Vinicius Junior is a Brazilian professional football player. His name got known as Real Madrid scouted him for a transfer fee of €46 million.
Vinicius Junior began his training in football at an early age. When he was seven, his parents registered him at a famous club in Niteroi, south of Sao Goncalo.
When his family finances began depleting, he should stay with his uncle in Sao Paulo, which is closer to his training ground. When he was nine years old, his parents took him to take a trial at Flamengo Academy.
Though the club saw potential in him, but they told him to wait a year later to take a trial again. In 2010, he took a trial test again in Flamengo’s youth and passed.
He makes his professional senior debut in 2017 at Flamengo when he was 16. His performance was memorable as he could score goals for Flamengo and celebrate it with unique style.
Two days after his professional debut, Flemango announced the renewal of his contract and his transfer rising from €30 to €45 million.
Though his transfer price sparked debated among football scout, but European clubs like FC Barcelona or Real Madrid willing to pay €46 million to have Vinicius in their team under some condition.
His first choice at first was FC Barcelona, but there’s a problem because of his price and his age and when Barcelona FC was still in doubt, Real Madrid took a step and went ahead with the transfer with €46 million.
While his career in the national team started in March 2017, he was invited to represent Brazil at South American U-17 Championship.
He scored seven goals in the tournament and brought Brazil won for the 12th time. In 2019, he makes his senior debut representing Brazil.
Read also: Karim Benzema – Biography, Age, Trivia, Family & Life Story
- Real Name: Vinícius José Paixão de Oliveira Júnior
- Stage Name: Vinicius Junior
- Also Known As: Vini
- Nickname: New Neymar
- Birthday: July 12, 2000
- Birthplace: Sao Goncalo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Nationality: Brazilian
- Religion: Christian
- Profession: Professional Football Player
- Education: –
- Hobbies: Traveling
- Position: Forward
Real Madrid (2018 – );
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @vinjir
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
Height, Weight, Physical Appearance
- Height: 177 cm (5’9”)
- Weight: 65 kg (143 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Black
- Body Measurements: 42-33-14 (Chest 42, Waist 33, and Biceps 14 in inches)
- Shoe Size: –
- Father: Oliveira Sr
- Mother: Tatiana Vinicius
- Brother: Gustavo (Younger Brother)
- Sister: Natasha (Older Sister), Isabelle (Older Sister)
Girlfriend & Dating History
Maria Julia Mazali
In 2019, it was reported by Brazillian newspaper that he dated Maria Julia Mazali. Though he denied the rumor, the selfies that were posted showing him and Maria taking photos in the same bathroom confirm the newspaper’s report.
Vinicius Junior’s net worth is around €36 million. Has been playing football his whole life, his source of income was from his salary.
Vinicius has his contract with Real Madrid expiring in 2025. From his contract, he got paid £186,000 per week and made around £9,672,000 per year.
- His father is a legend in Brazilian football while his mother is a well-known television personality.
- When Vinicius Junior began attending Flamengo Academy, his father decided to move and looking a job in Sao Paulo and his mother stayed with him and his uncle and accompanied him in training at the academy.
- When he was a kid, he was often seen playing video games, especially playing FIFA, where he played for many teams, especially Barcelona FC, and played as Lionel Messi.
- His role model was Robinho and often wrote Robinho as his mentor for all football registrations.
- At the beginning, he would ride a ferry to his futsal training, but as his family’s finances began depleting, he moved with his uncle Ulysses.
- He scored six goals while representing Brazil U-15 at the South American Football Championship.
- While performing at the U-17 South American Championship, he scored seven goals and earned a trophy for Best Player of the Tournament.
- He makes his debut represented Real Madrid in 2018 when he was 18.
- He also got offer from Manchester United but the talk transfer didn’t go far as Ed Woodward didn’t have success negotiating with Flamengo.
- He is known for his chapeau skill, a football skill that involves flicking a ball over an opponent’s head.
- During the matches between Brazil and Paraguay in 2017, he produced three chapeaus and collected the ball using his right shoulder.
- After a transfer to Real Madrid, the club allowed him to train with Flamengo in Brazil until July 2018.
- His transfer to Real Madrid, at €46 million, is the most expensive for a player under 18.
- He is a person who cares deeply for his family and home. He is also intuitive and has a sentimental personality.
- He kept his life private, especially about his relationship status. But on his Instagram page, he revealed that he is a father, though the identity of his kids isn’t revealed to the public.
- He doesn’t drink alcohol and only drinks cola.
- In 2022, during matches between Real Madrid and Manchester City, he pull dummy on Fernandinho and the video of this moment goes viral.
- His ideal type is…
Read also: Darwin Nunez – Biography, Age, Trivia, Family & Life Story
“My salary doesn’t matter, all I care about is that I’m playing for the world’s biggest club.”
“I come from Flamengo, a club with a lot of pressure. I’ve become accustomed to it, but my family gives me all the support possible. I don’t think about failure.”
“I want to thank Ronaldo for being here. He’s someone I’ve always followed and it’s incredible to be by his side. I’ll give much success to Madrid”
“My objective is to win more. I always want to be on top, and that is why I’ve chosen Real Madrid & I want to conquer more championships.”
“Neymar is my idol & I follow him closely. I have to work to stay in real Madrid. I have a dream of playing together with Neymar.”
Customized to the pressure since young, Vinicius Junior proved that he was worth looking forward to as one of the promising footballers.