Zendaya is an award-winning American actress and singer. She’s best known for her roles in Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017), Euphoria (2019–present), The Greatest Showman (2017), and Dune (2021).
She has earned a number of accolades, such as a Golden Globe award and two Primetime Emmy Awards. She’s listed amongst TIME’s 2022 100 most influential people in the world.
- 1 Career
- 2 Profile
- 3 Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- 4 Family
- 5 Boyfriend & Dating History
- 6 Net Worth
- 7 Facts
- 8 Movies
- 9 TV Movies
- 10 TV Series
- 11 Singles
- 12 TV Shows
- 13 Music Video Appearances
- 14 Awards
- 15 Nominations
- 16 Quotes
- 17 FAQs
- 17.1 Who is Zendaya?
- 17.2 Who is Zendaya’s real name?
- 17.3 What makes Zendaya famous?
- 17.4 Where is Zendaya from?
- 17.5 How old is Zendaya?
- 17.6 When Zendaya celebrates her birthday?
- 17.7 How tall is Zendaya?
- 17.8 Who are Zendaya’s parents?
- 17.9 Is Zendaya married?
- 17.10 Who is Zendaya’s ex-boyfriend?
- 17.11 How rich is Zendaya?
- 17.12 What is Zendaya nationality?
Zendaya initially started her path as a fashion model in 2009, particularly for Mervyns, Old Navy, and Macy’s.
Not only that, but she also appeared in a commercial for iCarly toys and became a back-up dancer for Sears CF, featuring Selena Gomez.
Later, this Virgo entertainer made her first appearance on MV by Kidz Bop, Hot n Cold, a cover song of Katy Perry’s single.
During that year, Zendaya also got her own way by auditioning for Shake It Up as CeCe Jones, but instead, she was selected to portray Rocky Blue.
That show became her career breakthrough, which when it was aired for the first time in 2010, the show got a million viewers and directly became Disney Channel’s second highest-rated premiere.
One year later, she made a release of her single, Swag It Out (2011) and then followed by Watch Me in the same year.
Zendaya got her first movie for Frenemies (2012), a movie by Disney Channel, which rewarded her with a lot of awards.
In 2015, she got more popular after starring in K.C. Undercover and played a character as Katy Cooper, which also made her receive various awards and nominations.
She came back as a singer in 2016, where she released a collaboration single with Chris Brown, Something New.
After that, Zendaya then continued her acting career for various movies, such as Spiderman: Homecoming (2017), The Greatest Showman (2017), Smallfoot (2018), and also Spiderman: Far From Home (2019).
In 2019, Zendaya was popular with her image as “Rue Bennett” in the HBO teen series, Euphoria. Again, that character sent her a lot of awards and nominations from various events.
Apart from Euphoria, she later appeared again in big-screen movies, such as Malcolm & Marie (2021), Dune (2021), and also Spiderman: No Way Home.
And in 2022, she came back to the Euphoria series for its second season.
- Real Name: Zendaya Maree Stoermer Coleman
- Stage Name: Zendaya
- Nickname: Zendaya
- Birthday: September 1, 1996
- Birthplace: Oakland, California, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Nationality: American
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actress, Singer
- Education: Fruitvale Elementary School, Oakland School for the Arts, Oak Park High School
- Hobbies: Acting, Dancing, Traveling, Blogging, Modeling
- Facebook: Zendaya Official
- Twitter: @Zendaya
- Instagram: @zendaya
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: Zendaya Official
Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- Height: 178 cm (5’10”)
- Weight: 59 kg (130 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Dark brown
- Eye Color: Hazel
- Body Measurements: 34-25-34 (Bust -34, Waist -25, and Hips -34 inches)
- Shoe Size: 10 (US)
- Dress Size: 4 (US)
- Father: Kazembe Ajamu Coleman
- Mother: Claire Stoermer
- Brother: Austin Coleman, Julien Coleman
- Sister: Kaylee Coleman, Katianna Coleman, Annabella Coleman
Boyfriend & Dating History
She was linked to Trevor after appearing in his music video Like We Grown (2013) as his love interest.
She also attended his birthday party in the following year where she adressed the rumors by saying “…he’s my best friend in the whole world. I love him to death. That’s all it is.”
Trevor also spoke up about the dating speculation once, by saying that she’s just his friend.
That being said, in a 2017 interview with Vogue, she kind of hinted about her “first love” and secret relationship that lasted from 2012 to 2016, which a lot of her fans assume to be about him.
Odell Beckham Jr.
She’s rumored to date Odell, who’s an NFL player, in around 2016 as both of them were seen together leaving a party.
The romance speculations were shut down by his dad to TMZ, by stating that “There’s no relationship.”
