David Laid is an Estonian bodybuilder, YouTube star, and fitness model.
He successfully captivated the public with his mindblowing body transformation in just 3 years, from a skinny boy to a powerlifter.
There’s always a background story from every inspirational public figure, including David Laid, who started his career as a bodybuilder and fitness influencer after being teased because of his body.
He was called skinny when he was at school and David later made that statement became his biggest motivation to transform his body and his life.
At the age of 14, he started his intense fitness training routine under the supervision of a physical therapist due to his scoliosis condition.
He worked very hard every day. From watching tons of YouTube fitness videos and go to the gym every day.
Slowly, his hard work then finally paid off. When he was 17 years old, 3 years after he started his fitness training, he startled the public because of his mindblowing body transformation.
To show his transformation to the world, David later created his own YouTube Channel in July 2019 and posted about his body transformation.
That video later became viral in August 2015, which became his big jump stone to be a fitness expert in the industry.
He then started to post videos more frequently to give inspiration to other people out there.
Because of hard work, David then successfully grew his audience to a million views and followers on his social media accounts.
That grand achievement also helped him to get some endorsement and modeling deals from Euphoria, Gymshark Athlete, and many more.
- Real Name: David Laid
- Stage Name: David Laid
- Nickname: David
- Birthday: January 29, 1994
- Birthplace: Estonia
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Nationality: Estonian
- Religion: –
- Profession: YouTube Star, Fitness Model, Bodybuilder
- Education: –
- Hobbies: Gym
- Facebook: David Laid Official
- Twitter: –
- Instagram: @davidlaid
- TikTok: @davidlaidofficial
- YouTube: David Laid Official
Height, Weight, & Physical Appearance
- Height: 188 cm (6’2″)
- Weight: 90 kg (198 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Brown
- Eye Color: Brown
- Body Measurements: 41-30-31 (Chest–Waist–Hips in inches)
- Shoe Size: –
- Dress Size: –
- Father: –
- Mother: Nino
- Brother: –
- Sister: –
Girlfriend & Dating History
Julia is a dancer/choreographer and has been featured in his videos.
Further details about their relationship, however, is unknown as they keep mostly to themselves.
David’s net worth is estimated to be between $1 million and $5 million. He earns big from YouTube and fitness modelling.
David has also landed endorsement deals with supplement companies and clothing brands, including Gymshark Athlete and Euphoria.
Additionally, he sells coaching tips, personalized workouts, and nutrition plans online and participates in fitness models’ physique contests.
- Many people are impressed by his significant body transformation.
- He has inspired people so much to gain confidence to transform their bodies since he successfully transformed his previous skinny body into a powerlifting body.
- When he was still a school student, other students always mocked him because he was very skinny.
- Not only his friends, but the coach of his school’s hockey team also teased his body.
- His classmates called him “chicken legs” when he was still a student.
- When he was being teased skinny, his height was 5’7″ and his weight was 98 pounds.
- That condition later became his biggest motivation to illuminate his own life, especially in transforming his body.
- His mother gave birth to him when she was just 23 years old.
- His father passed away because of an accident in their home country, Estonia.
- At that time, his father fell from a cruise ship docked at a harbor.
- David was just 2 years old when his beloved father passed away.
- Because of his father’s death, his mother decided to bring him with her to New Jersey, United States, to start a new life.
- When he was 14 years old, David was diagnosed with scoliosis by the doctor, which impacts his spine.
- Because of that condition, the doctor advised him to lift weights and train supervised by a physical therapist.
- That advice also gained his passion for fitness.
- His big inspirations are Keith and Kevin Hodge, Jeff Seid, and Marc Fitt.
- David quit hockey and worked on his healthy fitness plan instead.
- Even though his body transformation was very impressive, some people questioned his methods.
- Many people at that time wondered whether he used steroids and supplements or not.
- There were also academics and clinical physicians who claimed that he had Body Dysmorphic Disorder.
- But David eventually denied the rumor that he used steroids and told the public that his body transformation came naturally.
- He also denied he used illegal aid, which was supported by his mother.
- David always maintains his personal life away from the public, especially his love life.
- His girlfriend, Julia, works as a dancer and has been featured in his videos frequently.
- David always rains six days a week with 2 hours per session.
- His training schedule contains leg workouts, push, and pull sessions.
- His ideal type is…
“I was an absolute twig.”
“A person who inspires me Greg Plitt.”
“You have more of an alpha mentality.”
“Really just leave the ego out the door.”
“My appetite is definitely a lot better now.”
“I have wet dreams about taking steroids.”
“Don’t just listen to anything anybody tells you.”
“When I started training, everyone made fun of me.”
“Some people are hardcore partiers, we’re hardcore trainers.”
“Create content that you actually enjoy in your own unique way.”
“The only person to blame for your shortcomings is yourself.”
“Myself. My desire to improve keeps me pushing forward.”
“My most massive insecurity it was like simply how skinny I was.”
“Starting a workout routine is one thing but keeping it up is another.”
“I would tell myself to just always prioritize doing what I actually love.”
“I don’t like food and have to work really hard to get my daily calories!”
“Now after I’m eating a lot cleaner it’s honestly I just have a better appetite.”
“This is kind of like our life, and we want to become something most teens don’t.”
“I feel like it was really bad in high school because I was just eating such garbage.”
“I kind of came home with it, and I went on YouTube and I typed in, ‘chest workout.”
“A lot of people recommend teenagers don’t take this stuff, but we’re kind of different.”
“My passion was that I would have like gotten somewhere I just made sure I got it get there safely.”
“Plan my training and nutrition for the week ahead, as well as any photo or video work I need to do.”
“I was pretty athletic I was always I guess slightly stronger and more athletic than the baseline everyone around else my age.”
“You have energy all the time. You feel super good. You’re stronger when you go to the gym. You’re more aggressive and confident. ”
“You can get injured any type of lifting you could trip in the gym, you can get hit by a car so just whatever you do you got to do it safely.”
“I just more prioritizing my health in general rather than eating in a way that could increase my size and strength and body weight as rapidly as possible.”
“I was ridiculously insecure like I would walk around in high school like I needed to have like a massive hoody on I didn’t wear a regular t-shirt because I was flat.”
David Laid is such an inspiring person. Even though many people saw him small in his previous years, he can endure it and grow stronger positively. Salute!