Yura or also known as Kim Ah Young started her career in the Korean entertainment industry by becoming one of the members of Girl’s Day, a K-pop girl group, in 2010.
At that time, she replaced the former members of the group, Ji In and Ji Sun, alongside Hyeri.
In 2011, Yura made her acting debut by getting a guest role for an MBC drama, I Trusted Him, followed by her next role in Secret Angel (2012).
Yura later decided to make a collaboration single with Jevice and released a single, I’ll Love You (2012).
In the same year, she also gained more recognition by appearing in an SBS drama, To The Beautiful You.
This ‘rich girl’ hit popularity after starring in a variety show called We Got Married (2014) alongside actor Hong Jong Hyun.
Three years later, Yura then was chosen to star in Hip Hop Teacher (2017), a JTBC short drama.
She then continued her acting career by appearing in Radio Romance (2018), Now We’re Breaking Up (2021), and Forecasting Love and Weather (2022).
Read also: Kim Nam Gil – Biography, Profile, Facts, Family & Life Story
- Real Name: Kim Ah Young (김아영)
- Stage Name: Yura (유라)
- Nickname: –
- Birthday: November 6, 1992
- Birthplace: Namoe-dong, Ulsan, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Nationality: South Korean
- Height: 170 cm (5’7″)
- Weight: 52 kg (114 lbs)
- Blood Type: O
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actress, Singer
- Education: Ulsan Art High School, Dongduk Women’s University
- Hobbies: Dancing, Listening to music, Playing games
- Parents: –
- Sibling: –
- Boyfriend: –
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: @girls_day_yura
- Instagram: @yura_936
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
Facts about Yura
- Yura went to the same university with her fellow Girl’s Day member, Minah.
- In her spare time, she loves painting.
- She is really interested in investment.
- Based on Sojin’s opinion, Yuri is the real rich girl.
- Yura owns a building in Ulsan.
- Many people praise her chemistry with Hong Jong Hyun for 2014’s We Got Married.
- She insured her legs for about 500 million won.
- Yura is under Awesome ENT.
- She always shakes her legs when sleeping.
- Her favorite movie genres are action and thriller.
- League of Legends is her favorite game.
- She once became a ballerina.
- Yura idolizes EXO.
- Her cousin works as an underground rapper.
- Her laugh is very addictive, based on her fans’ opinions.
- Many people also praise her beautiful body.
- Yura’s favorite food is meat.
- One of her dreams is to be an artist and be loved in various fields.
- Her ideal type is someone who has a great sense of humor, attentive, and also likes her. She chooses Lee Seung Gi as her own ideal type.
Read also: Bae Da Bin – Biography, Profile, Facts, Family & Life Story
- Hauch (2022), as Bae Kyunghwa
- Forecasting Love and Weather (JTBC | 2022), as Chae Yoo Jin
- Now, We Are Breaking Up (SBS | 2021-2022), as Hye Rin
- Find Me in Your Memory (MBC | 2020), as Go Yu Ra
- Psychopath Diary (tvN | 2019), as cameo
- Radio Romance (KBS2 | 2018), as Jin Tae Ri
- Hip Hop Teacher (JTBC | 2017), as Kim Yoo Bin
- Iron Lady (tvN | 2016), as Jenny
- Be Arrogant (SBS Plus | 2014), as Hong Ha Ra
- The Clinic for Married Couples: Love and War 2 (KBS2 | 2013), as Yoo Jung
- Family (KBS2 | 2013), as cameo
- To The Beautiful You (SBS | 2012), as Lee Eun Young
- The Secret Angel (Sohu TV | 2012), as Yu Bin
- I Trusted Him (MBC | 2011), as cameo
- I’ll Love You (2012) – featured in Jevice’s
- Transit Love (TVING | 2021), as panelist
- Trend Record (SBS Plus | 2020-2021), as host
- Soulmate 3 (tvN | 2019), as host
- Idol Star Athletics Championships (MBC | 2018-2019), as host
- Battle Trip (KBS2 | 2017), as host
- Live Bar Season 2 (tvN | 2017), as host
- Living Together in Empty Room (MBC | 2021), as cast member
- We Got Married (MBC | 2014-2015), as cast member
- K-Pop Star 4 (SBS | 2015), as host
- MBC Entertainment Awards 2014 – Rookie Female Award – We Got Married
- MBC Entertainment Awards 2017 – Female Excellence Award-Variety – Living Together in Empty Room
Yura (Kim Ah Young) is the epitome of a hard-working idol. She is independent and always works her best effort to reach her dream.