Hybrid animal usually appears on urban legend or myth. For example, there is a dragon on chinese myth. An animal looks like a snake but can fly like a bird. Or Centaur from Greece myth. A horse with human body.
But do you know that hybrid animal is real? As a living things, we have a similarity with one and another.
Cat is look like a tiger but in a mini size and softer attitude. And horse or zebra, they have the same body but horse doesn’t have a stripe.
Those similarities lead to the crossbreeding and hybrid animal is the result.
Scientific progress make hybrid animal is no longer a myth or even photosoped. Here 14 hybrid animals who are real, they even better version from their ancestor.
1. Savannah cat is hybrid animal between wild African cat and domestic Siamese cat. Savannah cat has a dog-ability. It loves playing fetch and not afraid of water
2. Cama stands for Camel and Llama. In 1995, crossbreeding between those animal happened and first Cama came in 1998. Cama has a camel-ability which is holding thirst for a long time
3. American Cattle Farmer did crossbreeding between Cattalo Cow and bison. The result of this breeding is a big size cow called Beefalo. Beefalo’s meat has a good quality. It low fat and high protein
4. Toyger is a cat who has a stripe like a tiger. Toyger, has a larger body than usual cat. They also can live longer than regular cat
6. Narluga’s first discovery began from a hunter who saw unusual fish at West Greenland. That fish like a whale but not like an ordinary whale. After research, they found that fish is hybrid animal a result from crossbreeding between Narwhal and Beluga
7. Goat and sheep have many similarities. What if they are being breed? Geep is the answer. In 2014, Geep was born In Ireland
8. First Wholpins appeared in Hawai and named Kekaimalu. Wholphins is a crossbreeding between Whale and dolphin
9. Zorse is a result of crossbreeding between a male zebra and a mare. This hybrid animal is unique because it able to walk as soon as being born
10. Not all crossbreeding goes smoothly. A killer be is an example when crossbreeding goes wrong. At that time, scientists want to create a bee who can make a lot of honey than a regular bee. So they do an experiment between European honey bee and South Africa bee. The result is killer bee. Who is very aggressive and deaden
11. Tigon refers to tiger and lion. Tigon has a tendency of dwarfism, it because Tigon has growth inhobitor from female lion genes
12. Different with Tigon, Liger refers to lion and tiger. If Tigon is crossbreeding between male tiger and female lion. Liger is the opposite
13. As a hybrid animal, Zubron is strong animal and resistant with disease. So, as a farm animal Zubron is tough is every situasion
14. Coywolf has a both genes from it parents. Aggresive like wolf but affraid to approach residential area like Coyote
Human and science will always find a way to complete the future, to answer the challenge. The hybrid animal is one of a kind. It’s not always work well but mostly marvelous.