One of the main protagonists of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba in addition to Zenitsu Agatsuma is Inosuke Hashibira. He is also a traveling companion of Tanjiro Kamado and joins the Demon Slayer Corps.
Inosuke has an average height but toned and defined muscles over his stomach and arms. His face looks pale and tends to be feminine with dark to soft pale green eyes.
His most defining feature is that he wears a hollowed-out boar’s head. It lines up with the fact that he was raised by a boar.
Inosuke has high self-confidence because he always feels that he is the strongest among the others.
His ambition to be the best shows just how provocative he is, as he often tries to push others against him, though in the latter case he falls short of Tanjiro Kamado. He also has a somewhat vindictive character.
Inosuke has a self-made sword style Beast Breathing. His arch-nemesis was Doma, who’s murdering his mother.
With his ability, he was then able to destroy his nemesis Doma with the help of Kanao Tsuyuri during the raid on Muzan Kibutsuji’s Dimensional Infinity Fortress.
- Real Name: Inosuke Hashibira (嘴平 伊之助)
- Stage Name: Hashibira Inosuke
- Nickname: The Boar, King of The Mountains, Wild Hashira, Boar Hashira, Inoko
- Birthday: April 22
- Age: 15 Years Old
- Gender: Male
- Height: 164 cm (5’4½”)
- Weight: 63 kg (139 lbs)
- Hair Color: Black to Blue
- Eye Color: Green
- Type of Hero: Monster Slay-er, Feral, Thrill-Seeker
- Parents: Kotoha Hashibira (Mother)
- Siblings: –
- Wife: Aoi Kanzaki
- Friends: Tanjiro Kamado, Zenitsu Agatsuma, Nezuko Kamado, Makio
- Enemies: Muzan Kibutsuji, Douma (arch-nemesis), Shabana siblings, Enmu Tamio, Father Spider
- Manga Debut: Chapter 21
- Anime Debut: Episode 11
- Japanese Voice Actor: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
- English Voice Actor: Bryce Papenbrook
- Stage Play: Yugo Sato
- Inosuke is deaf, as is Tanjiro.
- He is incredibly gifted with superhuman senses and flexibility.
- The “ino” of his first name resembles the first part of the Japanese word for “boar” (猪 inoshishi). This is further proven by the kanji of his courtesan name Inoko (猪いの子こ Inoko).
- Inosuke does not remember the names of others and usually only succeeds once in seven. Later in the series, however, Inosuke managed to correctly pronounce the names of his closest friends:Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Kanao and Shinobu.
- He seems to enjoy eating tempura, as can be seen when he rests at Wisteria Mansion and uses it as motivation during training.
- Inosuke Hashibira is rarely seen with a shirt or top on, he doesn’t really like it.
- His swords are different from those of other demon killers, as he carves them himself to give them serrated edges.
- Inosuke used wild boars, bears, and wolves as references when creating the Breath of the Beast.
- He is hated by Kozo Kanamori, the uniform makers and swordsmen of the Demon Slayer Corps, that’s why he’s almost always half naked in every shot in the anime.
- He had a strong platonic relationship with Nezuko and he always respects and treats Nezuko as a maternal figure and reports everything that happens to him.
- Inosuke’s raven most often remains hidden. That’s because he almost ate his crow on 18 different occasions.
- Inosuke adopted the habits of boars into his fighting styles that are very unpredictable and fierce, resembling a “four-legged beast”.
- Inosuke is so flexible that his head can bend between his legs, he can even shift his heart and avoid him being stabbed in the fight against Daki and Gyutaro.
- He has incredibly toned muscles, possesses superhuman physical strength, and is able to dual wield two katanas as opposed to one, even swinging them at super speeds.
- Inosuke evolved an extraordinarily sensitive sense of touch that his skin could feel the subtle vibrations in the air. This ability allows him to pinpoint precisely the location of what his enemies are looking at.
- Inosuke’s extrasensory perception allows him to detect things and sense a person’s malice and intent to kill when they are outside his range of sight.
- He can move super fast because of his superhuman speed ability.
- He possesses incredible willpower and spirit, he never gave up on facing any foe.
- Inosuke has a resistance to poison because of his complete immunity.
- Inosuke was raised by boars and grew up around animals, so it makes him genuinely bad at socializing.
- Inosuke was raised by wild boars. That makes sense, considering his brash, animalistic personality, and the difficult to learn to speak, however.
- Inosuke is’t always strong, he does not know his limits. When facing the formidable spider demon (the father demon), he meets his match and is eventually overpowered and left broken.
- He can’t read or write, and struggles to say peoples names right
“Don’t cry even if you have regrets! No matter how pathetic or humiliated you feel, you still have to go on living!”
“Better to be careful! Because, ready or not, I’m coming!”
“The fate that unites us is truly a miracle. After all, the demon who killed… my mother and my friend… right before my eyes! You have my gratitude for making me remember. Cutting off your head won’t be enough!! I’ll send you to hell!!”
“If hell doesn’t exist, I’ll create it for you!! Enough of your bullshit!! Don’t say my mother was unhappy, kind of bastard!”
“You really did it now! And I’m not going to get up for that! They protected us! The old guy with the rosary has lost his leg! And the guy with the half-and-half haori lost his arm! All the bodies lying here belonged to comrades with whom I shared my meals! Give them back! Their leg and arm! Their lives! All! Give them back! If you can’t do that… Then you will pay him with a million dead! “
“We are comrades… and like brothers, then, if someone begins to stray from the path, we all stop him. No matter if it’s hard or painful, we walk the right path. “
Though Inosuke Hashibira is an extremely short-tempered person who always likes to think he is the strongest fighter, he’s praised for his skill.
At first, he seems very provocative, but then becomes more accustomed to affection and generosity, learning to also acknowledge the strength of people besides himself and develop feelings of friendship towards him.