Kim Hye Soo made her debut in the acting industry back in 1986, when she acted in Ggambo while she was just a high school student.
This senior Virgo actress then continued her career and successfully built a strong fundamental acting career for over 20 years, such as her role in First Love (1993), Revenge and Passion (1997), Tie a Yellow Ribbon (1998), and Did We Really Love? (1999).
Starting in the 2000s, Hye Soo then finally appeared more often on the silver screen, such as her role in Kick the Moon (2001), YMCA Baseball Team (2002), and also Three (2002).
Two years later, after she appeared on those movies, she gained an image as a confident and bold woman in several movies, such as Hypnotized in 2004, The Red Shoes in 2005, and also Tazza: The High Rollers in 2006.
Her appearance in Tazza later led her into receiving a lot of awards, such as Best Actress Award for the 14th Chunsa Film Art Awards and Popular Star Award for the 27th Blue Dragon Film Awards.
She came back to television series in 2009, when she starred in Style and appeared in the set of the fashion industry.
After six years, Tazza then worked together again with the director of Tazza, Choi Dong Hoon, in The Thieves (2012).
In a short time, that movie became the second highest grosser for the Korean movie industry.
Later, Hye Soo then joined various serial dramas, such as The Queen of Office (2013), Coin Locker Girl (2015), and Signal (2016).
Even though she got the small-screen on Signal, she successfully hypnotized the mass and winning as the Best Actress for the 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards.
After that, she then continued her career by appearing in Dr. Romantic (2016), Hyena (2020), and also Juvenile Justice (2022).
Read also: Ji Yi Soo – Biography, Profile, Facts, Family & Life Story
- Real Name: Kim Hye Soo (김혜수)
- Stage Name: Kim Hye Soo (김혜수)
- Nickname: Hye Soo
- Birthday: September 5, 1970
- Birthplace: Busan, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Nationality: South Korean
- Height: 170 cm (5’6″)
- Weight: 50 kg (110 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: Buddhism
- Profession: Actress
- Education: Dongguk University, Sungkyunkwan University Graduate School
- Hobbies: Reading, Watching movies, Collecting photo books
- Parents: Kim Hyeon Suk
- Siblings: Kim Dong Hyun (brother), Kim Dong Hee (brother), Kim Hye Sung (sister)
- Boyfriend: Yoo Hae Jin (2008-2011)
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @hs_kim_95
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
- Hye Soo once displayed her art for the Seoul Open Art Fair.
- In that art exhibition, her paintings was sold for approximately 5 million won.
- From the income, Hye Soo then donated her money for charity.
- She once became an adjunct professor for Sungkyunkwan University and taught performing arts in 2001.
- Hye Soo revealed that she had plagiarized the thesis of her master, A Study on Actor Communication, in 2013, and apologized for her past actions.
- She is a part of Hodu&U Entertainment.
- Her brothers, Dong Hyun and Dong Hee, work as an actor.
- When Hye Soo was still an elementary school, she and her family moved to Seoul.
- She had a dream to be a back dancer of Madonna.
- She loves to doing sport in her spare time.
- Hye Soo’s favorite sports are taekwondo, swimming, bowling, and also tennis.
- Her favorite song is Bob Dylan’s One More Cup of Coffee.
- Hye Soo is really an art enthusiast.
- She loves to paint so much.
- Vincent van Gogh is her favorite painter.
- Hye Soo’s favorite book is Heike Faller’s Hundred What You Learn in A Lifetime.
- Hye Soo has a close friendship with actress Go Min Si.
- She loves various works of Stanley Kubrick.
- Hye Soo once recommended the movie of Jo In Sung, Mogadishu.
- She likes The Beatles, Deep Purple, The Rolling Stones, and so on.
- She loves to collect vinyls of her favorite artists.
- Hye Soo idolizes various Hollywood stars, such as Timothée Chalamet, Lady Gaga, Jack Nicholson, Ezra Miller, Tilda Swinton, and also Matthew McConaughey.
- Her ideal type is…
- Her net worth is around $2 million.
