Alica Schmidt began her career as a runner at MTV Ingolstadt. She has been participating in 200 meters, 400 meters, and 800 meters running events.
She started competing in 400 meters hurdles events in 2018. She came second in the 200 meters event at the U-20 German Championship.
She is also part of the German team who participated in the 2017 European Athletics U-20 Championship that competed in the 4×400 meters relays and finished second.
She is also part of the German team who participated at the same event at the 2019 German Athletics Championships.
She competed alongside German squad at the 2021 European Athletics Indoor Championships in the 4×400 meters relays.
Else than her athletic career, she was selected as Borussia Dortmund’s fitness coach for the 2020-21 Bundesliga season.
- Real Name: Alica Megan Schmidt
- Stage Name: Alica Schmidt
- Nickname: Alica
- Birthday: November 8, 1998
- Birthplace: Worms, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Nationality: German
- Height: 175 cm (5’9″)
- Weight: 55 kg (121 lbs)
- Blood Type:
- Religion: Christianity
- Profession: Runner
- Education: Applied Sciences, Fresenius University
- Hobbies: Shopping, Meeting New People, Eating Outside, Traveling
- Parents: –
- Sibling: –
- Boyfriend: Fredi Richter
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @alicasmd
- Tiktok: @alicaschmidt
- Youtube: Alica Schmidt Official
- There’s no detailed information about her parents nor her sibling. She is presumably the only child in her family.
- She has a passion for motorsports and was invited to the Deutsche Tourewagen Masters by Mercedes Benz in 2018.
- She has gone viral because of the photo she uploaded on her social media which gained much attention.
- An Australian magazine, Busted Coverage named her as the Sexiest Athlete in the World, but rather than labeled the sexiest, she said sport should be the priority.
- She has Youtube channel with the first video title Running Motivation on her channel.
- When she was at school, she participated in many sports even and continues to do so in college.
- She married a German bodybuilder, Fredi Richter, whom she dated for more than three years.
- She was selected to represent Germany at Tokyo Olympics.
- She is also a model and often posts her workout videos on social media as well as her keen interest in healthy eating habits and wellness.
- She was approached by Playboy magazine to do the photoshoot, but she declined the offer.
- Her ideal type is…
- Her net worth is around $1 million.
- Wer weiß denn sowas? (1 episode, 2022)
- Ein Herz für Kinder (1 episode, 2021)
- Meine Geschichte (1 episode, 2021)
- Frühstücksfernsehen (1 episode, 2018)
- Bronze Medal 4x400m relay U23 European Championship
- Silver Medal 4x400m relay U20 European Championship
“I do not know why I got this title. Sport comes clearly first. There are thousands of girls on Instagram who look good but having many fans doesn’t make you interesting. That’s just competitive sport for me.”
“I’ve worked so hard and made many sacrifices to get to run in Munich in front of a home crowd. To achieve this goal now is the best feeling ever and I’m beyond happy. Cheers to the most special race of my career so far. Can’t wait.”
“There are always people who judge you. That’s part of the game and I’m happy that I have so many supporters along the way. I’m so, so grateful for that.”
“I wanted to keep something private like my family and friends.”
“I don’t feel like I have to prove anything to anyone.”
“It was kind of weird then to post something on social media because so many people are watching it,”
“It’s good for all us athletes to be active on social media in order to get sponsors”
“It’s not easy, especially in Germany to live from athletics. So a lot of athletes have to do another job to live from that and do the training. And yeah that’s a great thing to do a social media on the side so you can get some more sponsors.”
“I think you just have to let the people talk whenever they want to”
“I just want to prove myself that I’m worth it. And I know that I work so hard for that, I know what I’m capable of and that I haven’t showed everything yet.”
She attended sport events since she was in school and kept to it up to college, balancing out between her career in sport and her education.