Helen Keller Quotes – On the age of 19 months, Helen Keller become blind and deaf after suffering with high fever. On that time, the disease is undiagnosed but the possibility it may be Rubella or scarlet fever.
Her mother realize that Helen is blind and deaf, when Helen gives no reaction when the dinner bell is ringing and she doesn’t see the waving hand in front of her face.
Since that, Helen had a tough time during her growth and development. But, Helen doesn’t walk alone during this storm.
She has a little help from helper’s daughter to create a simple form of communication.
Helen’s weakness doesn’t stop her to learn and create something. She keep studying even writing a book. Helen is graduated with cum laude in Bachelor of Arts when she was 24 years old.
And she became the first difabel who got that title. Not only in education, Helen Keller also become the first difabel that become a writer, activist, and lecturer.
She known as a huge power that advocate difabel people. Helen Keller dead at 88 years old.
These 55 Helen Keller quotes will make you don’t believe that Helen Keller is a woman with different ability. She is just that brilliant.
Read also: 60 Wisdom Quotes That Will Make You Stronger
Helen Keller Quotes Will Make See and Hear More
1. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.”
2. “Until the great mass of the people shall be filled with the sense of responsibility for each others welfare, social justice can never be attained.”
3. “The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight but no vision.”
4. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much”
5. “Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.”
6. “Great poetry needs no interpreter other than a responsive heart.”
7. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved.”
8. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”
9. “True happiness… is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.”
10. “There is no better way to thank God for your sight than by giving a helping hand to someone in the dark.”
11. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens;, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”
12. “What we once enjoyed and deeply loved we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us.”
13. “What I am looking for is not out there, it is in me.”
14. “We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world.”
15. “The highest result of education is tolerance.”
16. “If we do not like our work, and do not try to get happiness out of it, we are a menace to our profession as well as to ourselves.”
17. “People don’t like to think, if one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are not always pleasant.”
18.“Ideas without action are useless.”
19. “True teaching cannot be learned from text-books any more than a surgeon can acquire his skill by reading about surgery.”
20. “Life is short and unpredictable. Eat the dessert first.”
21. “Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.”
22. “All the world is full of suffering. It is also full of overcoming.”
23. “It’s wonderful to climb the liquid mountains of the sky. Behind me and before me is God and I have no fears.”
24. “I take happiness very seriously. It is a creed, a philosophy and an objective.”
25. “True friends never apart maybe in distance but never in heart.”
26. “A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.”
27. “Education should train the child to use his brains, to make for himself a place in the world and maintain his rights even when it seems that society would shove him into the scrap-heap.”
28. “What a blind person needs is not a teacher but another self.”
29. “We can do anything we want as long as we stick to it long enough.”
30. “The place between your comfort zone and your dream is where life takes place.”
31. “People do not like to think. If one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are not always pleasant.”
32. “I am only one, but still I am one.I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.”
33. “It all comes to this: the simplest way to be happy is to do good.”
34. “A well-educated mind will always have more questions than answers.”
35. “There is beauty in everything, even in silence and darkness.”
36. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find a joy in overcoming obstacles.
37. “When you lose your vision, you lose contact with things. When you lose your hearing, you lose contact with people.”
38. Every child has a right to be well-born, well-nurtured and well-taught, and only the freedom of woman can guarantee him this right.”
39.“Do not think of today’s failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow.”
40. “I believe there are angels among us, sent down to us from somewhere up above. They come to you and me in our darkest hours, to show us how to live, to teach us how to give, to guide us with a light of love.”
41. “Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into light.”
42. “So long as you can sweeten another’s pain, life is not in vain.”
43. “Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never do anything good in the world.”
44. “Four things to learn in life: To think clearly without hurry or confusion; To love everybody sincerely; To act in everything with the highest motives; To trust God unhesitatingly.”
45. “We should respect all people.”
46. “College isn’t the place to go for ideas.”
47. “The best things in life are unseen, thats why we close our eyes when we kiss, cry, and dream.”
48. “I thank God for my handicaps. For through them, I have found myself, my work and my God.
49. “A good education is a stepping-stone to wealth.”
50. “Making a mistake is falling down; failure is not getting up again.”
51. “Your success and happiness lie in you.”
52. “Fear: the best way out is through.”
53. “My friends have made the story of my life. In a thousand ways they have turned my limitations into beautiful privileges.”
54. “Literature is my Utopia.”
55. “I have made my limitations tools of learning and true joy.”
Read also: 60 Knock Knock Jokes Which Make Your Child Sleepover Fun
If Helen Keller, can have those big vision of life with all of her limitations, you who have a normal body, you can achieve more!