Bae Doo Na or Bae Doona already fell in love with acting and arts when she was just a young girl.
When she was younger, she often got a lot of inspiration from her mother, Kim Hwa Young, about the acting industry.
When this “beautiful star” was in college, a modeling agency scouted her to be a model. After joining the agency, she got a lot of opportunities to get modeling jobs for COOLDOG’s catalog.
Her first acting debut was for a drama series called Angel’s Kiss in 1998. In 1999, she got roles in more dramas, School, Kwangki, and 8 Love Stories.
Doo Na debuted as a movie actress when she starred in The Ring Virus (1999), a Korean horror movie remake for the Japanese movie, Ring.
One year later, Doo Na became so popular by starring in Barking Dogs Never Bite. In this movie, she had the courage to do some scenes without makeup and that thing led to her popularity.
After gaining popularity, she then appeared in more movies and dramas, such as Take Care of My Cat (2001), Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (2002), Tube (2003), and Rosemary (2003).
No longer after that, she took a hiatus to focus on her photography hobby.
In 2005, she then came back by acting in a movie called Linda Linda Linda. In the same year, she also appeared in a drama called Beating Heart.
Doo Na then continued her career by starring in How to Meet a Perfect Neighbor (2007), Master of Study (2010), and Gloria (2010). She even made her debut on Hollywood screens by acting in Cloud Atlas (2012).
After she came back to Korea, she appeared again in a lot of dramas, such as Stranger (2017), and Matrimonial Chaos (2018), Kingdom (2019), and Persona (2019).
From 2020, she magnetized the public by starring in Kingdom: Season 2 (2020), Stranger 2 (2020), and The Silent Sea (2021).
- Real Name: Bae Doo Na (배두나)
- Stage Name: Bae Doo Na (배두나)
- Also Known as: Bae Doona, Bae Du Na
- Nickname: –
- Birthday: October 11, 1979
- Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Nationality: South Korean
- Height: 171 cm (5’6′)
- Weight: –
- Blood Type: O
- Religion: –
- Profession: Actress
- Education: Movie Theatre, Hanyang University
- Hobbies: Photography, Acting
- Parents: Bae Jong Deok (father), Kim Hwa Yeong (mother)
- Siblings: Bae Doo Han
- Boyfriend: Jim Sturgess (2014 – 2015)
- Facebook: –
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @doonabae
- TikTok: –
- YouTube: –
- Her name, Bae Doo Na means beautiful star.
- She is under the SBD Entertainment.
- Her mother is a stage actress.
- Doo Na learned acting majorly from her mother.
- When she was younger she thought that becoming an actress is a job that only allows people with extraordinary talents.
- Doo Na often followed her mother to rehearsal halls and theater.
- She became the first Korean who had modeled for American Vogue model cover.
- She was once rumored to have a relationship with Son Seok Gu in 2018 when they worked together for Sense8, but they both denied it.
- Doo Na doesn’t follow trends.
- In fashion, she doesn’t make any style icons, because she chooses to be authentic to herself.
- For her, Barking Dogs Never Bite is one of the most memorable acting projects for her.
- She admitted that Kwak Ji Kyun influenced her style of acting.
- Before she met Bong Joon Ho, she always associate the acting industry with glitter and beauty.
- When Doo Na filmed The Host, she had learned archery for several months before.
- She once held an exhibition for her photo book, Doona’s Pasttime in Seoul, in 2008.
- She loves photography so much.
- She said that no city is as wonderful as Seoul.
- Her ideal type is…
Well, after knowing Bae Doo Na’s experience in acting, nobody can beat her extraordinary talents and aura. Thumbs up!