Kim Tae Ri started her career in the acting industry professionally after she graduated from college, but initially, she already was involved in various theater projects.
Starting from 2012 to 2013, this cat lover was busy with theater technical jobs and various short movies projects.
After working hard in the theatre industry, she got a job to be a CF model for The Body Shop in 2014.
Two years later, Tae Ri made her official debut in a movie called The Handmaiden (2016), a movie masterpiece by Park Chan Woo.
For that movie, she successfully beat other 1.500 applicants who auditioned for her role in the movie and started to get popularity in the entertainment industry.
Tae Ri’s name then was very famous after she starred Mr. Sunshine (2018) alongside Lee Byung Hun.
But after filming that drama, she decided to study abroad for approximately half a year and took a break from the acting industry.
In 2022, Tae Ri comes back to star a drama, Twenty-Five Twenty-One with the Start-Up star, Nam Joo Hyuk.
- Real Name: Kim Tae Ri (김태리)
- Stage Name: Kim Tae Ri (김태리)
- Nickname: Tae Ri
- Birthday: April 24, 1990
- Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Nationality: South Korean
- Height: 166 cm (5’5″)
- Weight: 46 kg (101 lbs)
- Blood Type: B
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actress, Model
- Education: Youngshin Nursing Business High School, Kyung Hee University (Department of Journalism and Broadcasting)
- Hobbies: Playing video games, Drawing
- Parents: –
- Sibling: –
- Boyfriend: –
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @kimtaeri_official
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
- Tae Ri already wanted to be an actress when she was in the second year during college years.
- She once joined a theatre club at her college.
- Tae Ri also once became a technical crew for a theatre troupe in Daehakro.
- Tae Ri really loves cat.
- She has two cats that she loves the most.
- From her own perspective, she doesn’t think that she’s such a strong person.
- She would like to be together with someone who is able to love her unconditionally.
- Tae Ri was raised by her grandmother.
- She loves to draw in her spare time.
- Actually, she doesn’t like cooking.
- She enjoys drinking wine.
- Tae Ri is an independent person.
- She revealed that actually her hobbies can change frequently because she has low patience.
- She also said that she needs some free time to be an efficient person.
- Tae Ri said that she would become a non-actress if she didn’t get a job in the acting industry.
- She once got a chance to read 50 Korean Literature for a certain audiobook.
- Initially, she also had a dream to be an announcer.
- She loves fangirling.
- She idolizes BTS.
- When speaking to people older than her, she struggles to speak informally to them.
- Her ideal type is an animal lover and funny, and also has similar style of communication.
- Space Sweepers (2021), as Captain Jang
- Little Forest (2018), as Song Hye Won
- 1987: When the Day Comes (2017), as Yeon Hee
- Moon Young (2017), as Moon Young
- The Handmaiden (2016), as Sook Hee
- Twenty-Five Twenty-One (tvN | 2022), Na Hee Do
- Mr. Sunshine (tvN | 2018), as Go Ae Shin
- Entourage (tvN | 2016), as herself
- MMTG (SBS | 2018), as guest
- APAN Arts Awards 2018 – Best New Actress – Mr. Sunshine
- Asian Film Awards 2017 – Best Newcomer –The Handmaiden
- Blue Dragon Film Awards 2016 – Best New Actress – The Handmaiden
- Baeksang Arts Awards 2019 – Best TV Actress – Mr. Sunshine
- The Seoul Awards 2018 – Best New Actress – Little Forest
- Baeksang Arts Awards 2018 – Best Actress – Little Forest
Kim Tae Ri is not just an inspiration for her fans, but she is also the role model. She is smart, talented, beautiful, and funny. What a great combination for a celebrity!