Both were linked romantically for the first time in midst 2019 as they have been grown closer as co-stars in Euphoria ever since 2018.
She reportedly spent Thanksgiving together with Jacob’s family in Australia that year.
Media confirmed their relationship in early 2020, as he was spotted giving her forehead kisses in New York City.
That being said, Zendaya and Jacob were seen together for the last time in March 2020, so there’s a good chance that they had separated ever since for unknown reasons.
Zendaya and Tom met as co-stars in the Spider-Man: Homecoming (2016) filming set and it doesn’t take long and much before dating rumors sparked up between the two.
According to a 2017 interview she had with Variety, she mentioned about how they are “friends” and how Tom is a “great dude” and one of her best friends.
In 2019, Tom also stated about how he’s not romantically involved with anyone at that point.
That being said, the rumors surfaced again in around July 2021 as the pair were seen sharing kisses inside his car in Los Angeles.
A month later, an insider sort of confirmed the relationship told the media that both “started off as really great friends and stayed that way for a long while before things turned romantic.”
Since then, there were plenty of occassions when they were spotted together, both in professional and casual settings. They also often shared about each other on their respective social media page.
Their relationship appeared to be still going on strong.
Zendaya’s net worth is estimated by multiple sources to be around $20 million to $22 million. Her primary source of income is her acting works, business ventures, and modeling works.
According to Women’s Health magazine report, for the third season of the hit TV series Euphoria, she received $1 million per episode.
For her appearance in Marvel’s Spider-Man franchise, she reportedly earned $10 million. It is roughly the same amount of earnings she gained for appearing in Dune and Bones and All.
Zendaya purchased a house located in Northridge, California, for $1.4 million in 2017.
She bought another house located in Encino, California, for $4 million in 2020. In addition, she also possesses a Brooklyn condo that she paid $5 million for in the same year as the Encino property purchase.
- Zendaya’s mother works as a teacher.
- She has African descent from her father, particularly of Arkansas descent.
- Meanwhile, her mother has Scottish and German descent.
- Her name, Zendaya, comes from Tendai, the Shona name, which means ‘to give thanks’.
- During elementary school, she went to school where her mother taught for more than 20 years.
- She once performed in a school play with her friends for Black History Month.
- Zendaya once became a member of Future Shock Oakland, a hip-hop dance group.
- She is able to do hula dance because she had spent her time in the Academy of Hawaiian Arts.
- Channing Tatum is one of her celebrity crushes.
- She loves Harry Potter so much.
- Zendaya always watches Harry Potter once a day.
- She can bite ice cream with her own front teeth without making her feel annoyed.
- When she was younger, she had to repeat kindergarten because she was very shy.
- Zendaya was born with one less tooth on the bottom part of her mouth.
- She would be a teacher if she is not an actress now.
- Zendaya is a vegetarian.
- She said that her reason to be a vegetarian is not that she loves veggies, but because she is a true animal lover.
- Her ideal type is someone who is respectful.
- Her net worth is around $20 million.
- Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021), as MJ
- Dune (2021), as Chani
- Space Jam: A New Legacy (2021), as Lola Bunny (voice)
- Malcolm & Marie (2021), as Marie
- Spider-Man: Far from Home (2019), as MJ
- Smallfoot (2018), as Meechee (voice)
- Duck Duck Goose (2018), as Chi (voice)
- The Greatest Showman (2017), as Anna Wheeler
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017), as Michelle
- Super Buddies (2013), as Lollipop (voice)
- Zapped (Disney Channel | 2014), as Zoey Stevens
- Frenemies (Disney Channel | 2012), as Halley Brandon
- Euphoria 2 (HBO | 2022), as Rue Bennett
- Euphoria (HBO | 2019), as Rue Bennett
- The OA (Netflix | 2019), as Fola
- Black-ish (ABC | 2015), as Rasheida
- K.C. Undercover (Disney Channel | 2015-2018), as K.C. Cooper
- A.N.T. Farm (Disney Channel | 2012), as Sequoia Jones
- Good Luck Charlie (Disney Channel | 2011), as Rocky Blue
