!” – J. R . R. Tolkien.
12.” Farewell, Wherever you fare till your eyries receive you at the journey’s end!” – J. R . R. Tolkien.
13.” From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken; The crownless again shall be king.” – J.R.R Tolkien.
14.” He has passed through the fire and the abyss, and they shall fear him. We will go where he leads.” – J. R. R. Tolkien.
15.” Memory is not what the heart desires. That is only a mirror.” – Gimli.
16.” The time of the Elves is over. Do we leave Middle-Earth to its fate? Do we let them stand alone?” – Lady of the Wood.
17.” It’s the job that’s never started as takes longest to finish.” – Sam Gamgee.
18.” It is perilous to study too deeply the arts of the Enemy, for good or for ill.” – Elrond.
19.” I would rather share one life time with you than face all the Ages of this world alone.” – Arwen.
20.” His grief he will not forget; but it will not darken his heart, it will teach him wisdom.” – Aragorn.
21.” Short cuts make delays, but inns make longer ones.” – Frodo Baggins
22. ”Where there’s life there’s hope.” – Bilbo
23. ”It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing… such a little thing” – Boromir
24. ”Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.” – Gandalf
25. ”Memory is not what the heart desires. That is only a mirror” – Gimli
26. ”Nobody tosses a Dwarf!” – Gimli:Nobody
27. ”When in doubt, follow your nose.” – Gandalf
28. “Do not trust to hope. It has forsaken these lands.
29. ” It’s the job that’s never started as takes longest to finish” – Sam Gamgee
30. “The reason of my waking mind tells me that great evil has befallen and we stand at the end of days. But my heart says nay; and all my limbs are light, and a hope and joy are come to me that no reason can deny.”
31. ”A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to” – Gandalf
32. ”For you do not yet know the strengths of your hearts, and you cannot foresee what each may meet on the road” – Elrond
33. ”But in the end it’s only a passing thing, this shadow; even darkness must pass.” – Sam Gamgee
34. ”A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.” – Gandalf
35. ”He that breaks a thing to find out what it is, has left the path of wisdom.” – Gandalf
36. ”The board is set, the pieces are moving. We come to it at last, the great battle of our time” – Gandalf
37. ”Often does hatred hurt itself!” – Gandalf
38. “Three hundred lives of men I have walked this earth and now I have no time.”
39.” The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot forever fence it out.” – Gildor.
40.” For you do not yet know the strengths of your hearts, and you cannot foresee what each may meet on the road.” – J.R.R. Tolkien.
41.” Even the smallest person can change the course of history.” – Lady Galadriel.
42.” In this hour, I do not believe that any darkness will endure.” – Faramir.
43.” All shall love me and despair. I pass the test.” – Galadriel.
44.” It is mine to give to whom I will, like my heart.” – J.R.R Tolkien.
45.” Much evil must befall a country before it wholly forgets the Elves, if once they dwelt there.” – J. R. R. Tolkien.
46.” I would have followed you. My brother. My captain. My king.” – J. R. R. Tolkien.
47.” Where there’s life there’s hope, and need of vittles.” – Sam
48.” The Ring has awoken, it’s heard its master’s call.” – Gandalf.
49.” It is not despair, for despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not.” – Gandalf.
50.” Be silent! Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth! I have not passed through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm.” – Gandalf.
51.” You cannot pass… I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.” – Gandalf.
52.” He was strong in life. His spirit will find the way to the halls of your fathers.” – Gandalf.
53.” A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.” – Gandalf.
54.” The board is set, the pieces are moving. We come to it at last, the great battle of our time.” – Gandalf.
55.” I did not give you that map and key for you to hold on to the past.” – Gandalf.
56.” You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month, and yet after a hundred years they can still surprise you.” – Gandalf.
57.” If in doubt, Meriadoc, always follow your nose.” – Gandalf
58.” All you get to decide is what to do with the time that it is given to you.” – Gandalf.
59.” Only a small part is played in great deeds by any hero.” – Gandalf.
