Alaqua Cox is a Native American actress. Her breakthrough career happened after starring in Hawkeye (2021) as Maya Lopez or Echo.
She’s set to star in Echo (2023), a Hawkeye spin-off series in which she took the lead role.
She became popular after her debut acting in the Hawkeye (2021) Marvel serial with famous stars, such as Hailee Steinfeld and Jeremy Renner. She joined her first casting on December 3, 2020.
This woman who graduated from Wisconsin School for the Deaf had never imagined before that she would become an actress.
And the fact that Cox herself was born deaf and also amputated with a prosthetic, also never imagined that she would be portrayed on the Hawkeye serial.
On this Marvel serial, she plays her role as Maya Lopez, a leader of the mafia tracksuit criminal group.
Her acting skills were also praised by the director as well as Jeremy Renner. Meanwhile, Echo co-creator David W. Mack also expressed his gratitude for her being a representative of deaf youth.
- Full Name: Alaqua Cox
- Stage Name: Alaqua Cox
- Nickname: Alaqua
- Birthdate: February 13, 1997
- Birthplace: Wisconsin, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Nationality: American
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actress
- Education: Wisconsin School for the Deaf
- Hobbies: Traveling
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @alaquacox
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- Height: 173 cm (5’8”)
- Weight: 60 kg (132 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Dark brown
- Eye Color: Dark brown
- Body Measurements: 34-25-35 (Bust -34, Waist -25, and Hips -35 inches)
- Shoe Size: 7 (US)
- Dress Size: –
- Father: Bill Cox
- Mother: Elena Heath
- Brother: –
- Sister: –
Boyfriend & Dating History
She appeared to be involved in a relationship with unknown man since 2017. Not much is known about their relationship, including his name.
It seemed that the couple has engaged as well.
According to various sources online, her net worth is estimated to sit anywhere between $500 thousand and $1 million. She earned her income primarily through her acting career.
- She is known as a Native American, also is of native Indian descent.
- She was born deaf and raised in the Menominee Indian Reservation in Keshena, Wisconsin.
- She is also of the Menominee and Mohican nation.
- Cox is also an amputee with a prosthetic leg.
- She was very good at playing volleyball when she was in school.
- She’s in a relationship! But she is a private person so she doesn’t reveal who her lover is.
- She was a member of her high school’s basketball and volleyball teams at Wisconsin School for the Deaf.
- She loves spending her time outdoors.
- Her pet is a dog so she says she loves dogs!
- She can do some heavy lifting even can lift more than her own body weight.
- She’s a positive person.
- She really loves meeting new people and learning about where they come from.
- She also really enjoys taking pictures to capture every moment in her life!
- And she likes traveling because she can learn a lot about culture in various places.
- Her ideal type is…
- Hawkeye (Disney+ ⏐ 2021), as Maya Lopez / Echo
- Echo (Disney+ ⏐ 2023), as Maya Lopez / Echo
“I’m a huge dog lover, despite having been bitten by a dog in the face as a kid and he left a cool scar on my upper lip. My fiancé said it looks badass.”
“Being a superhero is a big term and a big word to use, but when I got the role, I was so happy that they hired me because they want to show authentic representation of a deaf and Indigenous person. I’m deaf and Indigenous, so it’s just an amazing experience to go through.”
“The authentic representation, first and foremost, is very awesome. I grew up seeing white superheroes who were mostly men. Now that we have this authentic representation for people of color, it’s so nice to see that change in representation.”
“My family and friends encouraged me because the casting call said they were looking for a 20’s Native American, female, and deaf person, and they said it fit me perfectly. So I went ahead and applied. Three or four months later I got the role. It’s been a crazy ride.”
“It was such an honor to work with [Jeremy Renner and Hailee Steinfeld]. I think they are spectacular actors, and I have learned a lot from watching them work behind the scenes.”
“I remember meeting Jeremy on my first day of work on-set; I was a nervous wreck, as this was my very first acting job. He then complimented me in American Sign Language (ASL), which comforted me. Hailee also spelled out her name to me in ASL at the studio where we were doing our stunt training sessions.”
“I believe kids deserve to see inclusivity and accurate representation. It will make kids with all types of cultures and disabilities feel like our dreams can break free from limitations.”
But even so, Alaqua Cox is always able to give her positive energy to the people around her and even able to attract the attention of netizens and feel proud of herself.