- Shake It Up (Disney Channel | 2010-2013), as Rocky Blue
- I’m Tired (2022) – with Labrinth
- All for Us (2019) – with Labrinth
- Rewrite the Stars (2017) – with Zac Efron
- Something New (2016) – ft. Chris Brown
- My Baby (2014)
- Replay (2013)
- Contagious Love (2013) – with Bella Thorne
- Fashion Is My Kryptonite (2013) – with Bella Thorne
- Something To Dance For (2012)
- Watch Me (2011) – with Bella Thorne
- Swag It Out (2011)
- Lip Sync Battle (Paramount Network | 2017), as herself
- Walk the Prank (Disney XD | 2017), as herself
- Dancing with the Stars (ABC | 2013), as contestant
- PrankStars (Disney Channel | 2011), as herself
Music Video Appearances
- Versace on the Floor (2017) – Bruno Mars
- All Night (2016) – Beyonce
- Bad Blood (2015) – Taylor Swift
- My Jam (2015) – Bobby Brackins, Jeremih
- Like We Grown (2013) – Trevor Jakcson
- Hot n Cold (2009) – Kidz Bop Kids
- Critics’ Choice Celebration of Black Cinema Awards 2021 – NextGen Award – Malcolm & Marie
- Satellite Awards 2020 – Best Actress in a Drama / Genre Series – Euphoria
- Primetime Emmy Awards 2020 – Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series – Euphoria
- Black Reel Awards 2020 – Outstanding Actress, Drama Series – Euphoria
- Nickelodeon Kid’s Choice Awards 2019 – Favorite Female TV Star – K.C. Undercover
- People’s Choice Awards 2019 – Favorite Drama TV Star of the Year – Euphoria
- People’s Choice Awards 2019 – Favorite Female Movie Star of the Year – Spider-Man: Far from Home
- Saturn Awards 2019 – Best Supporting Actress – Spider-Man: Far from Home
- Teen Choice Awards 2019 – Choice Summer Movie Actress – Spider-Man: Far from Home
- Nickelodeon Kid’s Choice Awards 2018 – Favorite Movie Actress – Spider-Man: Homecoming and The Greatest Showman
- Teen Choice Awards 2018 – Choice Collaboration – Rewrite the Stars
- Teen Choice Awards 2018 – Choice Movie Ship – The Greatest Showman
- Teen Choice Awards 2018 – Choice Movie Actress Drama – The Greatest Showman
- Nickelodeon Kid’s Choice Awards 2017 – Favorite Female TV Star – K.C. Undercover
- Teen Choice Awards 2017 – Choice Summer Movie Actress – Spiderman: Homecoming
- Nickelodeon Kid’s Choice Awards 2016 – Favorite Female TV Star – K.C. Undercover
- NAACP Image Awards 2022 – Outstanding Actress in a Motion Picture – Malcolm & Marie
- Critics’ Choice Movie Awards 2021 – Best Actress – Malcolm & Marie
- Black Reel Awards 2021 – Outstanding Actress – Malcolm & Marie
- Black Reel Awards 2021 – Outstanding Breakthrough Performance, Female – Malcolm & Marie
- MTV Movie & TV Awards 2021 – Best Performance in a Movie – Malcolm & Marie
- Satellite Awards 2021 – Best Actress in a Miniseries or Television Film – Euphoria Two-Part Special
- Critics’ Choice Television Awards 2020 – Best Actress in a Drama Series – Euphoria
- Nickelodeon Kid’s Choice Awards 2020 – Favorite Movie Actress – Spider-Man: Far from Home
- IGN Awards 2019 – Best Dramatic TV Performance – Euphoria
- Nickelodeon Kid’s Choice Awards 2019 – Favorite Female Voice from an Animated Movie – Smallfoot
- Nickelodeon Kid’s Choice Awards 2018 – Favorite Female TV Star – K.C. Undercover
- Saturn Awards 2018 – Best Performance by a Younger Actor – Spiderman: Homecoming
- Teen Choice Awards 2017 – Choice Breakout Movie Star – Spiderman: Homecoming
- Teen Choice Awards 2017 – Choice TV Actress Comedy – K.C. Undercover
- Teen Choice Awards 2016 – Choice Music R&B/Hip-Hop Song – Something New
- Teen Choice Awards 2015 – Choice TV Actress Comedy – K.C. Undercover
- NAACP Image Awards 2014 – Outstanding Performance by a Youth – Shake It Up
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2013 – Best Music Video – Fashion Is My Kryptonite
- Young Artist Awards 2013 – Outstanding Leading Young Actress in a TV Movie, Miniseries or Special – Frenemies
- Young Artist Awards 2012 – Outstanding Young Ensemble in a TV Series – Shake It Up
- Young Artist Awards 2012 – Outstanding Leading Young Actress in a TV Series – Shake It Up
- NAACP Image Awards 2012 – Outstanding Performance by a Youth – Shake It Up
- Young Artist Awards 2011 – Outstanding Young Ensemble in a TV Series – Shake It Up
“I want to show that you don’t have to be older to live your dreams; you can do it at any age”
“I just see me, an ordinary girl. I know my life is not typical, but I have tried to stay really grounded and true to myself. My family really helps me with that.”
“My generation has the opportunity to change the world.”
