Tengen Uzui is a main supporting character in the anime series Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba.
He is a former member of the Demon Slayer Corps, standing in as the previous Sound Hashira.
Tengen is an eccentric and flashy individual, always wanting to be “flamboyant”. He is very demanding of others, treating the Demon Slayers very harshly during the Hashira Training Arc.
He is usually seen talking boastfully and proclaiming that he is “god” in front of Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke.
Tengen also has a caring side that is masked under his flamboyant façade, one he only shows to those that are extremely close to him, most notably his three wives, Makio, Suma, and Hinatsuru.
He is described as a tall, broad-shouldered, muscular man. His skin is brownish and his hair is white with uneven length. He also has maroon eyes.
- Real Name: Uzui Tengen (宇髄 天元)
- Stage Name: Tengen Uzui
- Nickname: Tengen
- Birthday: October 31
- Age: 23 Years Old
- Gender: Male
- Height: 198 cm (6’6″)
- Weight: 95 kg (209 lbs)
- Blood Type: –
- Hair Color: White
- Eyes Color: Fuchsia
- Parents: –
- Siblings: –
- Friends: –
- Wives: Makio, Suma, Hinatsuru
- Hobbies: –
- Manga Debut: Chapter 44
- Anime Debut: Episode 21
- Japanese VA: Kasuyuki Konishi
- English VA: Ray Chase
- Tengen ranked 37th in the first popularity poll with 14 votes, and he ranked 13th in the second popularity poll with 3436 votes.
- Before Tengen became a Demon Slayer and then a Hashira, he was originally a Shinobi, as stated by Gyutaro.
- He had three wives.
- Tengen is one of the only known Demon Slayer and Hashira to retire due to being permanently disabled.
- He uses two Nichirin swords as a Demon Slayer, just like Inosuke Hashibira.
- He is the owner of the title Hashira Voice
- Tengen is one of the Hashira who did not participate in the final battle.
- He is one of the characters who survived until the manga was finished.
- Tengen’s level of openness was ranked at 88%.
- He is an art teacher.
- Tengen is a very powerful and skilled combatant.
- He has displayed incredible physical feats of strength and speed, being the second physically strongest Hashira in the current generation as well as being the fastest runner out of all the Hashira.
- Tengen was also able to effortlessly decapitate Daki without her realizing it.
- Tengen has also showcased great skill and precision in using explosives, minimizing damage dealt to the surroundings and maximizing the damage dealt to his opponents.
- He has greater tactical skills and sharper senses, especially his sense of hearing.
- Tangen was able to fight Upper Rank after losing his left hand to Gyutaro.
- Tengen has a heightened sense of hearing similar to that of Zenitsu Agatsuma.
“Do I look like someone with any talent? […] See, this country is vast. It’s teeming with people who’d blow your mind. Some are complete enigmas. Some can take up a sword and become a Hashira in two months. Me, chosen? Don’t give me that crap! Just how many lives do you think I’ve let slip through my fingers until now?”
“I’m a God. And you three… are trash”
“The God of flashiness. The God of festivals”.
“Shut up! Don’t you dare underestimate humans!”
“I can’t be like Rengoku “.
“We could be in for an ultra flashy fight to death”
“Just how many lives do you think I’ve let slip through my fingers until now”
“Starting now, things are going to get real flashy!”
“I see she’s becoming a flashy demon”
“After all that grandstanding in front of the Master, what’s this sorry state?”
“You’re no upper-rank demon. Since you’re too weak. You’re not the one I’ve been searching for”
“Stupid brats who start acting cranky don’t belong on the battlefield”.
“Well I can tell it’s not going to be a walk in the park”
“If someone like me gives that impression, you really are living a blessed life”.
Although, he has an arrogant nature and always considers himself to be God, Tengen still has kindness in his heart, especially to his three wives.