Lee Bo Young is a South Korean actress and model. Throughout her career, she is popular for her iconic roles in various drama series, such as I Can Hear Your Voice (2013), Whisper (2017), Mother (2018), and Mine (2021).
Lee Bo Young made her career debut in the entertainment industry by winning the Daejeon entry for the 2000 Miss Korea beauty pageant.
Even so, her original dream was to be a news presenter, so she decided to apply for the 2002 MBC annual recruitment, but she didn’t pass it.
Boyoung later decided to switch her career into modeling and she later was chosen to be the commercial model for Asiana Airlines.
Her acting debut began in 2003 by appearing in various small roles, such as Escape from Unemployment and Long Live Love.
After that, she continued her career by appearing in People of the Water Flower Village (2004), Save the Last Dance for Me (2004) with Ji Sung, and starring in My Sweetheart, My Darling (2015).
Boyoung’s first major big screen role happened in 2008 after she successfully starred in Once Upon a Time, a periodic comedy.
She came back to television in 2010 by appearing in Golden House, which later was followed by her roles in Man from the Equator (2013), I Can Hear Your Voice (2013), and God’s Gift – 14 Days (2014).
After that, her name became more popular after starring in Whisper (2017), Mother (2018), When My Love Blooms (2020), and Mine (2022).
Read also: Kang Yoo Seok – Biography, Profile, Age, Trivia, Family & Life Story
- Real Name: Lee Bo Young (이보영)
- Stage Name: Lee Bo Young (이보영)
- Nickname: Boyoung
- Birthday: January 12, 1979
- Birthplace: Seoul, Korea Selatan
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Nationality: Korean
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actress
- Education: Seoul Women’s University (Majored in Literature)
- Hobbies: –
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: –
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- Height: 168 cm (5’5″)
- Weight: 48 kg (105 lbs)
- Blood Type: B
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Black
- Body Measurements: –
- Shoe Size: –
- Father: –
- Mother: –
- Sister: –
- Brother: –
- Husband: Ji Sung (Married 2013)
- Children: Kwak Ji Yoo, Kwak Woo Seong
Husband, Boyfriend, & Dating History
Lee Bo Young is known to have been in a relationship with actor Ji Sung since 2007 after the couple met for the first time in 2004 on the set of Save Last Dance for Me.
In August 2013, the couple then announced their engagement on their official fan sites. One month later, they finally married at Aston House, W Seoul Walkerhill Hotel.
They later welcomed their first child, Kwak Ji Yoo, in 2015, which later was followed by their following child, Kwak Soo Sung.
The net worth of Lee Bo Young is estimated at $5 million, which is derived from her primary job as an actress.
Besides, Boyoung is also a model who has worked in various advertisement campaigns and commercial brands.
- At first, Boyoung initially had a desire to be a news anchor.
- She once made a donation with the total worth of 100 million won for the Children’s Cancer Center at Seoul National University Hospital.
- She is a hard working person.
- Boyoung loves to make donations.
- She loves reading books.
- She once released a book in 2015, Time of Love.
- Boyoung said that the book needed 3 years to be completed.
- She is happy getting a new family with his husband, Ji Sung.
- Boyoung loved Disney movies when she was a kid.
- She is careful when letting her daughter watch Disney movies.
- Boyoung decided to star in Mother to speak up about child abuse.
- She is vocal about supporting “Me Too” movement.
- Her ideal type is…
Read also: Yoon Ye Joo – Biography, Profile, Age, Trivia, Family & Life Story
- I Am Happy (2009), as Su Kyung
- More Than Blue (2009), as Cream (Eun Wol)
- Once Upon a Time (2008), as Choona Ja
- A Dirty Carnival (2006), as Hyun Joo
- My Brother (2004), as Miryeong
- Agency (JTBC | 2023), as Go A In
- Mine (tvN | 2021), as Seo Hi Soo
- Start-Up (tvN | 2020), as woman at pub (ep.10)
- When My Love Blooms (tvN | 2020), as Yoon Ji Soo
- Mother (tvN | 2018), as Soo Jin
- Whisper (SBS | 2017), as Shin Young Joo
- Pinocchio (SBS | 2014-2015), as Dal Po’s taxi navigation voice (cameo)
- God’s Gift – 14 Days (SBS | 2014), as Kim Soo Hyun
- I Can Hear Your Voice (SBS | 2013), as Jang Hye Sung
- Seo-Young, My Daughter (KBS2 | 2012-2013), as Seo Young
- Man From the Equator (KBS2 | 2012), as Han Ji Won
- Bravo, My Life (MBC | 2011-2012), as Kang Jae Mi
- Athena: Goddess of War (KBS2 | 2010-2011), as Jo Soo Young (President’s daughter)
- Golden House (tvN | 2010), as Yoon Seorin
- Becoming a Billionaire (KBS2 | 2010), as Lee Shin Me
- Queen of the Game (SBS | 2006-2007), as Kang Eun Sul
- Mr. Good-Bye (KBS2 | 2006), as Choi Young In
- Song of the Prince (SBS | 2005-2006), as Sun Hwa
- My Sweetheart My Darling (KBS1 | 2005), as Yoo In Young
- Encounter (2005), as Choi Eom Ji
- Save the Last Dance With Me (SBS | 2004), as Yun Su jin
- Jang Gil San (2004), as Kwi Rye
- People of the Water Flower Village (MBC | 2004)
- Long Live Love (2003), as Se Ryung
- Escape from Unemployment (2003), as Cha Mi Rim
Lee Bo Young is such an excellent actress. She always uses her character in the movies and drama series as her way to improve herself.