Being wise is not about getting old. You can have your wisdom through life lesson. When you are sad or when you are disappointed, you will find a wisdom of life.
Usually, that wisdom will make you realize your mistake, make you look back (not get back) and make you stronger and wiser.
Wisdom think usually come when you hear the song, simply accidentally read a quotes when you scroll an instagram, or after sharing your story with your friend.
Most of world greatest thinkers, always have a wisdom quotes. That wisdom quotes also come from their experience in life, either it’s a good thing or sad time.
From Siddharta Gautama to Aristotle, they have a life journey that make them discovering the meaning of life and make them wise.
If you want to be wise, you don’t need to be a great thinkers, just absorb their wisdom from their legacy. Either is a book or just simply a quotes.
Here 60 quotes from all the great thinkers that will make you as wise as them.
1. “Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” – Aristotle
2. “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.” – William Arthur Ward
3. “The greatest wealth is to live content with little.” – Plato
4. “Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” – John Lennon
5. “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is God’s gift, that’s why we call it the present.”- Joan Rivers
6. “Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one. “– Marcus Aurelius
7. “May you live every day of your life.” – Jonathan Swift
8. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.”- Judy Garland
9. “Slow and steady wins the race.”- Robert Lloyd
10. “Know how to listen and you will profit even from those who talk badly. – Plutarch
11. “The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them.” – Paulo Coelho
12. “Be happy. It’s one way of being wise.” – Sidonie Gabrielle Colette
13. “Do not say a little in many words but a great deal in few.” – Pythagoras
14. “By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” – Confucious
15. “It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters.” – Epictetus
16. “Knowledge is learning something every day. Wisdom is letting go of something every day. “ – Zen Proverb
17. “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” – Rumi
18. “If you’re not making mistakes, then you’re not doing anything. I’m positive that a doer makes mistakes.” – John Wooden
19. “While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.” – Benjamin Franklin
20. “Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.” – Lao Tzu
21. “If you want a thing done well, do it yourself.”- Napoleon Bonaparte
22. “If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart. “– Nelson Mandela
23. “Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.”
―Roy T. Bennett,
24. “Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.- Henry Ford
25. “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. “– Mark Twain
26. “The desire to reach for the stars is ambitious. The desire to reach hearts is wise.”
27. “Knowledge is proud that it knows so much; wisdom is humble that it knows no more.” – William Cowper
28. “Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it. “– Albert Einstein
29. “Never, never, never give in!” – Winston S. Churchill
30. “Honesty is the best policy.”- Benjamin Franklin
31. “This being human is a guest house. Every morning is a new arrival. A joy, a depression, a meanness, some momentary awareness comes as an unexpected visitor. Welcome and entertain them all. Treat each guest honorably. The dark thought, the shame, the malice, meet them at the door laughing, and invite them in. Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond.” – Rumi
32. “Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
33.” A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks he becomes.” – Mahatma Gandhi
34. “Risks must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.” – Leo F. Buscaglia
35. “Suffering is one of life’s great teachers.”- Bryant H. McGill
36. “Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others.
Unsuccessful people are always asking, “What’s in it for me?”- Brian Tracy
37. “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” – Albert Einstein
38. “If you’re walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually you’ll make progress. “- Barack Obama
39. “Into the darkness they go, the wise and the lovely. ” – Edna St. Vincent Millay
40. “Wear a smile and have friends; wear a scowl and have wrinkles.” – George Eliot
41. “Live simply so others may simply live. “– Mother Teresa
42. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door”- Milton Berle
43. “When a thing is done, it’s done. Don’t look back. Look forward to your next objective.”-
George C. Marshall
44. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
45. “Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.” – Alfred Lord Tennyson
46. “Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men.” – Confucius
47.” The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
48. “We don’t receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us.” – Marcel Proust
49. “You will not be punished for your anger; you will be punished by your anger.” -mSiddhārtha Gautama
50. “Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness.” – Sophocles
51. “Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.” – Steve Jobs
52. “Strong characters are brought out by change of situation, and gentle ones by permanence.” – Jean Paul
53. “The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.” – Leo Tolstoy
54. “You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself.”- Galileo
55. “Repeat anything often enough and it will start to become you.” – Tom Hopkins
56.“When you make a choice, you change the future.” – Deepak Chopra
57. “The three great essentials to achieve anything worth while are: Hard work, Stick-to-itiveness, and Common sense. ” – Thomas A. Edison
58. “Once you have made up your mind, stick to it; there no longer any ‘if’ or ‘but’. – Napoleon Bonaparte
59. “Look twice before you leap.” – Charlotte Bronte
60.“I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” – Muhammad Ali
Read more: 50 Ronald Reagan Quotes About American Dream
Don’t just read these quotes, go spread it and more important, absorb it and make them as on of the your motto.