60.” Death is just another path, one that we all must take.” – Gandalf.
61.” There is only one Lord of the Rings. And he does not share power!” – Gandalf.
62.” It is a comfort not to be mistaken at all points. Do I not know it only too well!” – Gandalf.
63. “Oh… you would not part an old man from his walking stick?” – Gandalf
64.” You’re not making a very splendid figure as King Under The Mountain, are you?” – Gandalf.
65.” There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something.” – J. R. R. Tolkien.
66.” The world is not in your books and maps; it’s out there.” – Gandalf.
67.” I don’t want any trouble, you understand? Just show me the way to get out of here, and I’ll be on my way.” – Bilbo.
68.” It’s a dangerous business, walking out one’s front door.” – Gandalf.
69. “True courage is knowing not how to take a life, but when to spare it.” – Gandalf.
70.” Thror’s love of gold had grown too fierce. A sickness had begun to grow within him. It was a sickness of the mind. And where sickness thrives bad things will follow.” – Bilbo.
71.” Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world it festers and spreads.” – Thranduil.
72.” The Nazgul they were; the Ringwraiths, the Enemy’s most terrible servants; darkness went with them and they cried with the voices of death.” – J. R. R. Tolkien.
73.” It may be your task to find the Crack of Doom; but that quest may be for others: I do not know. At any rate you are not ready for that long road yet.” – J. R. R. Tolkien.
74.” However it may prove, one must tread the path that need chooses!” – J.R.R. Tolkien.
75.” Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.” – Gimli.
76.” Deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised.” – Aragorn.
77.” You have to understand the good in things, to detect the real evil.” – J. R. R. Tolkien.
78.” Far, far below the deepest delvings of the dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things.” – J. R. R. Tolkien.
79.” A hunted man sometimes wearies of distrust and longs for friendship.” – Aragorn.
80.” I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t even be here. But we are. It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. ” – Sam
81. “I will take the Ring, though I do not know the way.” – Frodo.
82.” I can’t carry it for you, but I can carry you.” – Sam Gamgee.
83.”So do I, and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide.” – Gandalf
84.” One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.” – J. R. R. Tolkien.
85. “There’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it’s worth fighting for.” – J. R. R. Tolkien.
86.” He hated it and loved it, as he hated and loved himself.” – J.R.R Tolkien.
87.” For the time will soon come when Hobbits will shape the fortunes of all.” – Galadriel.
88.” If by my life or death I can protect you, I will. You have my sword.” – Aragorn.
89.” Good and evil have not changed since yesteryear, nor are they one thing among Elves and another among Men. It is a man’s part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house.” – J.R.R Tolkien.
90.” All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost.” – Bilbo, ‘The Fellowship of the Ring.’
91.” It is not the strength of the body, but the strength of the spirit.” – J.R.R. Tolkien.
92.” Bilbo Baggins! Do not take me for some conjuror of cheap tricks. I am not trying to rob you, I’m trying to help you.” – Gandalf.
93.” My time is over: it is no longer my task to set things to rights, nor to help other folk to do so.” – Gandalf.
94.” Life in the wide world goes on much as it has this past Age, full of its own comings and goings, scarcely aware of the existence of Hobbits, for which I am very thankful.” – Gandalf.
95.” Well, all good stories deserve embellishment.” – Gandalf.
96.” My heart tells me that Gollum has some part to play, for good or ill, before this is over. The pity of Bilbo may rule the fate of many.” – Gandalf.
97.” In this Music [the singing of the angels in harmony] the World was begun; for Iluvatar made visible the song of the Ainur, and they beheld it as a light in the darkness.” – J. R. R. Tolkien.
98. “Your time will come. You will face the same Evil, and you will defeat it.” – Arwen.
99.” Mordor. The one place in Middle-Earth we don’t want to see any closer. And it’s the one place we’re trying to get to. It’s just where we can’t get. Let’s face it, Mr. Frodo, we’re lost.” – Sam.
