Tanjiro Kamado is a fictional character and the main protagonist of Koyoharu Gotouge’s the most famous anime, Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba.
Tanjiro is a teenager who goes on a quest to restore humanity to his sister, Nezuko, who was turned into a demon after her family was killed by Muzan Kibutsuji following an attack that resulted in the death of another of her relatives.
He is described by his caring nature and his relationship with his sister as well as being a strong fighter. This causes the character to be very attached to strength and combat.
Besides that, in the main character of Demon Slayer, Tanjiro Kamado is described as a great figure as the eldest son of the late charcoal seller, Tanjuro. Tanjiro has a very good main character type.
He’s in the gray zone. Characteristically there is a facial scar on Tanjiro’s forehead.
- Full Name: Kamado Tanjirō / 竈門 炭治郎
- Stage Name: Tanjiro Kamado
- Nickname: Tanjiro, Child of Brightness, Sumiko, King of Demons
- Birthday: July 14
- Age: 13 Years Old (Chapter 1); 15 Years Old (End of Chapter 5); 16 Years Old (End of Chapter 204)
- Height: 165 cm (5’5″)
- Weight: 61 kg (134 lb)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: Black to Red
- Eye Color: Dark Red
- Parents: Tanjuro Kamado (Father); Kie Kamado (Mother)
Nezuko Kamado (Younger Sister);
Takeo Kamado (Younger Brother);
Hanako Kamado (Younger Sister);
Shigeru Kamado (Younger Brother);
Rokuta Kamado (Younger Brother)
- Wife: Kanao Tsuyuri (Wife)
- Manga Debut: Chapter 1
- Anime Debut: Episode 1
- Japanese Voice Actors: Natsuki Hanae, Satomi Satō (Child)
- English Voice Actors: Zach Aguilar, Allegra Clark (Child)
- Stage Play: Ryota Kobayashi
- Tanjiro Kamado is the eldest child of the couple Tanjuto and Kie Kamado. The couple has a total of 6 children, including Nezuko.
- He died before episode 1 of Demon Slayer aired, and Kie Kamado and his 4 children were massacred by Muzan. The only survivors are Tanjiro (staying at Saburo’s house) and Nezuko who become demons.
- Tanjiro strength has been obtained through rigorous training, from training with Urodaki to finally being guided by Hashira who is a ghost.
- Demon Slayer Mark is a sign that symbolizes a demon slayer. He was the first to be able to awaken the mark in his generation.
- Tanjiro is a special demon slayer because he has two breathing techniques. The first is Water Breathing which is taught by his teacher, Sakonji Urodaki.
- In addition to sword techniques, Tanjiro also uses a sharp sense of smell as his mainstay.
- Tanjiro almost became a demon but with the help of Nezuko, Kanao, and strong determination Tanjiro managed to stop his transformation into a demon.
- Has rough hands
- Has a strong forehead
- Editor Gotouge created Tanjiro who has an intelligent main character who stands out in his dark narrative whose design is inspired by Himura Kenshin from Nobuhiro Watsuki’s manga Rurouni Kenshin.
- In the initial designs, he has no scars or wears earrings, but in the end they feel these features highlight his character.
- Tanjiro is voiced by Natsuki Hanae in Japanese, while the English voice actor is Zac
- Tanjiro’s character is very popular. He was ranked 1st on the first Demon Slayer character popularity poll with 6,742 votes.
- In February 2020 at Crunchyroll Anime Awards, Tanjiro won the “Best Boy” category and Tanjiro and his sister Nezuko fight against Rui won the “Best Fighting Scene” category. This scene was widely commented on by critics with IGN regarding it as one of the best episode television series of all time based on its visuals and execution.
- In the Benesse survey, he was chosen as the most trusted character by Shinkenzemi Elementary School.
- His power is a special demon slayer because it has two breathing techniques. The first is Water Breathing which is taught by his teacher, Sakonji Urodaki.
- Tanjiro also has the advantage of using a sharp sense of smell as his mainstay.
- He can control himself not to become a demon with his intelligence and strength.
- One of the traits that makes Tanjiro extraordinarily unique is his very hard forehead. The interesting part is that Tanjiro’s stubbornness in his personality is just as prominent as his physique.
- Another feature of Tanjiro is his ability to evaluate situations and think calmly, allowing him to win his battles.
- Weakness is in Tanjiro Kamado’s black sword. The sword’s weakness was revealed when Tanjiro and Kyojuro Rengoku boarded the Mugen Train there, the sword prevented Tanjiro from reaching higher levels not only in the Demon Slayer Corps, but also in his swordsmanship.
- Tanjiro Kamado, known for his kind heart and sometimes overly generous nature, becomes a weakness in the face of monsters that are about to be slaughtered.
“Use Your Head, Not Just Spirit.”
“All Of Your Emotions, I’ll Carry Them Into The Battlefield.”
“All I Can Do Is Work Hard!”
“No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living. No matter how devastating the blows might be.”
“It’s The Heart That Drives People So It Can Grow As Strong As You Need It To.”
“I can do it. I know I can do it. I’m the guy who gets it done, broken bones or not. No matter what, I can do it! I can fight!”
“Why is it…when you’re close to accomplishing something, right in front of you, another barrier appears. Novice swordsmen, all-powerful, all killed and fought in faraway places. And yet I still don’t have the ability to go there. I feel like I’m falling behind!”
“The strong should aid and protect the weak. Then, the weak will become strong and they, in turn, will aid and protect those weaker than them. That is the law of nature.”
This character makes all inspiration with the good attitude in the show this anime, and then the superpower made me realize his hero on soul body and perfect figures in his character in the manga.