Read also: Kang Shin Hyo – Biography, Profile, Facts, Family & Life Story
- Smuggling (2022)
- The Day I Died: Unclosed Case (2020), as Kim Hyun Soo
- Default (2018), as Han Shi Hyun
- A Special Lady (2017), as Na Hyun Jung
- Familyhood (2016), as Joo Yeon
- Coin Locker Girl (2015), as mother
- Ari Ari the Korean Cinema (2012), as Kim Hye Soo
- The Face Reader (2013), as Yeon Hong
- The Thieves (2012), as Pepsee
- Villain and Widow (2010), as Hyun Joo
- Forgiveness (2008), as narrator
- Modern Boy (2008), as Jo Nan Shil
- My 11th Mother (2007), as mother
- Skeletons In The Closet (2007), as Mi Kyung (aunt)
- A Good Day to Have an Affair (2007), as Dew
- Tazza: The High Rollers (2006), as Madam Jung
- The Red Shoes (2005), as Sun Jae
- Hypnotized (2004), as Ji Su
- YMCA Baseball Team (2002), as Min Jung Rim
- Three (2002), as wife
- Kick the Moon (2001) – Min, Ju Ran
- Doctor K (1999), as Dr. Pyo Ji Soo
- Too Tired to Die (1998), as Anouk
- Tie a Yellow Ribbon (1998), as Chae Young
- Mr. Condom (1997), as Sung Hee
- Change (1997), as Ko Eun Bi
- Dr. Bong (1995), as Hwang Yeo Shin
- Bitter and Sweet (1995), as Kim Hye Soo
- The Eternal Empire (1995), as as Yoon Sang Ah
- Life and Death of the Hollywood Kid (1994), as cameo
- First Love (1993),as Park Young Shin
- Oseam (1990), as Sister Angela
- Grown-ups Just Don’t Understand (1988), as Yu Ra
- That Last Winter (1988), as Young Ae
- My Daughter Saved from the Mire, Part II (1986), as Yu Ri
- Ggambo (1986), as Nayoung
- Juvenile Justice (Netflix | 2022), as Sim Eun Seok
- Hyena (SBS | 2020), as Jung Geum Ja / Jung Eun Yeong
- Dr. Romantic (SBS | 2016-2017), as Lee Young Jo
- Signal (tvN | 2016), as Cha Soo Hyun
- The Queen of Office (KBS2 | 2013), as Miss Kim
- Flower Boy Ramen Shop (tvN | 2011), as tarot fortuneteller (cameo)
- Home Sweet Home (MBC | 2010), as Kim Jin Seo
- Style (SBS | 2009), as Park Ki Ja
- Han River Ballad (MBC | 2004), as Yoon Ga Young
- Jang Hee-bin (KBS2 | 2002-2003), as Jang Hee Bin
- Golden Era (MBC | 2000), as Kim/Choi Hee Kyung
- Kuk-hee (MBC | 1999), as Min Kuk Hee
- Did We Really Love? (MBC | 1999), as Lee Shin Young
- Revenge and Passion (MBC | 1997), as Jung Mi Kyung
- Sakwa Kkot Hyangki (MBC | 1996), as Sun Ju
- Basics of Love (MBC | 1995), as Il Young
- Love and Marriage (MBC | 1995), as Seo Ye Hee
- Partner (MBC | 1994-1998), as Cha Hae Soon
- Tokkaebiga Ganda (SBS | 1994), as Choi In Young
- Rosy Life (MBC | 1991), as Chae Jung Seo
- Fun World (MBC | 1990), as Seo Byung Sook
- Senoya (KBS2 | 1989), as Kang Jung Ae
- Sun Shim-lee (KBS2 | 1988), as Sun Shim Yi
- Samogok (KBS2 | 1987), as Bo Wook
- Best Selling Theater – Doll’s Classroom (MBC | 1986), as Oh Hye Sook
- Love is (2013) – The Queen of Office OST
- 개여울 (2008) – Modern Boy OST
- Blues of Colors (2008) – Modern Boy OST
- Why Don’t You Do Right? (2008) – Modern Boy OST
- Blue Dragon Film Awards 2021 – Best Leading Actress (The Day I Died: Unclosed Case) – Nominated
- Baeksang Arts Awards 2021 – Best Film Actress (The Day I Died: Unclosed Case) – Nominated
- Asia Contents Awards 2020 – Excellence Award (Hyena) – Won
- KOFRA Film Awards 2019 – Jury Award (Default) – Won
- tvN10 Awards 2016 – Best Actress (Signal) – Won
- Baeksang Arts Awards 2016 – Best Actress (Signal) – Won
- Korean Association of Film Critics Awards 2015 – Best Actress (Coin Locker Girl) – Won
- KBS Drama Awards 2013 – Top Excellence Award, Actress (The Queen of Office) – Nominated
- Korean Culture and Entertainment Awards 2012 – Best Actress (The Thieves) – Won
- SBS Drama Awards 2009 – Top 10 Stars (Style) – Won
- Korea Movie Star Awards 2007 – Best Actress (Tazza) – Won
- Chunsa Film Art Awards 2004 – Best Actress (Hypnotized) – Won
- MBC Drama Awards 1995 – Top Excellence Award, Actress (Partner) – Won
- Blue Dragon Film Awards 1993 – Best Leading Actress (First Love) – Won
- MBC Drama Awards 1991 – Excellence Award, Actress (Rosy Life) – Nominated
- Baeksang Arts Awards 1987 – Best New Film Actress (Ggambo) – Won
As a senior actress with a lot of achievements and on-screen time, undoubtedly, Kim Hye Soo is such a master of role models. She is very talented, hard-worker, and humble.