Military Quotes – When it comes to the military, as we all know. In a country, there must be an explanation of the greatness and strength of the military.
Billionaire in a country, not only about war. But with the presence of military power, it can protect, defend, provide comfort and also protect, and protect a country.
Broadly speaking, the military is the armed forces of a country and everything related to the armed forces.
Another word for military is army or armed forces. The military usually consists of soldiers or soldiers.
Another word that is closely related to the military is militarism, which means more or less assertive, rigid, aggressive and authoritarian “military-like” behavior. Even though the culprit could be a civilian leader.
Because the task environment is mainly on the battlefield, the military is indeed trained and required to be firm and disciplined.
In military life, a clear hierarchy is required and the superiors must be able to act decisively and boldly because the armed forces are led.
In the present, the military is said to be a form of nurturing and protecting a country.
To maintain and also defend a country in terms of the credibility and sovereignty of a country.
This side makes the military have an important role in protecting and defending the country.
Not infrequently, the military carries a heavy task and great responsibility in carrying out its duties.
For that, we will share quotes that describe the struggle of a military figure who has a big responsibility in defending his country that inspires and motivates.
For that, the following 100 military quotes give us inspiration about the military world and describe the figure of a formidable warrior in it.
Military Quotes For All Tough Warrior Who Inspires
1. “It is fatal to enter a war without the will to win it.” – Douglas MacArthur
2. “The patriot’s blood is the seed of Freedom’s tree.” – Thomas Campbell
3. “The military don’t start wars. Politicians start wars.” – William Westmoreland
4. “In war there is no substitute for victory.” – Douglas MacArthur
5. “Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.” – Winston Churchill
6. “In war, there are no unwounded soldiers.” – Jose Narosky
7. “Without heroes, we are all plain people and don’t know how far we can go.” – Bernard Malamud
8. “Military power wins battles, but spiritual power wins wars.” – George C. Marshall
9. “In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
10. “The only things those people have that you don’t is guts. Do you wanna live forever?” – Merritt A. Edson
11. “War means fighting, and fighting means killing.” – Nathan Bedford Forrest
12. “Once we have a war there is only one thing to do. It must be won. For defeat brings worse things than any that can ever happen in war.” – Ernest Hemingway
13. “People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” – George Orwell
14. “If you wage war, do it energetically and with severity. This is the only way to make it shorter and consequently less inhuman.” – Napoléon Bonaparte
15. “I respect every soldier, from every country, who serves beside us in the hard work of history. America is grateful, and America will not forget.” – George W. Bush
16. “To be prepared against surprise is to be trained. To be prepared for surprise is to be educated.” – James Carse
17. “The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding go out to meet it.” – Thucydides
18. “How can men boast that they control their own destiny when they cannot solve the problems of war?” – Billy Graham
19. “True courage is being afraid, and going ahead and doing your job.” – Norman Schwarzkopf, Jr
20. “The hand of the aggressor is stayed by strength and strength alone.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
21. “I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country.” – Nathan Hale
22. “Could I have but a line a century hence crediting a contribution to the advance of peace, I would gladly yield every honor which has been accorded me in war.” – Douglas MacArthur
23. “It is long since I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value.” – Alexander Hamilton
24. “Modern war is the most highly developed of all sciences. We have perfected our weapons but failed to perfect the men who use them.” – Billy Graham
25. “They’ve got us surrounded — the poor bastards.” – An unnamed medic
26. “He loves his country best who strives to make it best.” – Robert G. Ingersoll
27. “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” – Elmer Davis
28. “What is at a peak is certain to decline. He who shows his hand will certainly be defeated. He who can prevail in battle by taking advantage of his enemy’s doubts is invincible.” – Cao Cao
29. “May the sun in his course visit no land more free, more happy, more lovely, than this our own country!” – Sen. Daniel Webster
30. “On the battlefield, the military pledges to leave no soldier behind. As a nation, let it be our pledge that when they return home, we leave no veteran behind.” – Dan Lipinski
31. “If you can’t experience the humanity of people who don’t look like you, you’re not civilized enough to be an officer of the peace.” – Ann Medlock
32. “Two out of every three professional officers considered that wars were made for armies and not armies for wars.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
33. “We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.” – Cynthia Ozick
34. “Surprise is an event that occurs in the mind of an enemy commander.” – Jerry Pournelle
35. “If a man hasn’t discovered something that he will die for, he isn’t fit to live.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
36. “To command is to serve, nothing more and nothing less.” – Andre Malraux
37. “Fortune favors the brave.” – Terence
38. “We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf.”- George Orwell
39. “Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.” – Alexander Hamilton
40. ”Heroism doesn’t always happen in a burst of glory. Sometimes small triumphs and large hearts change the course of history.”- Mary Roach
41. ”Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.” – Douglas MacArthur
42. ”Only our individual faith in freedom can keep us free.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
43. ”I don’t know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me.” – The Duke of Wellington
44. ”If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn’t plan your mission properly.” – David Hackworth
45. “People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” – Richard Grenier
46. “Live for something rather than die for nothing.” – General George S. Patton
47. “Never forget that no military leader has ever become great without audacity.” – Carl von Clausewitz
48. “A ship without Marines is like a garment without buttons.” – Admiral David D. Porter
49. “In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless but planning is indispensable.” – President Dwight D. Eisenhower
50. “A person cannot be a Marine without honor.” – General Carl Epting Mundy, Jr.