“I was actually supposed to be a basketball player, not an actress. My parents had me playing basketball on competitive teams when I was in kindergarten. Even though my heart belongs to the arts, I’m a tomboy at heart, too.”
“A, surround yourself by positive people who will help you reach your goal and support you. And B, go for it!”
“The secret to a really great friendship is just creating fun memories whenever you’re with that person.”
“I don’t mind if people look at me like I’m crazy. I’m just being me.”
“I love to entertain and make people laugh.”
“I try to be nice to everyone, because I have no clue what’s going on in their world.”
“I have standards I don’t plan on lowering for anybody… including myself.”
“It’s important to know when to take your time and not overspend and overdo things.”
“I’ve always learned how to deal with my problems through my words, through my education, and through my intelligence, which I think is important and the best way to deal with an issue.”
“I want young people to know there is no age limit to when they can start their own business or when they can become a boss.”
“I love hearing educated people speak and just shut everyone up… knowledge is always the loudest voice.”
“I’m one of those people who doesn’t follow trends. I set them.”
“I believe you should wear whatever you feel confident in.”
“It’s so hard for women to be happy for one another, like genuinely happy. Once you find that, you know you’ve found true self-happiness.”
“The best thing is to realize that you are who you are and you gotta work with what you got.”
“I like to find things in real life that let me get involved. Or if you need a break, go hang out with your family.”
“I think we are in a time where the youth play such a huge role. It’s up to us to go the extra mile to vote and raise our voices.”
“Determination. No matter what field you’re in, determination will surely get you to the top.”
“I would say my best decision I ever made was to pursue my dream and give it my all. Thankfully, I have not yet made really bad decisions, I’m the kind of person to play it on the safe side.”
“If you don’t try things and take risks, you don’t really grow and figure out what you want.”
“I think women are very powerful and I think we’re more powerful together than separated.”
“I use my platform for more than just myself. Art is a reflection of human emotions. To neglect the political is to neglect what essentially is your job of storytelling. I would rather be known for the content of my character than for the project that I did.”
“I’ve always dressed myself, even when I was younger. My parents didn’t pick out my clothes or anything. They let me do that, which I think is an important thing because it allows for kids to experiment and figure out what they like, even at a young age.”
“There are so many great things in life; why dwell on negativity?”
“I like to [unplug] and enjoy being a human.”
“I have a really strong passion for what I do. I don’t see myself doing anything else.”
“Money does not make you look expensive, it’s taste.”
“With anything, you have to approach from an educational, mature standpoint.”
“I’ve always been transparent in who I am as a person.”
“You have to experiment and that’s gonna help your confidence so much when you step out and try things.”
“I think my goal is not even with celebrities. I love celebrities, but my goal is to walk down the street and just see people wearing my stuff – that is the goal!”
“If I want to do something powerful or special, then I contact people I think are smart, educated, inspiring and I’ll say, “What are you doing? How can I help?”
“You can’t grow and gain confidence from wearing the same thing every day.”
“I was very inspired by working women, and also women who aren’t working yet!”
“I’m very proud of my skin and my face, and I have no problem not wearing makeup. I don’t wear makeup because I feel like I need to cover myself up or because I don’t feel confident. I wear makeup because it’s fun; it’s like painting on my face.”
“Nobody’s ugly, that doesn’t exist. I say, take the time to get to know who you are, take the time to love yourself, and everything will be all right.”
Who is Zendaya?
She is an American actress and singer.
Who is Zendaya’s real name?
Her real name is Zendaya Maree Stoermer Coleman.
What makes Zendaya famous?
She’s famous because of her acting works, such as in Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017), Euphoria (2019–present), The Greatest Showman (2017), and Dune (2021).
Where is Zendaya from?
She was born in Oakland, California, United States.
How old is Zendaya?
She was born in 1996, and she is 27 years old as of 2023.
When Zendaya celebrates her birthday?
She celebrates on the 1st of every September.
How tall is Zendaya?
Her height is 5’10” or 178 cm.
Who are Zendaya’s parents?
Her father’s name is Kazembe Ajamu Coleman and her mother’s name is Claire Stoermer.
Is Zendaya married?
No, she is currently unmarried. But she is in a relationship with Tom Holland.
Who is Zendaya’s ex-boyfriend?
Her ex-boyfriend is Jacob Elordi. Furthermore, she also used to be rumored to date Trevor Jackson and Odell Beckham Jr.
How rich is Zendaya?
Her net worth is around $20 million to $22 million.
What is Zendaya nationality?
Her nationality is American.
Zendaya is such a powerful performer. She is funny, humble, and always spreads fun everywhere she goes. Such a good role model, isn’t she?