Kim So Jin started her career back in 2004 when she initially appeared in some short movies.
She made her first acting project for a short film called Independent Film Maker’s Project
To Abolish The National Security Law (2004).
After that, this bold actress continue her appearance for other short movies, such as If You Were Me (2006), Hey Man (2006), and Seri & Harr (2009).
One year later, So Jin then finally was trusted to make her official debut in the acting industry when she acted in the 2010 movie, Haunters, as a guest role named Miss Lee.
Three years later, she appeared again in The Terror Live. This time, she got more screen-time as a supporting role.
So Jin got her first role in the acting industry when she acted in See, Beethoven (2014).
In 2016, she debuted in the TV series by appearing as a supporting character for a K-Drama called Marriage Contract.
One year later, in 2017, So Jin made an appearance again for several movies. Those movies are The King, New Trial, and I Can Speak.
Those projects were then followed by The Drug King (2018), Another Child (2019), The Man Standing Next (2020), and Spring Song (2022).
And finally, after a long time, So Jin is back to another TV series as a female lead for Through the Darkness (2022) alongside Kim Nam Gil.
- Real Name: Kim So Jin (김소진)
- Stage Name: Kim So Jin (김소진)
- Nickname: –
- Birthday: December 12, 1979
- Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Nationality: South Korean
- Height: –
- Weight: –
- Blood Type: –
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actress
- Education: Chung-Ang University (Department of Theater), Korea National University of Arts (Fine Arts)
- Hobbies: –
- Parents: –
- Sibling: –
- Boyfriend: –
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: –
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
- She is a part of Trans-Dimensional Stageship.
- After being born in Seoul, So Jin moved to another region, Inje, Gangwon-do.
- She moved to Inje when she was just a kindergarten student until she became a high school student.
- So Jin has a strong vibe when it comes to beauty.
- She said that one thing that she needs to act boldly is to believe in herself.
- Based on So Jin’s opinion, people will lose direction quickly if they listen to the words more than do the act.
- One of her movies, Emergency Declaration, has been postponed because of the peak of COVID-19 in South Korea, even though initially the release schedule was in January 2022.
- Her ideal type is…
- Emergency Declaration (2022), as Hee Jin
- The Man Standing Next (2020), as Debra Shim
- Another Child (2019), as Mi Hee
- The Spy Gone North (2018), as Han Chang Joo’s wife
- The Drug King (2018), as Sung Sook Kyung
- I Can Speak (2017), as Geum Joo
- New Trial (2017), as Kang Hyo Jin
- The King (2017), as Ahn Hee Yeon
- The Sound of a Flower (2015), as Jin Chae Sun’s mother
- My Brilliant Life (2014), as Photographer Kim
- The Chosen: Forbidden Cave (2015), as Soo Hye
- The Divine Move (2014), as Young Sook
- No Tears for the Dead (2014), as Mi Jin
- See, Beethoven (2014), as Ha Jin
- The Terror Live (2013), as Lee Ji Soo (Yoon Young Hwa’s ex wife)
- Quick (2011), as manager team leader
- Officer of the Year (2011), as female police officer in Mapo, Seoul
- Haunters (2010), as Miss Lee
- Through the Darkness (SBS | 2022), as Yoon Tae Goo
- Marriage Contract (MBC | 2016), as Hwang Joo Yeon
- Best Supporting Actress 2017 – (38th) Blue Dragon Film Awards (The King)
- Best Supporting Actress 2017 – (54th) Daejong Film Awards (The King)
- Best Supporting Actress 2017 – (53rd) BaekSang Arts Awards (The King)
The majority of people recognized her amazing acting talent in the movies, but after seeing her breakthrough, it’s obvious that she would be amazing too when appearing in the drama series.