51. “Americans never quit.” – General Douglas MacArthur
52. “Soldiers can sometimes make decisions that are smarter than the orders they have been given.” – Orson Scott Card, Enders Game
53. “I am not afraid of an Army of lions lead by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep lead by a lion.” – Alexander the Great
54. “The Army is the true nobility of our country.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
55. “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.” – Albert Einstein
56. “Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” – Benjamin Franklin
56. “This will remain the land of the free so long as it is the home of the brave.” -Elmer Davis
57. “Word to the Nation: Guard zealously your right to serve in the Armed Forces, for without them, there will be no other rights to guard.” – John F. Kennedy
58. “The brave die never, though they sleep in dust: Their courage nerves a thousand living men.” – Minot J. Savage
59. “If there is not the war, you don’t get the great general; if there is not a great occasion, you don’t get a great statesman; if Lincoln had lived in a time of peace, no one would have known his name.” – Theodore Roosevelt
60. “Bravery is being the only one who knows you’re afraid.” – Colonel David Hackworth
61. “The objective of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.” – George Patton
62. “The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.” – William Arthur Ward
63. “I can’t see how a single man could spend his time to better advantage than in the Marines.” – Sergeant Major Daniel Joseph
64. “A pint of sweat will save a gallon of blood.” – General George Smith Patton, Jr.
65. “A good Navy is not a provocation to war. It is the surest guaranty of peace.” – President Theodore Roosevelt
66. “It is not enough to fight. It is the spirit which we bring to the fight that decides the issue. It is morale that wins the victory.” – General George Catlett Marshall
67. “We have met the enemy and they are ours.” – Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry
68. “Any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: ‘I served in the United States Navy.” – John F. Kennedy
69. “From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots.” – Thomas Jefferson
70. “Discipline is the soul of an army. It makes small numbers formidable; procures success to the weak, and esteem to all.” – George Washington
71. “Brave men rejoice in adversity, just as brave soldiers triumph in war.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
72. “The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.” – Thomas Paine
73. “America without her Soldiers would be like God without His angels.” – Claudia Pemberton
74. “War is the greatest evil Satan has invented to corrupt our hearts and souls. We should honor our soldiers, but we should never honor war.”- Dean Hughes
75. “A safe army is better than a safe border”- B.R. Ambedkar
76. “We live in a world that has walls and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns.”- Aaron Sorkin
77. “No man is a man until he has been a soldier.”- Louis de Bernières
78. ”No guts, no glory.” – Major Gen. Frederick C. Blesse
79. ”This country has not seen and probably will never know the true level of sacrifice of our veterans”. As a civilian, I owe an unpayable debt to all our military. Going forward let’s not send our servicemen and women off to war or conflict zones unless it is overwhelmingly justifiable and on moral high ground.”- Thomas M Smith
80. “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn’t even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”- Heraclitus
81. “It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived.”- George S. Patton Jr.
82. “Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never in nothing, great or small, large or petty never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense.” – Winston Churchill
83. “Who dares, wins. Who sweats, wins. Who plans, wins.” – British Special Air Service (SAS)
84. “Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste death but once.” – William Shakespeare
85. “The soldier is the Army. No army is better than its soldiers. The Soldier is also a citizen. In fact, the highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms for one’s country”- George S. Patton Jr.
86. “What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.”- President Dwight D. Eisenhower
87. “I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: ‘I served in the United States Navy.”- John F. Kennedy
88. “It is a proud privilege to be a soldier – a good soldier … [with] discipline, self-respect, pride in his unit and his country, a high sense of duty and obligation to comrades and to his superiors, and a self-confidence born of demonstrated ability.” – George S. Patton Jr.
89. “These fallen heroes represent the character of a nation who has a long history of patriotism and honor – and a nation who has fought many battles to keep our country free from threats of terror.” – Michael N. Castle
90. “It would be a joke if the conduct of the victor had to be justified to the vanquished.” – Napoléon Bonaparte
91. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, learning from failure.” – Colin Powell
92. “No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy.” – Helmuth von Moltke
93. “A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.”- Joseph Campbell
94. “No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he be vigilant in its preservation.”- Gen. Douglas MacArthur
95. “True patriotism isn’t cheap. It’s about taking on a fair share of the burden of keeping America going.” – Robert Reich
96. “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” – John Quincy Adams
97. “How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!” – Maya Angelou
98. “The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.” – Kim Jong-un
99. “We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.” – Winston S. Churchill
100. “It doesn’t take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle.” – General H. Norman Schwarzkopf
These 100 military quotes describe the side of the struggle and the part of military responsibility that inspires. We hope you can learn from it and inspire it.