100.” Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends. I have not much hope that Gollum can be cured before he dies, but there is a chance of it.” – Gandalf.
101. “You step into the Road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
102. “Let him not vow to walk in the dark, who has not seen the nightfall.” – Elrond
103. “Home is behind, the world ahead, and there are many paths to tread through shadows to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
104. “Your time will come. You will face the same Evil, and you will defeat it.” – Arwen
105. “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” – Thorin Oakenshield
106. “But do not despise the lore that has come down from distant years; for oft, it may chance that old wives keep in memory word of things that once were needful for the wise to know.” – Celeborn
107. “This day does not belong to one man but to all. Let us together rebuild this world that we may share in the days of peace.” – Aragorn
108. “A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.”
109. “He that breaks a thing to find out what it is, has left the path of wisdom.”
110. “When in doubt, follow your nose.”
111. “Death is just another path, one that we all must take.”
112. “You shall not pass!”
113. “One ring to rule them all. One ring to find them. One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them!”
114. “The burned hand teaches best. After that, advice about fire goes to the heart.”
115. “All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.”
116. “Who knows? Have patience. Go where you must go, and hope!”
117. “Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not.”
Bilbo: “No, thank you! We don’t want any more visitors, well-wishers, or distant relations!”
118. “I would have gone with you to the end, into the very fires of Mordor.” – Aragorn
119. “A hunted man sometimes wearies of distrust and longs for friendship.” – Aragorn
120. “It is but a shadow and a thought that you love. I cannot give you what you seek.” – Aragorn
121. “Deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised.” – Aragorn
122. “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Queen Galadriel
123. Frodo: “Go back, Sam! I’m going to Mordor alone!”
Sam: “Of course you are, and I’m coming with you!”
124. “Gandalf, my old friend, this will be a night to remember.” – Bilbo
125. “I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.” – Bilbo
126. “I thought up an ending for my book: ‘And he lived happily ever after, unto the end of his days.’” – Bilbo
127. “It is useless to meet revenge with revenge. It will heal nothing.” – Frodo
128. “I don’t know, and I would rather not guess.” – Frodo
129. “I’m glad to be with you, Samwise Gamgee… here at the end of all things.” – Frodo
130. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – Bilbo
131. “Not the beard!” – Gimli
132. “Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.” – Gimli
133. “Nobody tosses a Dwarf!” – Gimli
134. “One does not simply walk into Mordor.” – Boromir
135. Legolas: “Lembas! Elvish waybread. One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a grown man.”
Merry: “How many did you eat?” Pippin: “Four.”
Aragorn: “Gentlemen, we do not stop till nightfall.”
Pippin: “What about breakfast?” Aragorn: “Haven’t you had that already?” Pippin: “We’ve had one, yes. What about second breakfast?”
136. “It came to me. It’s mine, my own, my love, my precious.” – Gollum
137. “And to that, I hold. I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.” – Arwen
138. “Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world. Small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere.” – Elrond
139. “It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing, such a little thing.” – Boromir
140. “All’s well that ends better.” – Hamfast
141. “It’s the job that’s never started as takes longest to finish.”
142. “There’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.”
143. “I’m coming, Mr. Frodo.”
144. “It’s like in the great stories, my Frodo. The ones that really mattered… and sometimes you didn’t want to know the end, because how could the end be happy? But, in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass.”
145. “Potatoes. Boil ’em, mash ’em, stick ’em in a stew.”
146. “I can’t carry it for you, but I can carry you.”
147. “Do you remember the taste of strawberries?”
148. “I made a promise, Mr. Frodo. A promise. ‘Don’t you leave him, Samwise Gamgee.’ And I don’t mean to. I don’t mean to.”
149“Books ought to have good endings. How would this do? ‘And they all settled down and lived together happily ever after.’”
150. “Snow’s all right on a fine morning, but I like to be in bed when it’s falling.”
These are 150 The Lord of the Rings quotes that inspire and open our horizons. Hopefully the meaning can be taken in it and can bring a moment of nostalgia from this film and novel.